City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

taconinja said:
remoh said:
taconinja said:
I saw him play. I did appreciate his one-half very good season when Robinho allowed him to play with almost no one defending him and then he was found out.

He carried Robinho and did really well to win Player of the Year when all he gave us was 'one-half very good season'

He's won player of the year again since then by the way and he's not even peaked yet.
Don't care about player of the year. And he carried Robinho? Is that why all the top clubs in the world are knocking down his current club's door? He's still playing Invisible Man at Aston Villa isn't he?

So player of the year (twice) means he's a poor player, does it?

Strange reasoning!
At the moment he's carrying a poor Villa side and I doubt if the scouts are flocking to Villa considering their position in the league, but he has time on his side - and talent.
For some Blues, if Mancini doesn't fancy a player, then that player has to be useless, no matter how good they prove to be. That seems to be your category.

remoh said:
taconinja said:
remoh said:
He carried Robinho and did really well to win Player of the Year when all he gave us was 'one-half very good season'

He's won player of the year again since then by the way and he's not even peaked yet.
Don't care about player of the year. And he carried Robinho? Is that why all the top clubs in the world are knocking down his current club's door? He's still playing Invisible Man at Aston Villa isn't he?

So player of the year (twice) means he's a poor player, does it?

Strange reasoning!
At the moment he's carrying a poor Villa side and I doubt if the scouts are flocking to Villa considering their position in the league, but he has time on his side - and talent.
For some Blues, if Mancini doesn't fancy a player, then that player has to be useless, no matter how good they prove to be. That seems to be your category.
No, it's how he conducted himself in the end that matters to me.

What perhaps was most worrying about last night's display is just how little some players seemed to be willing to give. Nasri, Yaya are midfielders, yet when we lost the ball made very little attempt to get back and cover behind it. I know it's just one game and going out of Europe isn't the end of the world, but this is a seriously worrying aspect that any fan must struggle to get their head round, when players are not willing to put a shift in.

I know we're not hot now and we will improve, and that last night we would have won had it not been for some appalling refereeing, but when players do not seem willing to play for the team, and how we almost seem to believe we will walk through teams at times.

Apologies for the very late rant, and I'll probably get slated for this post, but just my view of last night.

Balti said:
well if we have to 'resort' to hitting long balls then I'm happy for us to 'resort' to it more often

with our forwards, the long ball game should be used more often.

Why is it left to the last couple of minutes when it is obviously considered to be the most direct route to goal.

And that ref is a twat.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 am --<br /><br />
jay-lofty said:
What perhaps was most worrying about last night's display is just how little some players seemed to be willing to give. Nasri, Yaya are midfielders, yet when we lost the ball made very little attempt to get back and cover behind it. I know it's just one game and going out of Europe isn't the end of the world, but this is a seriously worrying aspect that any fan must struggle to get their head round, when players are not willing to put a shift in.

I know we're not hot now and we will improve, and that last night we would have won had it not been for some appalling refereeing, but when players do not seem willing to play for the team, and how we almost seem to believe we will walk through teams at times.

Apologies for the very late rant, and I'll probably get slated for this post, but just my view of last night.

I thought Nasri worked as hard as anybody. I'm struggling to think of one player who didn't put a shift in. Last ten minutes Clichy could have seemed to be not trying but he was fucked.

I was busy yesterday for the election so I just got to see the match. Shocking decisions but City shouldn't be conceding like that against an inferior team.

buckshot said:
I was busy yesterday for the election so I just got to see the match. Shocking decisions but City shouldn't be conceding like that against an inferior team.

'Busy with the election'??????

You wanna get your priorities in order old bean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.