City Victory Parade - 2022/23

I will no doubt get shot down in flames but fwiw, here are the thoughts of a Scottish fan who couldn't be at the party.
Monday evening was a bit of a write off if you wanted to watch live. The weather conditions clearly making things very difficult technically and also serving to truncate the event. From what I could see those that attended were having a very good time. On the You Tube channel, in between freezes, we got some shots of the buses, a couple of minutes of the stage and a lot of studio time, some of which was good (Nedum) and lots of it were just poor. Poor presenting, poor guests. Blossoms ffs? Ok they are fans but then so are millions.

Last night decided to give it another go as maybe there would be some good stuff that had been produced at a more leisurely pace during the day from the hours of filming that must have taken place. Whilst there were a number of 2 minute segments on the City You Tube channel, nothing that summarised the whole event. It was left to Beanyman sports to do that and it was by far the best available. 20 minutes or so of film of the bus, the fans and the stage. I did stumble across a Blog which was labelled MEN which seemed to consist of a guy trying to find fans that were pissed off with the club about something.

Anyway. Thoughts:
  • disruption on Monday pretty inevitable but the club should have had time yesterday to get something comprehensive on social media yesterday to act as a summary of the event
  • there seemed to be a lack of pre planning for the event format - the studio could have been a great deal better than it was with the right presenters and guests and discussion. It looked like it was - amateur hour.
  • I get why the support staff are all part of this celebration - one team and all that. It must make for a brilliant atmosphere within the club. I felt though that they were front and centre far too much.
  • I looked forward to someone stepping forward at the end and addressing the fans about the history and what the treble meant to all of us. You just know if Vinnie had been there he would have done it brilliantly. Instead we got Jack, barely able to speak gibbering about feeding the turkey. Was there not anyone sober enough to sign off the event in a more appropriate way? Anyway - look forward to the Chairmans address to do that brilliantly
I'm sure that if I had been there I would have enjoyed the atmosphere but probably nine out of ten fans had to follow the event through TV/social media and that was pretty bloody poor. Hopefully some lessons learned for when we do the quadruple.

Reading some of the horror stories of folks struggles in Istanbul to get to and from the Ataturk stadium I realise all this is small beer. Kudos to every blue who made the trip and enhanced our reputation as fans with the eyes of the world on us.

...and a lot of studio time, some of which was good (Nedum) and lots of it were just poor. Poor presenting, poor guests. Blossoms ffs? Ok they are fans but then so are millions.
  • there seemed to be a lack of pre planning for the event format - the studio could have been a great deal better than it was with the right presenters and guests and discussion. It looked like it was - amateur hour.
I think it all seemed a bit cobbled together at the last minute because it actually was. They clearly didn't intend to spend that much time focusing on the studio interviewing random guests who happened to be walking past. But once the helicopter went and they lost the live feed from the player's bus, there wasn't much else they could do.

I guess that's live TV for you, and I actually thought the studio presenters did pretty well given the circumstances (Faraaz in particular), especially as they probably thought they were only going to be on for about 10 mins if everything went to plan. The majority who were there seemed to enjoy it, and that's the main thing that matters.

I think it all seemed a bit cobbled together at the last minute because it actually was. They clearly didn't intend to spend that much time focusing on the studio interviewing random guests who happened to be walking past. But once the helicopter went and they lost the live feed from the player's bus, there wasn't much else they could do.

I guess that's live TV for you, and I actually thought the studio presenters did pretty well given the circumstances (Faraaz in particular), especially as they probably thought they were only going to be on for about 10 mins if everything went to plan. The majority who were there seemed to enjoy it, and that's the main thing that matters.
Was the parade for local fans or every city fan? The Club are driven to further develop a global fan base.

For sure shit happens but thats why you do contingency planning and the forecast was predicting a lightning storm over Manchester at least 24 hours prior to the event.

Maybe it was for locals, if so it worked as you say - those that were there seemed to enjoy it. In the scheme of things its not a huge deal, nothing can take the pleasure away from what has been achieved.

where was the clip with Haaland

was this at an event after the parade? there doesn't seem to be any other pics or anything on the official site about this?
This was from the official club after party, club staff only, no plus ones

TBH I’m tired of the parades being on a Monday night, which is probably the worst night of the week, with short or no notice for the fans, especially fans from all over the country. I appreciate the internationals are on this week, but if they weren’t the parade would have still been on a Monday night. It would be nice just for once if the parade was held on Saturday or Sunday the following Week. The players could go away for a few days, relax, recover from the celebrations, come back, and do the parade at the weekend infront of 10,000’s more fans, then fly home or go on holiday. As for the route and the stage, it is what it is at the moment whilst the town hall and Albert Square are closed off due to the renovation.
Tend to agree-then we could claim over 1 million people at our parade, but tbh mate, there isn't a cat in hells chance of a weekend parade-the whole city and infrastructure would literally grind to a halt.

Tend to agree-then we could claim over 1 million people at our parade, but tbh mate, there isn't a cat in hells chance of a weekend parade-the whole city and infrastructure would literally grind to a halt.

As you say, Saturday this week would have attracted 10,000’s more City fans, Saturday shoppers, families, tourists, visitors etc.

The parade could have been longer to spread the crowds out more.

I appreciate it wouldn’t have a happened due to the shite internationals.

Maybe in the future the parade can be held on a Saturday or Sunday?

At least the town hall and Albert Square will be open at the end of next season. Completion is scheduled for June 2024, so it would be perfect for another treble parade. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.