City vs Bayern Post Match Thread

Congratulations on the win! :)

After the red card and your goal i didn´t expect us to control the game so well with 10 men and turn it around to 2:1, especially considering that in the centre Alonso was only supported by the 19 years old an unexperienced Höjbjerg.
Unfortunately in the 2nd half while we still had more posession we fucked up some good chances to counter quickly with bad movement and bad decision making.

The 2 mistakes of Alonso and Boateng were the first 2 really bad mistakes in the whole season and i´m almost glad that these mistakes were punished because hopefully the players now know, what a slight drop in concentration can lead to.

Aguero was so crucial in front of the goal, he really is a superb striker. I was also surprised by Lampard, good performance.

I wouldn´t mind you going to the quarterfinals and eliminating Dortmund or Barca/PSG, good luck for the rest of the cl and pl season! :)

shemnel said:
Lampard's presence was very settling.

Mangala is crackers!

Aguero is god.

Sagna surprised me.

Silva in for Nasri, Fernandinho in for Fernando. That's our XI for Rome.
Out of interest what do you mean mangala is crackers ? Thought last night Vinnie had started doing nervy side foot style passes and mangala was doing long punts like Vinnie does

mrtwiceaseason said:
shemnel said:
Lampard's presence was very settling.

Mangala is crackers!

Aguero is god.

Sagna surprised me.

Silva in for Nasri, Fernandinho in for Fernando. That's our XI for Rome.
Out of interest what do you mean mangala is crackers ? Thought last night Vinnie had started doing nervy side foot style passes and mangala was doing long punts like Vinnie does

Dunno, just think he has a style of play that perhaps doesnt quite suit his current form. He seems to love beating a man outside his own box and likes to try and pick a pass. Don't get me wrong, he played well last night, but his apparent desire to try and do a bit much from centre half might be contributing to a bit of the flak he gets on here

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
bondsman said:
A ten man Bayern would win the premier league? They out played is with ten but that was one of our performances in Europe?

Some ridiculous comments on here. We went 1-0 up against ten and then they took the piss for 75 mins in a game they didn't even need to win. Aguero saved us single handedly. Yet again big questions have to be asked. What were those substitutions? Had Bayern not made two defensive errors that would have been humiliating last night.

Some of the we were great comments are clearly OTT because we weren't for much of the match. However, Bayern whilst enjoying loads of possession and playing very well, didn't create anything at all 2nd half.

The thing that struck me about us was that we never gave up and it came good in the end. On play alone, we probably didn't deserve to win but there have been games where we have played worse and won so it does even itself out.

When you consider we had two of our most influential players out it was a good effort to get the win against a side who lets face it are much better than us currently.

I was disappointed with a few performances. For me Nasri didn't do enough, Milner was below par and Hart had a poor night but on a night when we beat one of the best teams in the world at home in a game that actually did matter to us, there cant be too much cause for complaint.
True, we weren't amazing but we were effective. Let's not be too harsh on ourselves against 10 - remember that they simply swapped a young striker out for an experienced CB, so in effect were were still facing a normal Bayerm side just with less striking threat (though Robben and Lewandowski still there).
I thought we overall showed excellent pressing which is a must against them and created the pressure at the end - I noticed them simply pumping a few of those balls out back to us including the one that went to Zab to start our attack for the last goal.
Milner solid but not creating anything and actually I thought Nasri had been doing ok as he was beating his man on occasion and moving past players into the space behind them, just needed better final ball.

That "unexperienced" player has 5 caps for his country and 2 Bundesliga medals for Bayern. And people seem to forget that we had no Silva, no Yaya, and no Dzeko when they're doing their team comparisons.

You controlled the game because we sacrificed possession in order to play a counter attacking game which is why Sagna played in front of Zabaleta and Nasri in front of Jovetic and had 7 offsides to your 0. You created absolutely nothing the whole game, I've never seen a team pass so inefficiently. The first goal was a poor free kick that should never have happened and tricked the keeper. The second goal was when the striker headed it onto his own shoulder and had no idea where the ball was going. You had 4 shots and that was 2 of them.

You lost the game because we took our chances and you didn't. It's as simple as that.

bayern fan said:
Congratulations on the win! :)

After the red card and your goal i didn´t expect us to control the game so well with 10 men and turn it around to 2:1, especially considering that in the centre Alonso was only supported by the 19 years old an unexperienced Höjbjerg.
Unfortunately in the 2nd half while we still had more posession we fucked up some good chances to counter quickly with bad movement and bad decision making.

The 2 mistakes of Alonso and Boateng were the first 2 really bad mistakes in the whole season and i´m almost glad that these mistakes were punished because hopefully the players now know, what a slight drop in concentration can lead to.

Aguero was so crucial in front of the goal, he really is a superb striker. I was also surprised by Lampard, good performance.

I wouldn´t mind you going to the quarterfinals and eliminating Dortmund or Barca/PSG, good luck for the rest of the cl and pl season! :)
Thank you

City can play way better then that because we only had Hart, Kompany and Aguero starting.

I thought Robben was poor. He is one of my favourite players, and I compare him to Messi and Ronaldo

City have no confidence in Europe. But it will come at some point.

I wish a lot of City fans would stop rubbishing European competition. It is spoiling the atmosphere in the ground. Bayern fans were superb. Without you it would have been dead

If City don't win it, (I'll be elated if we can qualify from the group), I hope you do

Re: If the pen hadn't been given...

oakiecokie said:
Innsbruckblue said:
Do you all really think that ref had a good game?
Lewandowski's 'foul' for their first goal was the most blatant dive I've seen in ages.
Not to mention plenty of other decisions.
I was shocked that the ref actually applied the law for Agüero's penalty, and then thought we might have a decent ref.
However, it was the usual decisions later in the game. A Villa fan watching with me even couldn't believe some of the decisions.

Yes I did think the ref had a good game and was one of the best we have had over the years in this competition.Anyone who thinks that any ref should get 100% correct decisions needs to wake up.He was far better than most PL refs I`ve seen of late.

Wish we could have this ref every time. Contrast his performance with the ones we got against cska and Roma. Fair to both teams, his decision making was excellent and he actually applied the laws of the game. Couple of things in the second half where Lampard had a foul given against him and boateng kicked it out for a goal kick but as oakie says, they can't get it right 100% of the time.

FromPollockToSilva said:
Still not quite sure how we managed that, but very, very glad that we did.
Seems surreal that's for sure.i said on the thread yesterday I wasn't arsed about performance as long as we get a result. On sky sports this morning mike wedderburn is loving it.only city could give you every emotion under the sun in 90 minutes of footy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.