City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

Young said:
Fact is, a team at the top chasing for more honors shouldn't even lose players that are pivotal to the first team squad in the first place.

Eg. Nigel. Our only legit and true midfield enforcer.
Eg. Adam Johnson. Our only legit winger.

Chelsea's struggling. They lost Drogba and only have Torres to lead the line. They bought and improved, but still not enough.

Arsenal. Needless to say. Lost RVP, lost Song. Bought unreliable talents.

Rags had new additions. Cleverly, RVP. But because of their shit defence they still have to scrap wins.

De jong wanted to leave for more game time, can't say i blame him, and Johnson ain't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland.

We've conceded soft goals that we weren't conceding last season and we're missing chances that we would have taken.

I feel the players are feeling the pressure in europe and to some extent in the prem. and this is resulting in silly mistakes. The zonal system which worked perfectly for the past 2 seasons has not worked in europe for whatever reason, but would you change it? don't think i would the players normally are fine with it.

The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues

I know why they say it's harder to retain the title than win it.

Saying all that, the referees performance was one of the worst i've had the displeasure of seeing.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm --<br /><br />
greenfingers said:
Chippy_boy said:
bapi said:
Every game.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am --

Dude, you must have some serious problems.

I know exactly where he was coming from. Either:

(a) you were not watching the game, or (b) you are a rag... or I suppose (c) you are an idiot.

Last nights performance had plenty of pace, creativity and movement. Heck we scored 3 goals and would have scored 5 if the officials were not inept and/or bent. How many goals would you like us to score against national champions???

BUT yet again last night's performance did not have plenty of pace until the last 10 minutes.

Creativity - where and when ? Ajax were creative for long periods of the first half and the spell during the second half when we had run out of ideas after the opening 10 minutes.

Movement - you must be joking - we had no width again - we resorted to playing a long ball game in the second half.

It's no coincidence that our second goal came from a Hart long ball kick.

I am with Bapi on this one.

Take off your Blue coloured spectacles and don't let dodgy linesman's decisions delude you.

In Europe we are not good enough - we were far too slow for long periods of the game passing it around nicely in our own half.

To succeed in Europe you need to play 4-3-3 with wide players.

You need to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes ( we did it for the first 10 minutes of the second half).
AND you need to play with pace and drive from the midfield.

If there was any drive then please point it out to me as I missed it.

We are miles off being a good team - we are a collection of superstars who play for themselves and of course the money.

Bullshit mate, and don't start that shit about money.

I suppose Rooney, RVP etc.. are playing for free are they?

What last night proved we have the stomach for the fight but our overall quality just doesn't quite cut it yet.

Interesting thing with big decisions like those last night is that they stand out more than the smaller ones - but aren't necessarily any more important in reality. If I was an Ajax fan I'd be pointing out that, prior to the freekick leading to the penalty incident, they were denied a very clear free-kick for a poor challenge on De Jong.

It's one of the reasons I'm unsure on TV evidence being used in games - so many incidents you could argue could have changed things. Take another example, Ajax player went through 1 on 1 in the first half and was wrongly flagged offside. So difficult to judge what 'might' happen in football. Balotelli might have blasted the pen over the bar...

bapi said:
grim up north said:
bapi said:
That lack of pace, creativity, movement and pressing is just ridiculous. We can't play like this in the Champions League! Maybe 15, 20 years ago but when you see clubs like Barca, Dortmund, Real or Bayern... It's clear we have no chance against them.

which game were you watching

Every game.

waspish said:
bapi said:
That lack of pace, creativity, movement and pressing is just ridiculous. We can't play like this in the Champions League! Maybe 15, 20 years ago but when you see clubs like Barca, Dortmund, Real or Bayern... It's clear we have no chance against them.

We put 6 past your Lot though...

What about some positive comments When we do well? Can't find any of your posts! You find faults and criticise that's all..

waspish said:
bapi said:
grim up north said:
which game were you watching

Every game.

waspish said:
We put 6 past your Lot though...

What about some positive comments When we do well? Can't find any of your posts! You find faults and criticise that's all..

but i'm sure he is loyal and lenient vs his club...

Wasn't gutted by the result, in all honesty.

I'm still 'drinking in' being competitive in the Premier League, and the priority I place on that.

I find my Champions League experience a little cold, almost manufactured. I said to someone last night, and I don't mean to be flippant, but it has the coordination of a Nazi rally.

I'm more gutted and outspoken about our general malaise and standard of football, which, regardless of the competition, is just downright tedious.

As a layman, I can see how our play will expand when we are in possession, so it's hardly a surprise that the best teams, clubs and managers, can pick it apart.

We are only in the first week of November and have already kissed goodbye to 50 per cent of the trophies we were competing for.

Good Sign : Unbeaten in Prem and 3 clean sheets from last 5

Bad Sign : In what you could 'arguably' call the 'Big Games' (Liverpool Away, Arsenal Home, 4 x Champions League Games)...............No Wins

Next one of these...Spurs Home. Please break this sequence City.

If we were robbed then surely Nolan was robbed at the weekend? Conceding goals like we did is criminal, can't defend it and we can't defend set pieces. Taking Tevez off was a bad call too. The officials had a shocker, but so did we. Not good enough yet again!

inchy14 said:
Young said:
Fact is, a team at the top chasing for more honors shouldn't even lose players that are pivotal to the first team squad in the first place.

Chelsea's struggling. They lost Drogba and only have Torres to lead the line. They bought and improved, but still not enough.

Rags had new additions. Cleverly, RVP. But because of their shit defence they still have to scrap wins.

De jong wanted to leave for more game time, can't say i blame him, and Johnson ain't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland.

We've conceded soft goals that we weren't conceding last season and we're missing chances that we would have taken.

I feel the players are feeling the pressure in europe and to some extent in the prem. and this is resulting in silly mistakes. The zonal system which worked perfectly for the past 2 seasons has not worked in europe for whatever reason, but would you change it? don't think i would the players normally are fine with it.

The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues

Saying all that, the referees performance was one of the worst i've had the displeasure of seeing.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm --

greenfingers said:
Chippy_boy said:
I know exactly where he was coming from. Either:

(a) you were not watching the game, or (b) you are a rag... or I suppose (c) you are an idiot.

Last nights performance had plenty of pace, creativity and movement. Heck we scored 3 goals and would have scored 5 if the officials were not inept and/or bent. How many goals would you like us to score against national champions???

BUT yet again last night's performance did not have plenty of pace until the last 10 minutes.

Creativity - where and when ? Ajax were creative for long periods of the first half and the spell during the second half when we had run out of ideas after the opening 10 minutes.

Movement - you must be joking - we had no width again - we resorted to playing a long ball game in the second half.

Take off your Blue coloured spectacles and don't let dodgy linesman's decisions delude you.

In Europe we are not good enough - we were far too slow for long periods of the game passing it around nicely in our own half.

You need to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes ( we did it for the first 10 minutes of the second half).

We are miles off being a good team - we are a collection of superstars who play for themselves and of course the money.

Of course they are not playing for free - but they have a hunger or shall I say a desire to win every tackle / game.

In our team last night I think we had only half the players who showed that desire and that is regardless of tactics.

"The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues"

I totally agree with you on that point.

greenfingers said:
inchy14 said:
Young said:

Saying all that, the referees performance was one of the worst i've had the displeasure of seeing.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm --

greenfingers said:

Of course they are not playing for free - but they have a hunger or shall I say a desire to win every tackle / game.

In our team last night I think we had only half the players who showed that desire and that is regardless of tactics.

"The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues"

I totally agree with you on that point.

who exactly had no desire??? and why

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.