City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

These formations are bonkers.

We have no outlet, we have no width, we create no chances.

Aguero is highlighting how wasteful he was last season now we don't have an abundance of goal scoring opportunities every game. Our tempo is poor and the constant changing of formation means the biggest highlight in Europe is how 'well oiled' all our opponents have looked whilst we often look like 11 strangers.

We also started the game with 4 CMs.

You've made your point Roberto, Marwood has moved sideways, now, as Tolmie said, learn from our mistakes. We're going backwards.

Mancio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolute fucking shit.

We are going backwards and people want to lay the blame at officials?

We got a penalty against Dortmund which never was. Forget agendas, they are just shit calls.

Home truths are Hart kept us in it with two great saves in second half.

You can forgive failure, what I can't forgive is not learning.

Against Bayern, Napoli and now twice v Ajax, we get done on the near post.

To take Tevez off was nothing short of criminal, when easily our best player.

Really encouraged by Nastasic, but that's about it.

hart was culpable for both their goals tough

Don't see that at all. The second was the fault of whoever should have been either marking De Jong or the space De Jong was in.

Re: City Vs Ajax Post Game Discussion Thread

Matty said:
black mamba said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Nolan was offside by the way

No he wasn't .....

that 'goal' should have stood .

His feet were onside, his shoulder and head looked offside to me as he was leaning towards the goal. You can score with a head or shoulder, so offside and no goal.

i think nolan was the closest player to the linesman (nobody else in line of view), which would have impacted on his decision, which is why tonights decision is even more unbelievable

bluenova said:
pLow said:
bluenova said:
Balotelli - his shirt was pulled and that was enough for a penalty, but he waited till he couldn't get the ball and then threw himself to the ground.

As you can see by the gif, there was no way Balo could reach that ball.

If you mean because he was being pulled away from it, I agree. I'm suggesting that shirt pulling is rarely given as a penalty, and he didn't fall because he was being pulled but threw himself to the ground.

If referees don't usually give pens for shirt pulling, they are very unlikely to do so when it's followed by a theatrical fall, which the gif shows clearly.

Maybe minor shirt pulling, but that was a tad too much if you ask me... nearly took his shirt off at one point.

Matty said:
Mancio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolute fucking shit.

We are going backwards and people want to lay the blame at officials?

We got a penalty against Dortmund which never was. Forget agendas, they are just shit calls.

Home truths are Hart kept us in it with two great saves in second half.

You can forgive failure, what I can't forgive is not learning.

Against Bayern, Napoli and now twice v Ajax, we get done on the near post.

To take Tevez off was nothing short of criminal, when easily our best player.

Really encouraged by Nastasic, but that's about it.

hart was culpable for both their goals tough

Don't see that at all. The second was the fault of whoever should have been either marking De Jong or the space De Jong was in.

The 'Man' has almost won. It's getting to the point where I wonder why we bother.

I can live with not winning games I've seen us lose enough over 42 years of going to games. Sure I've seen us shafted before many times but the way the agenda is going I doubt it's worth it sometimes.

Life would be much calmer with getting pissed off with the media, refs, divers, cheaters etc.

I still don't understand why I sit here thinking we played really well today (ok, I admit the 2 corners obviously not, but despite that...) and everyone else is slating us?

I thought Kompany looked back to his brilliant self, Nasty solid for a 19 yo, Yaya finally played well again, Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, Balo all working their socks off, Zaba absolute king...what did I miss?!

Right - first off their goals:

Most of you are blaming the 'zonal' system and/or mancini. You're all wrong. Watch both goals closely and you'll see that Yaya is completely at fault for both. Doesn't track his man, doesn't cover his 'zone' and in fact doesn't do anything at all.

That's 2 individual mistakes and a diabolical lack of professionalism and nothing more.

Other than that Ajax really didn't create much else and certainly nothing that was a clear cut 'chance'.

IMO tonight was the best we've played this season. The tempo was much quicker, the passing sharper and the movement better. There was also a clearly obvious 'desire' to win, to chase, to close down to get stuck in. There is no doubting the effort we put in tonight. Specil mentions to Clichy, Zab and Tevez in terms of putting in a serious shift. Any journalist who writes that there is trouble at city and Mancini is losing the players hasn't got a leg to stand on judging by the effort put in tonight.

Secondly, I thought Kompany was brilliant. Looked like the guy from last year. Very very good performance.

IMO we were easily the better team and despite having the 2 goal mountain to climb we went about our business in a very pleasing manner.

The refereeing was fucking wank, not just in the obvious main talking points, but all over the pitch. I dont want to go into this issue but suffice to say we were completely and utterly stitched up tonight in the most blatant and snidey way.

SamCity123 said:
I still don't understand why I sit here thinking we played really well today (ok, I admit the 2 corners obviously not, but despite that...) and everyone else is slating us?

I thought Kompany looked back to his brilliant self, Nasty solid for a 19 yo, Yaya finally played well again, Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, Balo all working their socks off, Zaba absolute king...what did I miss?!

Nothing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.