City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arsenal game

Thenumber1blue said:
ianw16 said:
I'm not so confident. I think back to that first half against Swansea. If they had had a Giroud (or Michu), or an Ozil in their team, we could well have come in 1 or 2 down. We can't afford for them to dominate possession the way Swansea did. Let's hope Yaya is having one of his 'can be arsed' days, and that we play Lescott instead of Demichelis. Nervy 2-1 to us, being optimistic.
Maybe so but we also could've had 8 that day !
Lest we forget our first half performance v Hull, should've been 2 down at the half.

That said I think we are improving an play better against stronger opposition, City by a two goal margin, any one of 2-0, 3-1, or 4-2!

I've been thinking about this one...

We are shit without possession and they are very good at keeping the ball. We need to do what teams do to us and press high up the pitch, which we haven't been doing lately. They will certainly test our defensive frailties, and I don't think their back 4 will have had a bigger test all season.

I think if we can isolate Toure on Arteta - with Wilshere and Ramsey pushed on then we will score a couple.

Definitely a game where we have to sacrifice a striker for a midfielder. Otherwise we won't even see the ball.

This won't happen pellets will play two up top he seems stubborn or arrogant as he does not take the opposition into consideration in his team selection

Wrighty Wrexham said:
This won't happen pellets will play two up top he seems stubborn or arrogant as he does not take the opposition into consideration in his team selection

possession is the key to this one.. If we leave 2 against 3 in there we are fucked.

This game will actually be about our full backs.

I watched the arsenal v Everton game and Coleman and Oviedo were everton's danger men. They were over lapping like men possessed and getting behind arsenal frequently . With more cutting edge in the final third Everton would've been comfortable winners.

We need zab clichy/kolarov and navas to have absolute blinders down the wings.

Midfield wise arsenal didn't like barkley's strength drive and physicality. They shit themselves from him. We need fern and Yaya to be in similarly dominating form and give it them from the off.

This will allow silva and nasri to do what they do best and orchestrate our attacks.

If we do these things right we'll win.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:

possession is the key to this one.. If we leave 2 against 3 in there we are fucked.
We've won a lot of games very heavily at home without dominating possession. if you've got navas out wide, and two forward peeling away, what possession you have is more meaningful.

Before the Utd game I thought they'd play one up top, and pack the midfield and we'd get overwhelmed in midfield, and yet we battered them. We should be more confident by now in our own game. We don't have to match up with anyone.

Stoned Rose said:
This game will actually be about our full backs.

I watched the arsenal v Everton game and Coleman and Oviedo were everton's danger men. They were over lapping like men possessed and getting behind arsenal frequently . With more cutting edge in the final third Everton would've been comfortable winners.

We need zab clichy/kolarov and navas to have absolute blinders down the wings.

Midfield wise arsenal didn't like barkley's strength drive and physicality. They shit themselves from him. We need fern and Yaya to be in similarly dominating form and give it them from the off.

This will allow silva and nasri to do what they do best and orchestrate our attacks.

If we do these things right we'll win.

Full backs attacking are key to how we play, considering we don't have a left winger then Kolorov is our only viable attacking option down that side...

I think we need to get on the ball first to get it out wide, don't you agree? The reason Everton had that platform is because Barry and McCarthy plugged the gaps in front of the back 4. Tackled early, then shifted it wide to the Coleman and Oviedo.

We need to get Yaya into advanced positions. They have nobody capable of stopping him.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:43 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:

We've won a lot of games very heavily at home without dominating possession. if you've got navas out wide, and two forward peeling away, what possession you have is more meaningful.

Before the Utd game I thought they'd play one up top, and pack the midfield and we'd get overwhelmed in midfield, and yet we battered them. We should be more confident by now in our own game. We don't have to match up with anyone.

Against almost every other team in the Premier League I'd agree with you 100%. It is just that Arsenal are excellent with possession. If you starve them of it, they don't have any other weapon.

I think we will have too much for Arsenal but i do think it will be a tough tricky game. My fear is Arsenal getting space between our MF and def. If the likes of Ozil, Carzola find the spaces we have sometimes been leaving then they will cause us big problems. I expect that Yaya and Fern will have top games and we will have far too much going forward. Add to our side Silva as well if he is fit and i cant see them containing us. Absolutely no Garcia on sat under any circumstances.

Piegilles said:
Of course, one ray of hope will be if that catastrophe waiting to happen, Clichy plays at left back. He's bound to screw up at least once like he used to when with us. Thank God we now have Gibbo and Monreal.

Haha, it's funny because Clichy is twice the player of either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.