City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

rugbyblue said:
shemnel said:
he also got the decision wrong to flag a goal offside for them, not sure if that supports your point or not!
Except it was offside. Fabregas wasn't, the player he passed it to hadn't gotten back onside, thus offside. Learn the rules.

he flagged Fabregas. watch the game.

TO be honest,a lot of people in here would do the same thing MDM did then.He probably shouldn't have tackled yes,but he had nothing but a second to make the desicion.It should have been a foul on Navas in the first place anyway

JarJarBinks said:
RandomJ said:
I don't want to see Demichelis in a City shirt ever again. I don't care if we have no fit defenders available I'd rather see Nasri at CB than him. Pellegrini has to take his share of the blame for picking him as well.

Pellegrini has made big mistakes in big matches in 2 out of 2. Playing Demichelis after Lescott did so brilliantly in the Chelsea FA game. Demichelis was the weak point in the Chelsea PL game and in this game. How can you play plaster on Messi with such a slow player?!?!?!?

Furthermore he played against Barcelona like Chelsea would or Malaga. Playing on the counterattack with a team that has not playe this way ever is just plain amateurism.

Bobby was the men who would of taken them out to the cleaners. Pellegrini is not a proved coach and the fact that he likes to transfer favorable players is an obvious fact of his lack of coaching, the squd he has does not need a free agent as Demichelis. Furthermore, technically we can match Barca if he played Jovetic, Nasri, Garcia instead of Kolarov(I know Garcia is not technical but at least he is a real destructive player), Nasri looked the most dangerous CM.

Lastly, a player so experience as Demichelis should understand that making a foul like that is just cheap, let them score but at least you got 11 I am sure he knew when he did that foul what he was doing and thought it would be a red with a free kick but due to his 'exceptional speed' it just did not pan out.

P.S. At least Pellegrini won't play Demichelis again in the return and I for one believe that of city were to go through they had to loose the first leg in order to attack the way they only know how. Hint hint: Bayern, when you have nothing to lose and if Aguero is back it is still possible.

P.P.S. Kompany, Nasri, Zabaleta and Clichy today played on the level. KOMPANY is the man by far that constantly plays big in big matches, never ever flopped in a big match.

Never read so much rubbish. Demichellis didn't need to worry about his pace, because he kept Messi in front at all times. He got
caught out by Navas losing the ball and Barca hitting us quick. It happens, they are a decent side you know. Why everytime when we lose,
do most of our players suddenly become the shittest players on the planet. Joleon came on and gave the ball away under pressure.
It happens. I was disappointed because I feel that with 11 men we could have done more 2nd half.

nederblue said:
I thought we were totally outplayed. We hardly saw the ball and looked a patch on our normal home form. There were some good performances but collectively it was not good. Say what you want but we are out, il be stunned if we get through. It was also a strange atmosphere in the ground, as fans we need to do our bit. I think we will win two trophies this season and be better in the CL next season. Overall I'm pretty gutted, we should have done better.
Interesting post!
Disagree with everything you say other than the being gutted bit!
You seem to forget who we were playing tonight for starters.

shemnel said:
rugbyblue said:
shemnel said:
he also got the decision wrong to flag a goal offside for them, not sure if that supports your point or not!
Except it was offside. Fabregas wasn't, the player he passed it to hadn't gotten back onside, thus offside. Learn the rules.

he flagged Fabregas. watch the game.

So he correctly called offside but called it against the wrong player?

Gelsons Dad said:
pudge said:
Gelsons Dad said:
and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.
Hmmmmm

Give Joe a chance with Messi going away from goal and have 11 on the pitch.

Or hack him down at the last possible second making the spot of the foul questionable and get sent off.

Such a tough choice

1962585_10202168029535675_1255579302_n.jpg

1623686_10202168029175666_535391215_n.jpg
I see nothing there to oppose what i said.

A left footed player taking the ball onto his left foot with a defender on the inside of him.

Id rather he try and chase him down and hurry him, giving Joe a chance rather than deciding to leave us in the shit.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
JarJarBinks said:
RandomJ said:
I don't want to see Demichelis in a City shirt ever again. I don't care if we have no fit defenders available I'd rather see Nasri at CB than him. Pellegrini has to take his share of the blame for picking him as well.

Pellegrini has made big mistakes in big matches in 2 out of 2. Playing Demichelis after Lescott did so brilliantly in the Chelsea FA game. Demichelis was the weak point in the Chelsea PL game and in this game. How can you play plaster on Messi with such a slow player?!?!?!?

Furthermore he played against Barcelona like Chelsea would or Malaga. Playing on the counterattack with a team that has not playe this way ever is just plain amateurism.

Bobby was the men who would of taken them out to the cleaners. Pellegrini is not a proved coach and the fact that he likes to transfer favorable players is an obvious fact of his lack of coaching, the squd he has does not need a free agent as Demichelis. Furthermore, technically we can match Barca if he played Jovetic, Nasri, Garcia instead of Kolarov(I know Garcia is not technical but at least he is a real destructive player), Nasri looked the most dangerous CM.

Lastly, a player so experience as Demichelis should understand that making a foul like that is just cheap, let them score but at least you got 11 I am sure he knew when he did that foul what he was doing and thought it would be a red with a free kick but due to his 'exceptional speed' it just did not pan out.

P.S. At least Pellegrini won't play Demichelis again in the return and I for one believe that of city were to go through they had to loose the first leg in order to attack the way they only know how. Hint hint: Bayern, when you have nothing to lose and if Aguero is back it is still possible.

P.P.S. Kompany, Nasri, Zabaleta and Clichy today played on the level. KOMPANY is the man by far that constantly plays big in big matches, never ever flopped in a big match.

Never read so much rubbish. Demichellis didn't need to worry about his pace, because he kept Messi in front at all times. He got
caught out by Navas losing the ball and Barca hitting us quick. It happens, they are a decent side you know. Why everytime when we lose,
do most of our players suddenly become the shittest players on the planet. Joleon came on and gave the ball away under pressure.
It happens. I was disappointed because I feel that with 11 men we could have done more 2nd half.
This. Mdm was good until the sending off... Lescott was nervous

chicagoblues said:
yankcitizen76 said:
yup we were suppose to buy the refs look what happened...........hope the haters are happy now.

The problem is the ref dont get to see freeze frames he only gets to see it in real time - as soon as that tackle was made i thought pen and red card - quite simply he gave the ref a decision to make and they tend to go Barca way

Blaming the ref is pointless

Too many fans/players/management want us to be underdogs... same happened with Bayern at home. Kompanys comment about showing too much respect speaks volumes and rings true. We are on Madrids, Barcelona', Bayerns level. The players we have confirms it, shame so many doubt the teams ability to go out there and do what it does best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.