City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arsenal game

Still don't trust the OP......crafty fucker setting us up for a fall....

Esteban de la Sexface said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
This won't happen pellets will play two up top he seems stubborn or arrogant as he does not take the opposition into consideration in his team selection

possession is the key to this one.. If we leave 2 against 3 in there we are fucked.

You probably thought this before Spurs too?

Puppet Master Silva said:
Wrighty Wrexham said:
This won't happen pellets will play two up top he seems stubborn or arrogant as he does not take the opposition into consideration in his team selection

possession is the key to this one.. If we leave 2 against 3 in there we are fucked.

Spurs can't score worth a fuck. I said it in a subsequent post that Arsenal are the most dangerous team in the premiership outside ourselves when allowed to build possession.

Look at the Arsenal v Everton game. Evertons 3 effectively stopped Arsenal dominating possession for 40 minutes and Arsenal didn't have a shot on goal. Arsenal found away around it and absolutely bossed the game from there on in, looking like they could score with every attack.

If we put 3 in the centre we would contain them for more than 40 minutes.. we don't sacrifice width either, where we can hurt them.

Spurs can't score worth a fuck. I said it in a subsequent post that Arsenal are the most dangerous team in the premiership outside ourselves when allowed to build possession.

Look at the Arsenal v Everton game. Evertons 3 effectively stopped Arsenal dominating possession for 40 minutes and Arsenal didn't have a shot on goal. Arsenal found away around it and absolutely bossed the game from there on in, looking like they could score with every attack.

If we put 3 in the centre we would contain them for more than 40 minutes.. we don't sacrifice width either, where we can hurt them.
pretty sure with both Silva and nasri available for this match we'll have one playing inside with yaya and dinho at all times, not too sure it'll look like as big a tactical switch as you're making out, or that we'll sacrifice one of the front 2 to do it.

There was a lot of good possession football, particularly from Everton, but I don't remember either team mustering more than a handful of shots on target.

Marvin said:

There was a lot of good possession football, particularly from Everton, but I don't remember either team mustering more than a handful of shots on target.
yeh they had a little spell either side of half time where Howard made a couple of good one-on-one saves, then went very quiet bar the goal, if they looked like scoring every time they went forward, then they didn't go forward much.

We've always struggled against Arsenal. The title season match we won could have gone either way and was one of the most exciting matches I've seen in ages, even with only 1 goal scored, and we only managed a draw against them last season. They're perfectly set up to exploit our gung-ho tactics, have an excellent away record, and are more solid than they have been in years.

Worried, frankly! Could easily go either way. I'm not expecting a rags or spurs style bumming though.

I think that they will win. We struggle against teams with strong midfields. So, can our midfield of 4 control their midfield of Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere? I don't think so. We will lose by a minimum 2 goal margin.

shadowyu said:
I think that they will win. We struggle against teams with strong midfields. So, can our midfield of 4 control their midfield of Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere? I don't think so. We will lose by a minimum 2 goal margin.

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.