City Vs Arsenal Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Arsenal game

Lancet Fluke said:
adrianr said:
Piegilles said:
You cannot win the league playing 442

Rags have done it for, quite literally, years.

Aww, don't spoil his soundbite.

We also won it playing two strikers pretty much all season (admittedly not an orthodox, rag-style 4-4-2). In fact, has any team won the title playing 4-2-3-1??

Piegilles said:
You cannot win the league playing 442
Certainly at home you can't pigeon hole City into two banks of 4 with 2 up top.

Often we're on the counter-attack, and have 5 players racing at the opponents goal. I suspect it's the same with Arsenal and most progressive attacking teams. The forward players are all interchanging with the midfield and vice versa. But City do differ from Arsenal and Chelsea at the moment in that we are playing two out and out strikers.

We've lost points away from home, but you wont hear many City fans calling for a forward to be dropped, because nearly all the losses have been down to ridiculous defensive blunders, or poor attacking play eg Sunderland

matty barton said:
I'm amazed at the number of City fans predicting walk overs and high margin wins. I thought us Gooners were meant to be the arrogant ones.

For what it's worth I predict a narrow City win or a draw.

Not arrogant at all, City happen to be exceptional at home and will be away also once everything clicks. I personally don't think Arsenal are the great shakes everyone says and will be battling Everton & Liverpool for a top 4 place by the end of the season.

City 3-0 or maybe 3-1.

Arsenal have enough about them to get a result in both games. Just because they've got a tough gig in Napoli, it's no given that they'll roll over for us on Saturday.
That's exactly what they'd like us to think and an awful lot seem happy to do so.
F**k me, it never goes as simply as some folk are predicting on here.
We can beat them. We should beat them, even - but expect a bumpy ride. They're gonna raise themselves and make it as harder than any points we've earned this year. Be under no illusions.

City 2 Arsenal 1.... I hope.

We lose Saturday but I predict we take 9 points from these:

Man City v Arsenal
Fulham v Man City
Man City v Liverpool
Man City v Crystal Palace

I predict Arsenal take 6 points from the following:

Man City v Arsenal
Arsenal v Chelsea
West Ham v Arsenal
Newcastle v Arsenal

Five games unbeaten. Just beat the best team in the world. 3-1 City.

Reckon we're really going to signal our intent and coming of age this weekend.

3-0

(Aguero, Negredo, Nasri)

Line-up

Pantilimon
Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic(? - if not Demichelis)
Clichy
Fernandinho
Y Toure
Nasri
Silva
Aguero
Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.