City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This should be a good game to watch, both teams play good attacking football with good passing, we need play with the freedom of a team who don't have to win just to stay in the title race, if we play like we need to win then that itself could effect the way we go about the game, Arsenal are top dogs just now and will be confident that they can do it, we will have to show them just what City can do, i am expecting a good open attacking game and Arsenal not being good enough on the day to stop us from winning.

Pokes28 said:
I really hope Hart gets a chance to be back in goal. He's just the better keeper in my opinion.
What's he done to deserve such a recall? And what message will that send to Pantillimon? 'We'll play you against the lesser teams, but recall Joe against the top sides in the league'? Pellergrini would rightly be lambasted if he made that decision. Pantillimon has done nothing to lose his spot. Hart has been dropped for a reason.

Dax777 said:
gmckennasell said:
keemcfc said:
Can't wait to see a goalscoring Silva play with a rejuvenated Nasri, who'll be even more up for it seeing as its v Arsenal. I'd go:

_______________Pantilimon

Zabaleta__Demichelis__Kompany__Clichy

___________Yaya_____Fernandinho

_____Silva____________________Nasri
________________Aguero
________________Negredo

i think it would harsh to drop milner after his bayern performance , i would put merlin on the bench and if its a tight game bring him on for the last 30 minutes , always nice to have a game changer on the bench
and you don't think it will be harsh yo drop Silva after his performance?

Nice Game by Milner vs Bayern. But I am sorry if Silva is fully fit and ready, then it would be asinine to start Milner over Silva. They simply are not in the same class!

Got to agree with this if Silva is fit he as to start, don't really care how unfair it is on Milner we need to win.

I'd go with 5 in the middle to combat theirs;

-------------Panti----------------
Zaba---Kompany---Dem-------Kolarov
-------Fern--------Yaya-----------
Milner---------Silva-------------Nasri
--------------Aguero---------------

Pigeonho said:
Pokes28 said:
I really hope Hart gets a chance to be back in goal. He's just the better keeper in my opinion.
What's he done to deserve such a recall? And what message will that send to Pantillimon? 'We'll play you against the lesser teams, but recall Joe against the top sides in the league'? Pellergrini would rightly be lambasted if he made that decision. Pantillimon has done nothing to lose his spot. Hart has been dropped for a reason.
The reasoning was there in the original post. He's a better keeper, and now is an opportunity to bring him back. Managers make judgements bout who to play in the 1st team all the time, why should the goalkeeping position be any different?

Be interesting to see whether Nasri keeps his form.

I've been a critic of his for a while but his recent form has been very good and I've had to eat my words.

He's had a habit of not showing up against the Gooners though in the past - probably guilty conscience about leaving them and his great mentor for glory and money.

We'll see.

Marvin said:
Pigeonho said:
Pokes28 said:
The reasoning was there in the original post. He's a better keeper, and now is an opportunity to bring him back. Managers make judgements bout who to play in the 1st team all the time, why should the goalkeeping position be any different?
Oh I don't know, because it's a unique position maybe? It's Pantillimon's spot to lose right now, and he's done nothing to lose it. Hart can't play his way into the team, he has to wait for Pantillimon to make the mistakes that open that spot for him to take. Simple.

TheMaineRoad said:
I'd go with 5 in the middle to combat theirs;

-------------Panti----------------
Zaba---Kompany---Dem-------Kolarov
-------Fern--------Yaya-----------
Milner---------Silva-------------Nasri
--------------Aguero---------------

I'd go for this too. No reason for Pants to lose his place until he does something to lose it. Joe will get plenty of work elsewhere and he gets bloody good money for doing it (it's not exactly demeaning to play against the likes of Bayern, is it? And, by the way, I think our long-term keeper is Joe, in fact there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind about that). The back line as good as it can be at this point, although we still keep shipping goals, whoever's in nets, and whoever's in that back line. I'd possibly put Joleon in for Demichelis, but neither of them are totally reliable on this season's form. Still got to be sorted, and get back to that mean machine of the previous two seasons. Not pouring cold water on the euphoria of the win in Munich, but those were two poor goals to concede, by any standards. Now for the best: the midfield looks rightly terrifying, when you take those five men together, and the way they're playing at present. It is, hands down, the best midfield in the country. Yes, Aguero up front: feed him (and he should be getting plenty of food) and he will score. Negredo and Dzeko on the bench, Rodwell too, to shore up the midfield if anyone gets tired there (Silva? Yaya?). Not exactly a bad line up, is it?

Marvin said:
Pigeonho said:
Pokes28 said:

Pantilimon's been dodgy last couple of games.

Coming out then going back when should have collected cross v Southampton.

Beaten at narrow angle against Sunderland.

Poor kicking.

Booked for time wasting at 3-0.

6one said:
Marvin said:
Pigeonho said:

Pantilimon's been dodgy last couple of games.

Coming out then going back when should have collected cross v Southampton.

Beaten at narrow angle against Sunderland.

Poor kicking.

Booked for time wasting at 3-0.
Take the last one away and you've just described Joe Hart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.