City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Thought the ref was a disgrace,foul on navas not given then to compound it he awards pen for foul which was outside the box,soft fouls which he couldnt contain himself to blow up for in their favour,honestly if we had held on for 1.0 we could have went their with full strength squad and done them.Move on now to saturday and stoke come on city......

Chris in London said:
shemnel said:
I wish folk would just leave the 'outside box' shouts for the pen.

Fact of the matter is, Messi was pelting through and the ref is behind, it is hard to decipher with replays nevermind real time. Remember the decisions we've had go for us a few times this season? yeah, well footy has a funny way of balancing itself out over the course of 9 months, accept it - he scored the pen now move on and stop sounding like whingeing kids

Bullshit. That is what the liner is for. There were two line decisions he had to make - was Messi offside and was the foul in the area. He got the first right, and the second wrong.

he also got the decision wrong to flag a goal offside for them, not sure if that supports your point or not!

AliWaheed said:
Robbie Savage, BBC Radio 5 live at Etihad StadiumManchester City 0-2 Barcelona

"If Manchester City win the tie in the Nou Camp, I will stop working."

Come on City! do it just to shut this fool up.

lol that's what I thought when I saw that, what more motivation do we need

shemnel said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Malty said:
Vinney laying the smackdown on ITV

"they was there for the taking, shown them too much respect, not the best team we played this season at all"

Bluemoon won't like this. But he's right... we didn't go at them, we fucking sat off and only after it all went tits up, we caused them problems.

the biggest let down for me was not even the red card, it was that we never bit into them and gave them a decent scare apart from a 5 minute patch in the 1st half. we defended brilliantly etc but we never scared them, not once.

I agree as well. Lots of passion and fight but we just didnt do what we do best tonight despite us telling the world we would.

Getting beat by this lot is not the end of the world but tonight im sat here a little disappointed if im honest.

Dynamo11 said:
I feel sorry for MDM, it was a VERY poor challenge yes but he was actually having a decent game up until then. I think a lot of the blame has to go to Pellegrini, how could he start such a conservative side at home. When he decided to go all out attack when we had 10 men we held our own. Should have got at them right from the get go
Everything was going well until the red card, wtf are you saying? The team had many opportunities and Pellegrini did it well, so think a little bit.

Gelsons Dad said:
MSP said:
Demichelis had great game before red card.

Not only that but Vinny played Messi on leaving MDM not chance. He could let Messi go or bring him down outside the box. He brought him down outside the box but the ref gave the pen.
Or, you know, he could have stayed on his feet?

For once

Gutted, I thought we were excellent and well worth a draw, but to lose the second goal at the end is a sickener. Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva, all aboslutely outstanding. Just a shame that MDM got himself sent off and that the referee seemed to have a love of giving them incredibly soft freekicks. Proud of the performance though, especially when we were down to 10 and still gave as good as we got.

Down to managers tactics
Pelligrini picking Demichellis was like Reid constantly picking Heath in the old days
Accident waiting to happen
May as well play with 10 men in my opinion
At least he will not play in the Return
What has Lescott done to upset anybody

Blue Smarties said:
"they was there for the taking, shown them too much respect, not the best team we played this season at all"

Aye, now all you Messi fawners can fuck right off.
and mp got us all pumped up saying we gona attack, but we just sat back deep and hit on the break, maybe was tatics, but i still think we should have had a go at them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.