City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

Stoned Rose said:
taconinja said:
remoh said:
Why?
For every goal that we'd concede, he'd make us three. Quality forwards like ours would think that they'd died and gone to heaven with the chances he'd provide and they would be clear chances, not snatched half-chances from the middle of a crowd of defenders.

We would do o.k. with just one DM as long as our defence was properly organised and coached.
You do get that De Rossi is a DM, yes? He also happens to be an excellent passer. So your solution is to install Stephen Ireland as our DM?

Stephen Ireland would do this?

For every goal that we'd concede, he'd make us three

Are you Marlon Dingle?

Did you ever see him play?
Or are you one of the newer lads.

We should have never started with three DM's. 1st half we were way to deep and couldn't press them high enough up the pitch. Start with Barry as only DM have Yaya moving in between the front and back and have Tevez as attacking midfielder (like Swansea) and start Balo/Dzeko

Would have stopped them getting hold of the ball.

remoh said:
Stoned Rose said:
taconinja said:
You do get that De Rossi is a DM, yes? He also happens to be an excellent passer. So your solution is to install Stephen Ireland as our DM?

Are you Marlon Dingle?

I saw him play. I did appreciate his one-half very good season when Robinho allowed him to play with almost no one defending him and then he was found out.

my pics and comments on the game against Ajax are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citnov12.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citnov12.htm</a>

taconinja said:
remoh said:
Stoned Rose said:

Are you Marlon Dingle?

I saw him play. I did appreciate his one-half very good season when Robinho allowed him to play with almost no one defending him and then he was found out.

He carried Robinho and did really well to win Player of the Year when all he gave us was 'one-half very good season'

He's won player of the year again since then by the way and he's not even peaked yet.

What I think this match proved is that without Silva we don't create enough chances for our strikers, moreover that Nasri really isn't up to the task of creating those chances himself (so many times that match he was slow, he would make a little circle with the ball and do a pretty easy pass). We need another Silva, or wingers to create chances in a different way but we didn't really get them in the transfer window, hense the 3-5-2 we've been seeing.

There are some things to take as positives though, Kolarov is continuing his great form even from the bench and Nasty looks a very decent player and did some good passes from the back. Also we pressed hard the second we lost the ball, again our only problem is that we lacked someone to create.

Can anyone explain the space opposing teams are being given to run at our defenders and freely shoot from long range if they choose? Virtually every defence we come up against doesn't allow this and it usually requires hard work from our players to give us a shooting opportunity from outside the box. I forget who it was who shot for Ajax and forced a good save out of Joe but he was basically invited to do that and was given acres of space. If this is a tactical decision it is a bad one.

tonea2003 said:
greenfingers said:
inchy14 said:
De jong wanted to leave for more game time, can't say i blame him, and Johnson ain't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland.

We've conceded soft goals that we weren't conceding last season and we're missing chances that we would have taken.

I feel the players are feeling the pressure in europe and to some extent in the prem. and this is resulting in silly mistakes. The zonal system which worked perfectly for the past 2 seasons has not worked in europe for whatever reason, but would you change it? don't think i would the players normally are fine with it.

The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues

I know why they say it's harder to retain the title than win it.

Saying all that, the referees performance was one of the worst i've had the displeasure of seeing.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm --

Bullshit mate, and don't start that shit about money.

I suppose Rooney, RVP etc.. are playing for free are they?

Of course they are not playing for free - but they have a hunger or shall I say a desire to win every tackle / game.

In our team last night I think we had only half the players who showed that desire and that is regardless of tactics.

"The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues"

I totally agree with you on that point.

who exactly had no desire??? and why

In my opinion in answer to your question -

Clichy - where were the overlaps / crunching tackles ?

Nastasic - looked like a rabbit caught in headlights - out of his depth

Nasri - what role was he playing ? kept drifting inside and leaving space

Garcia - see Nastasic

Yaya - yes I know he always looks like he is not interested BUT he left De Jonk TWICE when they scored

Tevez - didn't look interested

As for why they didn't show the desire required at this level I think you have to look at the Manager and his tactics/motivational skills.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:00 pm --<br /><br />
inchy14 said:
Young said:
Fact is, a team at the top chasing for more honors shouldn't even lose players that are pivotal to the first team squad in the first place.

Eg. Nigel. Our only legit and true midfield enforcer.
Eg. Adam Johnson. Our only legit winger.

Chelsea's struggling. They lost Drogba and only have Torres to lead the line. They bought and improved, but still not enough.

Arsenal. Needless to say. Lost RVP, lost Song. Bought unreliable talents.

Rags had new additions. Cleverly, RVP. But because of their shit defence they still have to scrap wins.

De jong wanted to leave for more game time, can't say i blame him, and Johnson ain't exactly ripping up trees at Sunderland.

We've conceded soft goals that we weren't conceding last season and we're missing chances that we would have taken.

I feel the players are feeling the pressure in europe and to some extent in the prem. and this is resulting in silly mistakes. The zonal system which worked perfectly for the past 2 seasons has not worked in europe for whatever reason, but would you change it? don't think i would the players normally are fine with it.

The games in the champions league are showing that the prem is not as good as we'd all like to believe, yes it's exciting but technically it's still light years behind the Spanish, German etc.. leagues

I know why they say it's harder to retain the title than win it.

Saying all that, the referees performance was one of the worst i've had the displeasure of seeing.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:32 pm --

greenfingers said:
Chippy_boy said:
I know exactly where he was coming from. Either:

(a) you were not watching the game, or (b) you are a rag... or I suppose (c) you are an idiot.

Last nights performance had plenty of pace, creativity and movement. Heck we scored 3 goals and would have scored 5 if the officials were not inept and/or bent. How many goals would you like us to score against national champions???

BUT yet again last night's performance did not have plenty of pace until the last 10 minutes.

Creativity - where and when ? Ajax were creative for long periods of the first half and the spell during the second half when we had run out of ideas after the opening 10 minutes.

Movement - you must be joking - we had no width again - we resorted to playing a long ball game in the second half.

It's no coincidence that our second goal came from a Hart long ball kick.

I am with Bapi on this one.

Take off your Blue coloured spectacles and don't let dodgy linesman's decisions delude you.

In Europe we are not good enough - we were far too slow for long periods of the game passing it around nicely in our own half.

To succeed in Europe you need to play 4-3-3 with wide players.

You need to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes ( we did it for the first 10 minutes of the second half).
AND you need to play with pace and drive from the midfield.

If there was any drive then please point it out to me as I missed it.

We are miles off being a good team - we are a collection of superstars who play for themselves and of course the money.

Bullshit mate, and don't start that shit about money.

I suppose Rooney, RVP etc.. are playing for free are they?

I am interested to know which part of my post match analysis is "Bullshit" and I will ask again please point out to me where was the drive ?

remoh said:
taconinja said:
remoh said:

He carried Robinho and did really well to win Player of the Year when all he gave us was 'one-half very good season'

He's won player of the year again since then by the way and he's not even peaked yet.
Don't care about player of the year. And he carried Robinho? Is that why all the top clubs in the world are knocking down his current club's door? He's still playing Invisible Man at Aston Villa isn't he?

Danish official Rasmussen claims it is the first time he has been involved in such an incident and he conceded it is not nice being criticised.

"It's the first time I have experienced such a chaotic end of a match," Rasmussen told Sporten.dk.

"It's never nice (with criticism), but that can happen when a match progress like it did."

Well boo-fookin'-hoo, he doesn't like being criticised when he just killed our chance of progressing with one farcical decision, and has turned potentially the best European night in club history into a glamour friendly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.