City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
welsh_andy said:
Blue Smarties said:
"they was there for the taking, shown them too much respect, not the best team we played this season at all"

Aye, now all you Messi fawners can fuck right off.
and mp got us all pumped up saying we gona attack, but we just sat back deep and hit on the break, maybe was tatics, but i still think we should have had a go at them

Agreed.

Y.Toure and Nasri both known this season for getting forward and causing problems. One didn't start and the other was ordered to sit back. We're also used to causing chaos with two strikers, instead Negredo was left to go it alone.

People won't like it, but Pellegrini will be gone by next year. Shame as he has the ability to get the best out of his players but fails to make the big decisions on the big occasions. Either that or Demichelis might just well do the damage for him.

will you bet money on this assertion?

Begbie said:
abu13 said:
Begbie said:
i tried to make a new topic about how shite the support were tonight...it got merged or deleted dunno which......

the support were shite tonight

You prick
truth hurts me more than you

What truths, you mean the opinion of a troll hehe.
Fair try i suppose, 5/10 take care in troll land toodle pip.

nederblue said:
TCIB said:
nederblue said:
I thought we were totally outplayed. We hardly saw the ball and looked a patch on our normal home form. There were some good performances but collectively it was not good. Say what you want but we are out, il be stunned if we get through. It was also a strange atmosphere in the ground, as fans we need to do our bit. I think we will win two trophies this season and be better in the CL next season. Overall I'm pretty gutted, we should have done better.

Try not thinking then, it does not serve you well.

Give it a rest. We never looked like winning, as I have said that is disappointing as we have been brilliant at times this season at home. I'm not being negative but do you really think the players truly believed they could win tonight? We are a great team but not quite good enough yet.
I disagree
We did look like winning. We frustrated Barca up till the dodgy pen and had created the better opportunities in the first half.
Tactically we were bang on. That's how you play them. You seem to forget who we were playing buddy!

Can't blame Demichelis. He has punching above his weight all season, and played well tonight before being sent off. Kolarov didn't do anything offensive or defensive and should have been taken off after he received the yellow card.

Look on the bright side. Finally the talk about winning the quadruple is over. Let's focus on winning the league!

Gaylord du Bois said:
1961_vintage said:
Another major milestone in our development.

Small margins, erratic refereeing, but overall Barca deserved their win.

But as an emerging potential dominant force on the European stage we can also see that there was very little between us and one of the top sides in world football.

Whilst the game highlighted some individuals that are more capable domestically rather than at this level, I thought some of our players were a joy to watch at times tonight - Vinny, Yaya and Zab..... and especially David Silva.

The pressure will be off in the Nou. Sergio will be back. Should be interesting!
Well said Vintage, that'll do for me.

Yes, very well said ! Result aside we are never defeated.

Saw absolutely nothing today to make me think we can't do them. The way Nasri terrified them gives me great hope for when hI'm and Sergio are fully fit running at that defence. Even more confident if we get a ref who lets us impose our superior strength. Bring it on.

Apparently he's lost the plot in the press conference. Blamed the ref... just great, not only will our manager be picking up bans and fines, but the real problems not get swept under the carpet.

sincity said:
I thought it was an even game tonight. Both teams were pretty cautious at the start. Referee performance was average
However the limitations of Demichelis and Lescott were badly exposed in this match. We really should have gone for a quality CB in the transfer window.

Anyway, there's not much hope for the return leg, but I will keep hoping that we can win at their stadium and Aguero will be playing at his best by then..

We did, but couldn't close a deal (Mangala). We tried in summer for Pepe but Madrid didn't want it.
People keep saying we should get this an that. We are trying but it's not that easy.

I've got a funny feeling that we're still going to do it, we're being written off already so there will be no pressure and we can just go out and play our natural game. Sergio will back, Fernandinho will have more minutes under his belt, Nasri will be sharper and Silva will just be his usual majestic self. Believe that's what I say, believe CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.