City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

I am the happiest man in Innsbruck tonight!
Went to the Irish pub (as usual) and discovered I was the only Blue there (as usual).
The place was full of plastic Bayern fans (not German, but Austrian) and I was looked at like an alien after our first goal.
I went to the toilet after 80 minutes and some dickhead in a Bayern shit turned round and said, "Haha, Europa League!".
So i asked him where he was from, and he said Innsbruck. I then asked him why he doesn't support Wacker Innsbruck, or at least an Austrian team, and his mates laughed at him, especially his girlfriend, who was quite cute, but more of that later.
Anyway, called him a glory hunter and he shut up for a bit.
Would any of you seriously believe that after Agüero's third goal, the pub emptied?
The bastards didn't even allow me the chance to take the piss out of them!
Cnuts, the lot of them, supporting a team that isn't even from their country.

Got a bit a luck for a change.

Gives us some hope.

Great individual efforts again doing the business.

Once we learn how to press as a team and defend as a team we will be a lot harder to defeat in Europe which is what it is all about.

Well done boys now don't let our bit of good fortune go to waste.

schfc6 said:
mad zab said:
west didsblue said:
Hart 5
Sagna 7 ( Zaba 7)
Clichy 8
Kompany 8
Mangala 6
Fernando 7
Navas 7
Lampard 7
Milner 6 (Jovetic 8)
Nasri 7
Aguero 11 (Demi ?)

Sagna was about a 5
Mangala 8 ( tell me a tackle he lost?)
Fernando 6
Milner 5
Nasri 5

Apart from that I agree with you

If you think Nasri was a 5 tonight, you're an idiot. I simply don't understand people like you. I agree on Milner & Mangala though.

It depends on what you see nasri's roll as? When Silva isn't in the team lots of people expect him to step up what he actually does is bottle it. When we needed goals he was back on the half way line passing it with the CBs. He wasn't a 5 but he wasn't that much better.

My thoughts for what it's worth

Hart 4 didn't really do anything positive, arguably some fault for both goals
Sagna 6 Ok defensivly not nuch going forward
Komps 7 average game for him
Mangala 7 foul for their first but other than that thought he was very positive and calm when played some horrendous balls early on.
Clichy - 6 smilar to sagna
Navas 5.5 was put in some great positions but failed to deliver
fernando 5 as the ball winner - didn't really do it and made me nervous on occasion - doesn;t offer himself for the ball at all
Lampard 7.5 best of the midfield - always looking to be positive an nice to see a player who just doesn't want to pass 5 yards all the time
Nasri 6.5 nothing wrong nothing to great, expect more from a senior player
milner 6.5 usual effort but a game were his contribution was poor
Aguero 9 finishing brilliant, nearly a 10, was the difference between winning and losing

thought Jovetic was his sual self - very positive , not quite as many mistakes giving it away 7.5
others not enoughto score them.

Bayern are an excellent team, we have a lot of work to catch them - they looked organised , hard working and dangerous. We looked nervous , ponderous and looked to Aguero to much.

onceabluealways said:
schfc6 said:
mad zab said:
Sagna was about a 5
Mangala 8 ( tell me a tackle he lost?)
Fernando 6
Milner 5
Nasri 5

Apart from that I agree with you

If you think Nasri was a 5 tonight, you're an idiot. I simply don't understand people like you. I agree on Milner & Mangala though.

It depends on what you see nasri's roll as? When Silva isn't in the team lots of people expect him to step up what he actually does is bottle it. When we needed goals he was back on the half way line passing it with the CBs. He wasn't a 5 but he wasn't that much better.

My thoughts for what it's worth

Hart 4 didn't really do anything positive, arguably some fault for both goals
Sagna 6 Ok defensivly not nuch going forward
Komps 7 average game for him
Mangala 7 foul for their first but other than that thought he was very positive and calm when played some horrendous balls early on.
Clichy - 6 smilar to sagna
Navas 5.5 was put in some great positions but failed to deliver
fernando 5 as the ball winner - didn't really do it and made me nervous on occasion - doesn;t offer himself for the ball at all
Lampard 7.5 best of the midfield - always looking to be positive an nice to see a player who just doesn't want to pass 5 yards all the time
Nasri 6.5 nothing wrong nothing to great, expect more from a senior player
milner 6.5 usual effort but a game were his contribution was poor
Aguero 9 finishing brilliant, nearly a 10, was the difference between winning and losing

thought Jovetic was his sual self - very positive , not quite as many mistakes giving it away 7.5
others not enoughto score them.

Bayern are an excellent team, we have a lot of work to catch them - they looked organised , hard working and dangerous. We looked nervous , ponderous and looked to Aguero to much.

Sorry but Fernando was way betetr than Milner or Nasri

Yes he isn the ballw inner but sometimes you can't gett he ball and have to psoition yourself properly to block the pass that may open the defence up. This is where I thought he did well.

I though Milner would have been better wide left as Nasri drifted quite a lot of the game.

Navas I would give between 6.5 and 7 because he gave us an outlet, although he could have done better in some situations

However, the game is all about opinions and I am sure others saw it differently

the one thing I love about watching bayern is they way they always immediately close you down when you have possession. their task today was made harder by going down to 10 men and being caught on the break - with defensive errors - let sergio do his thing. but generally they give the opposition no time on the ball. also, I noticed how their goalie always looks to distribute it out directly to any close player and not once did he just kick it up the pitch when he had the ball.
City need to get into closing down much more. it still seems to reek of zonal (that is not the correct spelling?) marking

First of all. I cannot believe the negativity on here. Some people are just miserable twats, glass half empty. Simple as that. Others appear negative because they're not getting their argument across properly.

Just to put it into perspective. For me there are 3 elite teams in this competition, we played one of them tonight, the other 2 speak for themselves. We were the underdogs tonight. Whether we should be, after all the money blah blah, that's a different argument, but we were and that's all that matters we are still babies in this competition.

Munich are an incredible team. They have great players, are seasoned in this corrupted competition. Their ball retention, their work rate, their passion and desire is what will see them, in my opinion, win the CL this year.

So, now we have the perspective. I thought that was a fucking tremendous performance tonight. For the first time in Europe we had a shape, we kept it, we worked our bollox off and pressed high, and as a unit. I thought fernando was quality. Bayern didn't have a fucking sniff in the 2nd half. They didn't counter us like they normally do, yes they had 10 men, but they are that good that advantage counted for precisely fuck all.

Proud of us tonight. Best performance in this competition since we qualified for the thing. And a great game of football to boot.

We have been utterly shite in this competition so far, of that I will hold my hands up to. There has been a monkey on our back, but not tonight, I'm not having it.

We have just given ourselves a lifeline, we were drowning into the abyss, so let's not do what we have so far in the CL. Take the gift blues, because the horse will not give out again.

Contrary to other people on here, I want us to win this fucking thing. It embarrass' me when I see a 3/4 full stadium. Yes UEFA are bent to fuck, but I remember that cold night in York. Stay together and stick it to em' blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.