City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

mackenzie said:
taconinja said:
I swear if people give Rodwell 7 marks out of 10 again I will lose my fucking mind.

Whilst I neither agree nor disagree with your post I have to admit it made me Lol for some reason ;-)
At least someone gets a laugh tonight. :)

Feel a little better listening to mancini.

Ooooossshhhhh calm.

absolutely outplayed tonight, but we managed to get a point. We should stay positve and look at it this way if we can draw in the reverse fixture to dortmund, match their tally against Ajax (which means most likely beating them home and away) and better their results against real madrid (we may only need a draw) then we should qualify as runners up. The way to do this, what Mancini had built this team to do stagnate the play keep it tight, look for a clean sheet and grab our goals later on in the match. If we can't do that we go into the Europa League; Mancini gets a shot to redeem his European record once again and we take it seriously find our feet in continental football and go all out for the Trophy, at the very least we will need to improve the co-efficient.

City Raider said:
if nastasic was bought to replace lescott because he's a better passer of the ball, i've not seen it yet

Sorry. Disagree. For me he not only looks a better footballer than Lescott but he is going to be much better than Kompany as well. Vincent when he's not on form panics.

Mancini says on Sky he knows the problem we have and how to put it right, and it's his job to do so.

Thank god!

Expect a clean sheet and a 4-0 win against Sunderland

Tevez City said:
Mancini should learn from the Dortmund manager, they played away and had 20 goal attempts compared to 12 by City !

I will not blame Rodwell, all the players make mistakes but I don't understand the Kolarov sub !
Would rather have Milner on then Kolarov

Beat Ajax twice (6points) , draw away at Dortmund (1point), draw at home to Madrid (1point) total of 9points . This is the best we can get judging by the way we play in the CL and Mancinis tactical short comings in the CL. Honestly it would be a miracle to defeat Madrid at home.

The Problem

Mancini referred to this problem.

There are a couple of problems imo..

Problem 1 ....The tinkering.
Problem 2 ....Opposition midfield players runs not being tracked. We are getting over loaded big time.

antspider said:
Grown up watching City be terrific for seconds,woeful for minutes, rubbish for hours. All of which has left me depressed for days if not weeks........ So what does cheer me up (and its happened a few times recently) is that when we are outplayed and second best we still come away with something ;)

I don't know how we came away with something , because i'm none too sure that was even a penalty ....... no wonder Dortmund are pissed off!

bluebobom said:
taconinja said:
BulgarianPride said:
Got very lucky with the penalty.

The only city player that showed up was Hart today. Great game from him.
Balotelli showed up. So did Zabaleta. A few others. Most though didn't.

Balo was cool on the penalty, but he didn't exactly show up otherwise...

In 14 minutes he touched it 3 times. Completed one pass & scored a great penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.