City Vs Arsenal Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hungarian blue said:
Sinclair kinda surprises me, otherwise ok. Edin deserves a chance, I'm surprised Tevey isn't in the starting lineup though.

Sinclair should give Jenkinson a new ringpiece today. Dzeko will benefit from Sinclair being on the same pitch.

Happy with the lineup - though Tevez for Sinclair would be our currently strongest side...

Dzeko definitely deserved a start.

simonmdm said:
sam-caddick said:
Tevez out, Sinclair in?? Seriously why?

Yaya clearly showed against Madrid that playing further up is his best position, what is the point in waitin until 70 mins to change it around, do it from the start!

It is a good team we have put out but not entirely happy.

Jenkinson is probably Arsenal's weak link when it comes to there defense. Add that to Mertesacker who isn't very fast and usually plays on a right centre back and Carzorla isn't exactly a defending winger, it makes Sinclair's selection a good decision. Plus i'd say it was Sinclair in for Nasri, not Tevez.

And I agree with your point about Yaya being a better attacking midfielder but when you have Dzeko in great form, Aguero fit and ready to play, Sinclair on the wing for the reason above and Silva (who hasn't been great so far this season but can produce something special in a second) it's hard to have Toure as an attacking midfielder. And he's a player that you would rather have on the pitch than on the bench surely?
they will play with ramsey on the right wing and cazorla in the middle. Its clear they want to stop our left side attack. Ramsey will come inside as well meaning the central of the pitch will be crowded and thats where the game will be won

Good line up. Reckon Maicon would have started if he had been fit, but slightly surprised Nastasic not starting. Guess he will play on Tuesday.

I am torn.

On the one hand I am glad to see Dzeko get a start as he has been playing very well and bagging goals.

On the other, I don't know if this is the game to rest Tevez.

And on my third hand, I think that surgery in Lithuania was well worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.