City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

To be fair I know they had 10 men and everything but I think people are over exaggerating how much they controlled this game. I agree first half they were the better team, but I don't remember a bayern player getting into our final third in the second half. Lots of possession as usual for them but most in defence in the second half, no matter how good on the ball you are if you pass the ball around the back all game you're likely to make a mistake and give a chance away. Luckily that happened today

Hearing boos during the anthem made me feel really happy and the players reaction from both team was priceless .

Re: If the pen hadn't been given...

Innsbruckblue said:
Do you all really think that ref had a good game?
Lewandowski's 'foul' for their first goal was the most blatant dive I've seen in ages.
Not to mention plenty of other decisions.
I was shocked that the ref actually applied the law for Agüero's penalty, and then thought we might have a decent ref.
However, it was the usual decisions later in the game. A Villa fan watching with me even couldn't believe some of the decisions.

Yes I did think the ref had a good game and was one of the best we have had over the years in this competition.Anyone who thinks that any ref should get 100% correct decisions needs to wake up.He was far better than most PL refs I`ve seen of late.

proy said:
First of all. I cannot believe the negativity on here. Some people are just miserable twats, glass half empty. Simple as that. Others appear negative because they're not getting their argument across properly.

Just to put it into perspective. For me there are 3 elite teams in this competition, we played one of them tonight, the other 2 speak for themselves. We were the underdogs tonight. Whether we should be, after all the money blah blah, that's a different argument, but we were and that's all that matters we are still babies in this competition.

Munich are an incredible team. They have great players, are seasoned in this corrupted competition. Their ball retention, their work rate, their passion and desire is what will see them, in my opinion, win the CL this year.

So, now we have the perspective. I thought that was a fucking tremendous performance tonight. For the first time in Europe we had a shape, we kept it, we worked our bollox off and pressed high, and as a unit. I thought fernando was quality. Bayern didn't have a fucking sniff in the 2nd half. They didn't counter us like they normally do, yes they had 10 men, but they are that good that advantage counted for precisely fuck all.

Proud of us tonight. Best performance in this competition since we qualified for the thing. And a great game of football to boot.

We have been utterly shite in this competition so far, of that I will hold my hands up to. There has been a monkey on our back, but not tonight, I'm not having it.

We have just given ourselves a lifeline, we were drowning into the abyss, so let's not do what we have so far in the CL. Take the gift blues, because the horse will not give out again.

Contrary to other people on here, I want us to win this fucking thing. It embarrass' me when I see a 3/4 full stadium. Yes UEFA are bent to fuck, but I remember that cold night in York. Stay together and stick it to em' blues.

got to be the post of the night , well done that man

proy said:
First of all. I cannot believe the negativity on here. Some people are just miserable twats, glass half empty. Simple as that. Others appear negative because they're not getting their argument across properly.

Just to put it into perspective. For me there are 3 elite teams in this competition, we played one of them tonight, the other 2 speak for themselves. We were the underdogs tonight. Whether we should be, after all the money blah blah, that's a different argument, but we were and that's all that matters we are still babies in this competition.

Munich are an incredible team. They have great players, are seasoned in this corrupted competition. Their ball retention, their work rate, their passion and desire is what will see them, in my opinion, win the CL this year.

So, now we have the perspective. I thought that was a fucking tremendous performance tonight. For the first time in Europe we had a shape, we kept it, we worked our bollox off and pressed high, and as a unit. I thought fernando was quality. Bayern didn't have a fucking sniff in the 2nd half. They didn't counter us like they normally do, yes they had 10 men, but they are that good that advantage counted for precisely fuck all.

Proud of us tonight. Best performance in this competition since we qualified for the thing. And a great game of football to boot.

We have been utterly shite in this competition so far, of that I will hold my hands up to. There has been a monkey on our back, but not tonight, I'm not having it.

We have just given ourselves a lifeline, we were drowning into the abyss, so let's not do what we have so far in the CL. Take the gift blues, because the horse will not give out again.

Contrary to other people on here, I want us to win this fucking thing. It embarrass' me when I see a 3/4 full stadium. Yes UEFA are bent to fuck, but I remember that cold night in York. Stay together and stick it to em' blues.
That's one of the best post's I've read all night well f*#king said blue!!!! Ohh Get in there City :)

United fans: first play bayern , then we can talk. U cant even have possesion against Arsenal, against bayern u would have 10% maximum with 9 Players

But I have to admit , were far off bayern , their coach is one hell off, and their whole team is extra ordinary . The way they pressed us with 10 men was was amazing and they never stop running, even their youth talent rode and hjoberg kept running. U just have to give credit to the team, theyre unbelieavable and with their 10 injury players coming back, they look strong.

But we deserve respect too, we fought with heart and fought for our lives to the end but noone bats an eye...

congratulations to pellers got everything right tonight. didn't try to match bayern in midfield let them have the ball as much as they want they created just three rafas shot lebs foul and botengs long punt up field . mangalas foul was necessary as there was too much space next to him sanga had ribery in his pocket as clichy chased robben back into central midfield. pellers ploy to play it quick to aguero or navas worked fantastic and nearly had four but for nasri getting caught offside indeed milner may have made it five but he was caught by the old man alonso which pretty much summed his night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.