City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

refs and linesmen make split second decisions, the better ones get less wrong. all of them will make mistakes.
our defending is something can be improved . maybe the coaching or instructions given to players are to blame. or simply good players defending badly.

We're just not good enough at this level yet. Simple as that.

Slack marking at corners, ssslllooowww as fuck in midfield, poor finishing up front. Lack of urgency with and without the ball early on in games then we're left chasing an equaliser or winner late on. We're just not good enough yet.

We overrate the Premier League. Therefore as champions of the Prem we overrate ourselves and think we just have to turn up and be good enough to go through just because we're champions of England. But you have to work for it from second one in every game, you don't get it handed to you, you don't just turn up as some nobody who has won one league title in 44 years and demand to be given a better ranking or seeding then moan when we're in the group of death. We have to earn the right over a number of years, we have to estaish ourselves, we have to keep signing good players and get rid of the shit and the deadwood on an evolving basis. We can't stand still for one second.

Also we need to do fucking so much more in the stands. I reckon we're vying for the trophy for quietest fans in the Champions Lg. Dreadful dreadful atmosphere.

To be quite honest we don't strike me as a Champions Lg club yet. We look a few years off it yet at Champions League level, on the pitch and especially in the stands.

As pissed off as I was about the goals, I thought our tempo in the second half was quality. There arent many teams who could stand toe to toe with us when we play like that, dont know why we dont crank it up more often.

Matty said:
Mancio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolute fucking shit.

We are going backwards and people want to lay the blame at officials?

We got a penalty against Dortmund which never was. Forget agendas, they are just shit calls.

Home truths are Hart kept us in it with two great saves in second half.

You can forgive failure, what I can't forgive is not learning.

Against Bayern, Napoli and now twice v Ajax, we get done on the near post.

To take Tevez off was nothing short of criminal, when easily our best player.

Really encouraged by Nastasic, but that's about it.

hart was culpable for both their goals tough

Don't see that at all. The second was the fault of whoever should have been either marking De Jong or the space De Jong was in.

look at the replay mate , you'll see hart coming out like he can catch the ball and then going back when he saw the ball was short and he had misjudget , that move make he to be on late and get the goal on the first post

We were absolutely robbed by that bent referee but still should have won and created more chances. At this point a generic 4-4-2 would probably be more fruitful if we had the personnel, our system is stagnant and without Silva is borderline tedious at times as we seem to make creating chances as difficult as rocket science. This is probably why Mancini tried the 3-5-2, our normal system has been sussed out by too many teams and it's grind-grind-grind.

kippaxage6 said:
SamCity123 said:
I still don't understand why I sit here thinking we played really well today (ok, I admit the 2 corners obviously not, but despite that...) and everyone else is slating us?

I thought Kompany looked back to his brilliant self, Nasty solid for a 19 yo, Yaya finally played well again, Tevez, Aguero, Nasri, Balo all working their socks off, Zaba absolute king...what did I miss?!

Nothing

So we didn't play badly?

cityspud said:
bluenova said:
pLow said:
As you can see by the gif, there was no way Balo could reach that ball.

If you mean because he was being pulled away from it, I agree. I'm suggesting that shirt pulling is rarely given as a penalty, and he didn't fall because he was being pulled but threw himself to the ground.

If referees don't usually give pens for shirt pulling, they are very unlikely to do so when it's followed by a theatrical fall, which the gif shows clearly.

Maybe minor shirt pulling, but that was a tad too much if you ask me... nearly took his shirt off at one point.

Agreed,he was quite happy to give a free kick for a shirt pull earlier in the game which was far less apparent.Wasn't in the box though so was easier to make the call.
Very poor officiating+very poor defending = out of champions league.

Pigeonho said:
waspish said:
bluefandk said:
If Agueros completely legit goal hadnt been wrongly called offside we wouldnt have had to rely on a late penalty.

We got robbed by a ref that either is bent or incompetent, Im getting pretty sick and tired of us constantly getting robbed and then coming on Bluemoon and having to read nonsicle post from apologist like you.

We got robbed pure and simple.

(Yaya should have had a pen)

Spot on .. Officials tonight were not good enough and scared stiff at making the important decisions!
What were they scared of? Grown men here we are talking about.

So explain to me why those decisions were not given? Because I feel your way to intelligent for me ;) you seem so calm when all these decisions go against us..

GStar said:
These formations are bonkers.

We have no outlet, we have no width, we create no chances.

Aguero is highlighting how wasteful he was last season now we don't have an abundance of goal scoring opportunities every game. Our tempo is poor and the constant changing of formation means the biggest highlight in Europe is how 'well oiled' all our opponents have looked whilst we often look like 11 strangers.

We also started the game with 4 CMs.

You've made your point Roberto, Marwood has moved sideways, now, as Tolmie said, learn from our mistakes. We're going backwards.

just got back so not read all posts, yes i was furious leaving the game but we got lucky pen v dortmund and all in all just not good enough for champs league yet, looking at that game tonight not sure we would of got results needed v madrid and dortmund, its very frustrating not to even have the chance i know but its time to get all are efforts on prem and FA cup now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.