City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piegilles said:
aguero93:20 said:
Piegilles said:
I know what holistic means but holisticised is no past participle I know of.

As to Saturday, I've already conceded in an earlier post that we are unlikely to get anything Saturday.

But you build ourselves up and belittle us as much as you like - so much further to fall.
it means we hammer every over rated team that come to our place, talk 2.30 Saturday if you've the balls to come back

If I had taken a bullish line about our prospects Saturday then you might be justified in spouting yah boo sucks nonsense like that above. However, as I've stated in earlier posts, I think we have very little chance of any kind of result against you Saturday. So, who are you arguing against? It ain't me.

As to 2.30 Saturday, as I I'll be in the away end at the Etihad ( having paid £58 for a ticket in the south stand level 2, entrance L, if you must know) you might forgive me if I'm not around until a day or so afterwards.
The idea that the team atop the league table doesn't have a chance is silly. Anything can happen in any 90 minute game. Arsenal currently has a team as good as any in the league. You are what your record says you are. And Arsenal record says they are currently the best team in the league. And nothing in the last month (I.e current form) suggests they are not the team the 'record' says they are. Sure, City has a great home record at home, but we lost here to Bayern, so it is not beyond reasonable belief that City could lose at home.

So let's dispense with the false modesty. If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd want a win to prove my team is legitimately the best in the league, and not some chance table leader. And such expectation is not unreasonable. Nor is it unreasonable for a City fan to expect a win, considering how good we've been at home, and our hopes of closing the gap. There is no better way of closing the gap on a table leader than beating them in a game.

That said, no result is beyond likely. I think the most unlikely result is Arsenal winning big (I,e your 3-0 win here a few years ago). However, a slim Arsenal win, a slim City win, a draw, and a big City win are all equally likely.

Here is to hoping a big win for City is the eventual outcome. But that is simply my wish. It is no more likely than a tie, or a slim loss.

gmckennasell said:
keemcfc said:
Can't wait to see a goalscoring Silva play with a rejuvenated Nasri, who'll be even more up for it seeing as its v Arsenal. I'd go:

_______________Pantilimon

Zabaleta__Demichelis__Kompany__Clichy

___________Yaya_____Fernandinho

_____Silva____________________Nasri
________________Aguero
________________Negredo

i think it would harsh to drop milner after his bayern performance , i would put merlin on the bench and if its a tight game bring him on for the last 30 minutes , always nice to have a game changer on the bench
and you don't think it will be harsh yo drop Silva after his performance?

Nice Game by Milner vs Bayern. But I am sorry if Silva is fully fit and ready, then it would be asinine to start Milner over Silva. They simply are not in the same class!

Dax777 said:
gmckennasell said:
keemcfc said:
Can't wait to see a goalscoring Silva play with a rejuvenated Nasri, who'll be even more up for it seeing as its v Arsenal. I'd go:

_______________Pantilimon

Zabaleta__Demichelis__Kompany__Clichy

___________Yaya_____Fernandinho

_____Silva____________________Nasri
________________Aguero
________________Negredo

i think it would harsh to drop milner after his bayern performance , i would put merlin on the bench and if its a tight game bring him on for the last 30 minutes , always nice to have a game changer on the bench

Nice Game by Milner vs Bayern. But I am sorry if Silva is fully fit and ready, then it would be asinine to start Milner over Silva. They simply are not in the same class!

Gotta agree 10000000% with this Silva above Milner always.

citytill1die84 said:
Dax777 said:
gmckennasell said:

Gotta agree 10000000% with this Silva above Milner always.
Plus, I know it's Jimmy but he's bound to be fucking punctured

Dax777 said:
Piegilles said:
aguero93:20 said:
it means we hammer every over rated team that come to our place, talk 2.30 Saturday if you've the balls to come back

If I had taken a bullish line about our prospects Saturday then you might be justified in spouting yah boo sucks nonsense like that above. However, as I've stated in earlier posts, I think we have very little chance of any kind of result against you Saturday. So, who are you arguing against? It ain't me.

As to 2.30 Saturday, as I I'll be in the away end at the Etihad ( having paid £58 for a ticket in the south stand level 2, entrance L, if you must know) you might forgive me if I'm not around until a day or so afterwards.
The idea that the team atop the league table doesn't have a chance is silly. Anything can happen in any 90 minute game. Arsenal currently has a team as good as any in the league. You are what your record says you are. And Arsenal record says they are currently the best team in the league. And nothing in the last month (I.e current form) suggests they are not the team the 'record' says they are. Sure, City has a great home record at home, but we lost here to Bayern, so it is not beyond reasonable belief that City could lose at home.

So let's dispense with the false modesty. If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd want a win to prove my team is legitimately the best in the league, and not some chance table leader. And such expectation is not unreasonable. Nor is it unreasonable for a City fan to expect a win, considering how good we've been at home, and our hopes of closing the gap. There is no better way of closing the gap on a table leader than beating them in a game.

That said, no result is beyond likely. I think the most unlikely result is Arsenal winning big (I,e your 3-0 win here a few years ago). However, a slim Arsenal win, a slim City win, a draw, and a big City win are all equally likely.

Here is to hoping a big win for City is the eventual outcome. But that is simply my wish. It is no more likely than a tie, or a slim loss.

We'll have none of that common sense approach to City games against Arsenal on here Dax.
I want baseless promises of a 5-0 victory to pander to my fragile sensibilities and vision through my blue tinted glasses.
Failing that I'll wear my lucky 3-0 pants!

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Dax777 said:
Piegilles said:

We'll have none of that common sense approach to City games against Arsenal on here Dax.
I want baseless promises of a 5-0 victory to pander to my fragile sensibilities and vision through my blue tinted glasses.
Lol.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 pm --<br /><br />
Pokes28 said:
I really hope Hart gets a chance to be back in goal. He's just the better keeper in my opinion.
And here is to hoping you are wrong. As for Hart being the better keeper; historically, Yes! On current form, absolutely not!

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Dax777 said:
Piegilles said:

Where is the common sense? All he has done is cover all his bases we may win lose or draw, it's not exactly a prediction is it?

I would like to refer you to every home pre match thread (especially for the bigger clubs) and in every one people have posted the same sort of thing against Spuds in particular and they had the stats to prove it, the meanest defence etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.