City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arsenal game

They really do pack the midfield but I think two things work in our favour - one, Mertesacker/Koscielny isn't the quickest pairing (opportunities for Aguero and Negredo in behind), and equally, without Walcott they are a bit one paced up front, pace having caused us a few issues in defence this year. Narrow win for me, but i expect them to carry on picking up wins away from home for the forseeable, so won't be drawn into thinking it's enough to put us in pole position.

Summerbuzz said:
They really do pack the midfield but I think two things work in our favour - one, Mertesacker/Koscielny isn't the quickest pairing (opportunities for Aguero and Negredo in behind), and equally, without Walcott they are a bit one paced up front, pace having caused us a few issues in defence this year. Narrow win for me, but i expect them to carry on picking up wins away from home for the forseeable, so won't be drawn into thinking it's enough to put us in pole position.

Isn't Walcott back from injury now?

Arsenal play possession football yes, but they do not normally get harrassed and hounded like they will by City. We keep possession well with a 4-4-2 but we also get straight at their defence which is how we will beat them. If we line up 4-5-1/4-3-3 we will keep the ball but the build up will be too slow. We would be better playing 4-4-2 letting them keep the ball if they want it and hitting them on the break and we will score. Then we can tighten things up later. It will be tough but we should stick to the 4-4-2 and look to win the game.

Summerbuzz said:

I can see them losing against Chelsea as well

Lancet Fluke said:
Summerbuzz said:

True, I'm banking on Wenger not playing him and GIroud together away from home, think he'll be a bit more cautious and stick with what has worked so far this year.

aguero93:20 said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
You probably thought this before Spurs too?

Spurs can't score worth a fuck. I said it in a subsequent post that Arsenal are the most dangerous team in the premiership outside ourselves when allowed to build possession.

Look at the Arsenal v Everton game. Evertons 3 effectively stopped Arsenal dominating possession for 40 minutes and Arsenal didn't have a shot on goal. Arsenal found away around it and absolutely bossed the game from there on in, looking like they could score with every attack.

If we put 3 in the centre we would contain them for more than 40 minutes.. we don't sacrifice width either, where we can hurt them.
pretty sure with both Silva and nasri available for this match we'll have one playing inside with yaya and dinho at all times, not too sure it'll look like as big a tactical switch as you're making out, or that we'll sacrifice one of the front 2 to do it.

I suspect that, assuming Silva is fit, both he and Nasri will play and Navas will be left out. They'll both be in narrow and Aguero and Negredo will play right up top - 4-2-2-2. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Summerbuzz said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Summerbuzz said:

True, I'm banking on Wenger not playing him and GIroud together away from home, think he'll be a bit more cautious and stick with what has worked so far this year.

You're probably right. He's bound to give Walcott the last 20 minutes or so, I reckon. I reckon Clichy can handle him though, if he gets the nod over Kolarov.

Piegilles said:
You cannot win the league playing 442

Rags have done it for, quite literally, years. Funnily enough it's exactly what huge swathes of this forum were crying out for when our style under Mancini deteriorated into slow central monotony.

"Just get two fast as fuck wingers and get them to smash it into the box, that's how you win this league".

Not an exact quote but you could probably attribute it to multiple users last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.