City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

...perhaps last night's game will be the turning point for us? If the club feel they are getting a raw deal (press, match officials etc) then adopting a siege mentality may just be what we need?

I wonder if the Sheikh thinks that the odd Carling cup will do!
Also, the two shocking decisions last night would have been totally irrelevant had we not conceded two soft goals.

Bodicoteblue said:
I wonder if the Sheikh thinks that the odd Carling cup will do!
Also, the two shocking decisions last night would have been totally irrelevant had we not conceded two soft goals.

Hope not as we ain't in that competition anymore either!

Blue Tooth said:
The nonsense about the officials crap decisions not mattering because of our shit defending is ...well it's nonsense.
Well it isnt. Those decisions came in the dying minutes of the game. We could and should have won that game well before that. The only ones to blame for that are our players.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Tooth said:
The nonsense about the officials crap decisions not mattering because of our shit defending is ...well it's nonsense.
Well it isnt. Those decisions came in the dying minutes of the game. We could and should have won that game well before that. The only ones to blame for that are our players.

When was the last time you saw such an obvious penalty ruled out because time was up?
I can't think of any but your memory is probably a bit sharper than mine.
If it had been 0-0 upto that decision then the 'shit defending' point wouldn't stand.

Chippy_boy said:
bapi said:
grim up north said:
which game were you watching

Every game.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am --

waspish said:
We put 6 past your Lot though...
Dude, you must have some serious problems.

I know exactly where he was coming from. Either:

(a) you were not watching the game, or (b) you are a rag... or I suppose (c) you are an idiot.

Last nights performance had plenty of pace, creativity and movement. Heck we scored 3 goals and would have scored 5 if the officials were not inept and/or bent. How many goals would you like us to score against national champions???

BUT yet again last night's performance did not have plenty of pace until the last 10 minutes.

Creativity - where and when ? Ajax were creative for long periods of the first half and the spell during the second half when we had run out of ideas after the opening 10 minutes.

Movement - you must be joking - we had no width again - we resorted to playing a long ball game in the second half.

It's no coincidence that our second goal came from a Hart long ball kick.

I am with Bapi on this one.

Take off your Blue coloured spectacles and don't let dodgy linesman's decisions delude you.

In Europe we are not good enough - we were far too slow for long periods of the game passing it around nicely in our own half.

To succeed in Europe you need to play 4-3-3 with wide players.

You need to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes ( we did it for the first 10 minutes of the second half).
AND you need to play with pace and drive from the midfield.

If there was any drive then please point it out to me as I missed it.

We are miles off being a good team - we are a collection of superstars who play for themselves and of course the money.

manimanc said:
I havn't missed us not being in the chimps league for the past 20 years and i wouldn't miss us not being in it for the next 20 years..
It isn't all that for me and this isn't a case of sour grapes,i just can't find it in myself to be @#!*% off about our form in it,it does absolutely nothing for me,it never has done and never will do,to me football is about wining trophies,the league is your bread and butter and not some poncy money making competition as the chimps league..
Give me a league title or an fa cup or a carling cup every season over this ego inflated bag of @#!*% ..
Roll on sunday and back to normality!!

If by back to normalcy you mean conceding soft goals, dreadful finishing, slow slow slow what-do-we-do-now boss? counter attacking etc, yes, roll on Sunday.

Still, we are third, thanks to Joe Hart and Edin.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Blue Tooth said:

While the players and Roberto were frustrated at the time in the light of day they will know they mucked up a good opportunity to get our first win in the comp.

Similarly when we were 2-1 up against Real Madrid despite being dominated in general play for much of that game if we defended the lead like a top unit would do to see out the reaming 8 minutes we would still be in the hunt.

Bottom line is we haven't been good enough and the penalty decision last night ( the off side one was line ball and you could see why it was given against AK ) was not something that we should have to hang our hat on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.