City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

bugsyblue said:
Not sure why fans are crying about this. They should be fucking proud. 10 men against one of the best sides in the world and we held our own. Ref was poor to be fair and we were equals before the sending off. Yes barca are slightly better than us at the mo but seriously we aren't that far off. Also a lot of players tonight wore their hearts on their sleeves. Vinny in particular was a legend. Well done city!

Agreed. Some need to get some perspective.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
sincity said:
I thought it was an even game tonight. Both teams were pretty cautious at the start. Referee performance was average
However the limitations of Demichelis and Lescott were badly exposed in this match. We really should have gone for a quality CB in the transfer window.

Anyway, there's not much hope for the return leg, but I will keep hoping that we can win at their stadium and Aguero will be playing at his best by then..

We did, but couldn't close a deal (Mangala). We tried in summer for Pepe but Madrid didn't want it.
People keep saying we should get this an that. We are trying but it's not that easy.

I'm aware of that rumor mate. My above post was not a criticism but a statement, or a wistful thinking that had we actually got a decent CB, we may have taken the fight to them or maybe even won this game. I for one am pretty happy with how City played today. Maybe because measuring our performances against such quality opposition, I know we can go much further ahead in the Champions League during the coming seasons..

hertsblue said:
bugsyblue said:
Not sure why fans are crying about this. They should be fucking proud. 10 men against one of the best sides in the world and we held our own. Ref was poor to be fair and we were equals before the sending off. Yes barca are slightly better than us at the mo but seriously we aren't that far off. Also a lot of players tonight wore their hearts on their sleeves. Vinny in particular was a legend. Well done city!

This

^

This is a barca fan here.
You played really well and i think the match could have gone anywhere and i feel our coach outplayed pelligrini tactically.
It could have gone anywhere but please dont say that we won due to refs error.There was a handball by someone whose penalty wasnt given and an offside wrongly given.Take those into account

Very proud of all the players tonight. I thought it was just swinging in our favour when the penalty incident happened.

I thought the manager got it spot on, they didn't have a sniff untill the sending off (which came because they won possession in our half through a foul).

I take great pride in knowing we have in Silva and Kompany the 2 best players in the world in their position. Fernandinho was also top class.

Just a really frustrating night, but were here to stay and we'll come back stronger next year

Just got back and was proud of the team. They played with heart and commitment, even with 10 men. You can argue about the pen, but we are still developing and will get better and better.

This is Barcelona. I never thought I would see them play against City and bar the result - WHAT A NIGHT!

Feeling very optimistic about the future. And I never thought we were ready for CL success as a club, just yet.

Just one thing I noticed, and that is fans leaving the stadium before the final whistle. The players played with heart today, especially being down to ten men against a team of Barcelona's class. It would of been easy for them to of given up after the penalty went in, but they fought hard to try come back. Incredible performance with ten men, the only thing that was missing was a goal. Well done to the players for fighting until the death. Now they must fight until the death in the 2nd leg.

We play 4-5-1 and we moan about naivete of Pellegrini. We play 4-5-1 and we say that we showed too much respect. Oh please. It was a tight tactical game that gave Barca possession like Barca always does. We kept them to minimum shots on goal in first half and even with ten men, had 9-10 shots of goal respectively. Pellegrini wanted to close up shop, cut off mid, and it was becoming clear that he would go for it in the second half as the players got over their initial nervy playing in the big stage. Kolarov works as both defensive and forward maneuvering, so it's a good way to read the game as Pellegrini often does. Have some patience man. I may be wrong, but we will probably throw everything at Nou Camp with Aguero back and our players hopefully back to full fitness and a Capital Cup in their pockets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.