City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Horribly unlucky. Nothing like we deserved. Even with 10 we created more, and far better, chances.

A lot of the stick Demichelis is getting is unfair - always liable to get caught out if you give the ball away as cheaply as Navas did with us moving forward. Might have been a foul, they'd have probably got one, but still poor. Once in the position he was in, Demichelis had to make the challenge. Prior to that, I thought he was very good - I'm a big Lescott fan, but he looked awkward as fuck when he came on.

Despite the disappointment of the result, I thought it was a really impressive performance. Tactically good, real desire, genuine bravery to get on the ball and play. Obviously tough now, but it ain't over - imagine we'll set up fairly similarly, and we can definitely hurt them at the back.

And David Silva is fucking awesome.

Robbie Savage, BBC Radio 5 live at Etihad StadiumManchester City 0-2 Barcelona

"If Manchester City win the tie in the Nou Camp, I will stop working."

Come on City! do it just to shut this fool up.

Hey, lets give the boys some credit. They played an out and out great game against one of the best sides in Europe.
Yes. Some of the calls didn't go our way. But that's football.

I thought we were fantastic, had more and better chances overall then they did. Silva was the best player on the pitch. MDM actually played very well until he got sent off for a stupid challenge, lescott looked alot more uncertain with the fast movement of Barcelona. Hopefully Aguero will be starting against them next game!

Gelsons Dad said:
MSP said:
Demichelis had great game before red card.

Not only that but Vinny played Messi on leaving MDM not chance. He could let Messi go or bring him down outside the box. He brought him down outside the box but the ref gave the pen.

Agreed.

dctid said:
@BluePhil8 said:
For too long we have suffered because of the left side of our defence.

Demichellis - Shit. Should never play for us again. He seriously doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. He makes Balotelli look like a Mensa student. Thanks a lot you fucking ponytailed wanker, you have fucked every one at the club over tonight.

Lescott - Not shit, but slow and shit at passing.

Clichy - Hahaha fucking ha. If I ever have to read about how he is world class and Kolarov is shit on this forum again I will ejaculate in to my own mouth and smear shit in my eyes. Fucking shit. He is utter wank. Kolarov was ten times the player he was tonight. Why Pelle took Kolarov off is one of the great mysteries of our time.

Please please please buy Shaw and Mangala for £35,000,000 each in the summer.

On the bright side, we just out played Barcelona and they only won because that wank eating cum bucket of a referee gave a penalty instead of a free kick.

Looking forward to the media wanking their little cotton socks in to oblivion. They will be sat in our hospitality suit, eating our food and penning headlines like "Bigger than United? Don't make us laugh when our mouths are full of David Moyes' flacid shriveled cock!"

u a tad upset?

A little. Sometimes I look at our team and think "fucking hell, we are playing Lescott, Clichy and Dzeko... They are all pretty average and cost the best part £60,000,000".

Absolutely heroic performance from ten men and they didn't deserve that goal at the end. I thought we were magnificent and even when we go out we now know what we are capable of.

Don't know what Keane is on about, I thought Barca were there for the taking too, we showed we could keep them out with no issues and start creating in the first half. The second half I thought we really pressed for it and could very easily have gone ahead, bad slice of luck kills us off.

Not sure what to think about Demichaelis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.