City Vs AjaxPost Game Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Danish official Rasmussen claims it is the first time he has been involved in such an incident and he conceded it is not nice being criticised.

"It's the first time I have experienced such a chaotic end of a match," Rasmussen told Sporten.dk.

"It's never nice (with criticism), but that can happen when a match progress like it did."

Well boo-fookin'-hoo, he doesn't like being criticised when he just killed our chance of progressing with one farcical decision, and has turned potentially the best European night in club history into a glamour friendly.
No kidding. My advice to him would be to not drop a load in his shorts next time he's in the spotlight.

taconinja said:
LoveCity said:
Danish official Rasmussen claims it is the first time he has been involved in such an incident and he conceded it is not nice being criticised.

"It's the first time I have experienced such a chaotic end of a match," Rasmussen told Sporten.dk.

"It's never nice (with criticism), but that can happen when a match progress like it did."

Well boo-fookin'-hoo, he doesn't like being criticised when he just killed our chance of progressing with one farcical decision, and has turned potentially the best European night in club history into a glamour friendly.
No kidding. My advice to him would be to not drop a load in his shorts next time he's in the spotlight.

Generally referees are considered to have bottled it when they favour the home team or the "bigger" team. He did neither last night so I don't think the spotlight bothered him that much!

greenfingers said:
Chippy_boy said:
Last nights performance had plenty of pace, creativity and movement. Heck we scored 3 goals and would have scored 5 if the officials were not inept and/or bent. How many goals would you like us to score against national champions???

BUT yet again last night's performance did not have plenty of pace until the last 10 minutes.

Creativity - where and when ? Ajax were creative for long periods of the first half and the spell during the second half when we had run out of ideas after the opening 10 minutes.

Movement - you must be joking - we had no width again - we resorted to playing a long ball game in the second half.

It's no coincidence that our second goal came from a Hart long ball kick.

I am with Bapi on this one.

Take off your Blue coloured spectacles and don't let dodgy linesman's decisions delude you.

In Europe we are not good enough - we were far too slow for long periods of the game passing it around nicely in our own half.

To succeed in Europe you need to play 4-3-3 with wide players.

You need to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes ( we did it for the first 10 minutes of the second half).
AND you need to play with pace and drive from the midfield.

If there was any drive then please point it out to me as I missed it.

We are miles off being a good team - we are a collection of superstars who play for themselves and of course the money.

Well Ajax must be really dreadful then. Because we scored 3 times and should have had 2 penalties. If we can do that with no creativity, pace, movement or whatever, they must be truly awful.

If we were a good side we should have won 10 nil.

well if we have to 'resort' to hitting long balls then I'm happy for us to 'resort' to it more often

Balti said:
well if we have to 'resort' to hitting long balls then I'm happy for us to 'resort' to it more often
That's a waste of time against good teams

Chippy_boy said:
greenfingers said:
Chippy_boy said:
Last nights performance had plenty of pace, creativity and movement. Heck we scored 3 goals and would have scored 5 if the officials were not inept and/or bent. How many goals would you like us to score against national champions???

BUT yet again last night's performance did not have plenty of pace until the last 10 minutes.

Creativity - where and when ? Ajax were creative for long periods of the first half and the spell during the second half when we had run out of ideas after the opening 10 minutes.

Movement - you must be joking - we had no width again - we resorted to playing a long ball game in the second half.

It's no coincidence that our second goal came from a Hart long ball kick.

I am with Bapi on this one.

Take off your Blue coloured spectacles and don't let dodgy linesman's decisions delude you.

In Europe we are not good enough - we were far too slow for long periods of the game passing it around nicely in our own half.

To succeed in Europe you need to play 4-3-3 with wide players.

You need to play a high pressing game for 90 minutes ( we did it for the first 10 minutes of the second half).
AND you need to play with pace and drive from the midfield.

If there was any drive then please point it out to me as I missed it.

We are miles off being a good team - we are a collection of superstars who play for themselves and of course the money.

Well Ajax must be really dreadful then. Because we scored 3 times and should have had 2 penalties. If we can do that with no creativity, pace, movement or whatever, they must be truly awful.

If we were a good side we should have won 10 nil.

Look at the big picture - Ajax will not be in the last 4 of the CL.

If we were a good side we would have beaten a very young inexperienced Ajax side easily.

Blue Tooth said:
Lancet Fluke said:
cyprustavern said:
point being if your team makes a mistake thats your own fault ..if an official makes one then its beyond your control hence not your fault.

notice i said `officials shouldnt` not that `officials are robots and dont`

to clarify we lost not because of our mistakes but because of officials errors other wise we would of won 3-2

But officials "shouldn't make mistakes" is entirely irrelevant because unfortunately we are dealing in reality and officials DO make mistakes. It is just as relevant to say "defenders shouldn't make mistakes." Nobody should make mistakes but everyone does. So what's your point and how does it prove that our failure to win was not in any way due to our mistakes? Why is a ref's mistake more important to you than a defender's mistake. Personally I think our failure to win was a combination of the two but the very fact that we can do something about our defensive errors but cannot do anything about refereeing errors makes the defensive errors more of an issue imo.

-- Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 am --

cyprustavern said:
explain it to that lancet fella will ya cos he thinks im bizarre now

Well I just hope Mancini and the players aren't like you two. Our team made a bit of a tits of it tonight and if they go in to training and convince themselves that they only failed to win because of the officials then they will end up learning fuck all from this hideously poor CL campaign.

But...having made the errors the only way back was to score 3 legitimate goals...which we did....except we didn't because of the officials...I agree slack defending needs looking at but in the context of a live game that kind of thinking is redundant...you are two goals down...had we got what was fair we'd have won...simples.

When did we score the 3rd legitimate goal?

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
LoveCity said:

Generally referees are considered to have bottled it when they favour the home team or the "bigger" team. He did neither last night so I don't think the spotlight bothered him that much!
Generally I consider bottling it as you put it to be performances exhibiting gross incompetence.

Our passing last night was way off the quality required for the Champions League, we were either rushed into a quick pass or took too much time on the ball.

Ajax looked like a team who knew where each player was meant to be and their passes mostly found the target.

I also hope we get back to training in football and not basketball as zonal marking just does not work.

For once we looked better when Mario came on and we took a quicker outlook on attack.

I thought we played pretty well overall last night. We started at a good tempo (far better than in recent weeks) and were all over them for the first 10 mins or so, couple of half chances and a pretty clear penalty turned down. If we'd gone 1-0 up at that point, it would have put a whole new outlook on the match.

Shit defending for the two goals - though the first was a bit unfortunate the way it ran directly to De Jong in that position, and the second, as poor as it was from our point of view, was a great cross, great run, great header. We looked pretty shell-shocked after that for a while, they were confident and had more of the ball, towards the end of the half we came back into it. Second half we upped the tempo and were all over them again. Still not creating enough chances (Silva is just irreplacable, unfortunately), but had our fair share, could have had more if Aguero hadn't twice slipped, had a goal dubiously disallowed and then a second obvious penalty turned down.

We weren't great by any stretch, but it was a decent performance. Just hope that we take it forward now into the next two matches and really tear into both - its a great chance for us to really get the season up and running. And if/when we do, it won't be long before we're back on top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.