City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

BlueMoonz1977 said:
we are the student and they still the tutor

we weren't at full strength and we are still learning especially in the top tier of european football - we met another level tonite and we will learn

Really? I'd say being tutored by European Football Superpowers was over after we got smashed by Bayern then returned to smash them. We are the superpower and they know it. Missing our best player we still took it to Barcelona when down to 10-men. The only other team to beat us recently was Chelsea! Again we were missing key players.

City can win everything because we are one of the greatest teams in the world. Barcelona isn't on another level than us, they're on the same level. I think City realized that today about half way through the second half. Just wait for the 2nd leg.

sh249 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
sh249 said:
Horribly unlucky. Nothing like we deserved. Even with 10 we created more, and far better, chances.

A lot of the stick Demichelis is getting is unfair - always liable to get caught out if you give the ball away as cheaply as Navas did with us moving forward. Might have been a foul, they'd have probably got one, but still poor. Once in the position he was in, Demichelis had to make the challenge. Prior to that, I thought he was very good - I'm a big Lescott fan, but he looked awkward as fuck when he came on.

Despite the disappointment of the result, I thought it was a really impressive performance. Tactically good, real desire, genuine bravery to get on the ball and play. Obviously tough now, but it ain't over - imagine we'll set up fairly similarly, and we can definitely hurt them at the back.

And David Silva is fucking awesome.

No he didn't! Why dive in and give away what is going to be a stonewall red card and penalty? It's Messi, he's going to score 1-1 with keeper 99.9% of the time, making the challenge is an utterly superfluous act, which just makes it harder on your team for the rest of the match.

Course he did. He didn't dive in to foul, he tried to win the ball, Messi was there a split-second sooner.
Every defender on the planet would have gone for the challenge and not just allowed Messi to walk in and score'
Put it this way

He dived in and everyone slated him for it.

If he had not dived in, everyone would have slated him for no effort or commitment blah blah blah. I feel for the fella, he cannot win. If you understand football at all you will realise that he put in a very good performance tonight bar a few misplaced passes. He played as a centre half should.

You chase the player, put him under pressure. He was already going away from goal.

MD knew he was getting sent off of he went to ground and didnt win the ball.

Awful

So, being at home et all....should have we started with any combo of Negredo/Jovetic, Negredo/Dzeko, Jovetic/Dzeko - instead of only one striker??

Genuine question. We look like shit playing one up front :-) Either Negredo or Dzeko end up completely cut-off, and are usually the single player in the box...which aint cutting it with 4 defenders there.

I wonder what Pelle will do at Camp Nou, but I'm guessing two strikers.

sh249 said:
skybluecelt1990 said:
sh249 said:
Horribly unlucky. Nothing like we deserved. Even with 10 we created more, and far better, chances.

A lot of the stick Demichelis is getting is unfair - always liable to get caught out if you give the ball away as cheaply as Navas did with us moving forward. Might have been a foul, they'd have probably got one, but still poor. Once in the position he was in, Demichelis had to make the challenge. Prior to that, I thought he was very good - I'm a big Lescott fan, but he looked awkward as fuck when he came on.

Despite the disappointment of the result, I thought it was a really impressive performance. Tactically good, real desire, genuine bravery to get on the ball and play. Obviously tough now, but it ain't over - imagine we'll set up fairly similarly, and we can definitely hurt them at the back.

And David Silva is fucking awesome.

No he didn't! Why dive in and give away what is going to be a stonewall red card and penalty? It's Messi, he's going to score 1-1 with keeper 99.9% of the time, making the challenge is an utterly superfluous act, which just makes it harder on your team for the rest of the match.

Course he did. He didn't dive in to foul, he tried to win the ball, Messi was there a split-second sooner.
Every defender on the planet would have gone for the challenge and not just allowed Messi to walk in and score'

Demichelis will know Messi as well as anyone on the pitch, he would have known he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the ball off him. Messi was going to score anyway, so why make the situation worse by making an idiotic attempt of a tackle.

sam-caddick said:
Nasri should have started with Silva, it was ridiculous playing Kolarov on the wing against Barca.

Alves is a big threat going forward and he didn't get a look in until we had to take kolarov off, tactically it was working well until the sending off.

Aguero will be back. We will have our strongest team back. No reason we can't score more than two at theirs. We've done it before, we can do it again.

Big Dave Watson said:
Bottom line is two season defining games at home in two weeks, no goals and two defeats. Quite simply not up to it and not good enough when wit really matters.

Sniff fucking sniff, again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.