City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Post Match Thread

Don't think we will be getting out of the group again this year and that isn't kneejerk, we just aren't good enough at the moment, I think if anything the last few seasons champions league experiences show how overated the premier league is, I know Chelsea won but they won by playing really bad football, we will get there but not this year I don't think

I'm pleased to see that there are one or two people on this forum who are astute enough to spot the elephant in the room! I' m afraid that for all the good things that Mancini has done , his obvious limitations are being cruelly exposed. His ability to make the step up from domestic success to European success is clearly a step too far. He had a similar record in Italy and after two seasons in the CL with City we can see history repeating itself . I like Mancini & I think we can win thePL under him again- but the owners want too see the next logical step up being taken - and I fear that a glimpse at the Mancini form book may cast enough doubt on his ability at this next level to force a decision to be made. I hate the expression " taken the club as far as he can" but I fear it applies now.

I like the idea of having an alternative setup and trying out a 352 but lets do it against Sunderland and Southampton when we're ahead or hitting a brick wall continually, not against Champions League teams when we've already got a new CD partnership on show and a new CDM in front of them. Bad decisions tonight and I really hope thaese are the things Bobby meant in his post match interview with SKY. I totally disagree with him that we needed more speed and fight tonight. We needed more organisation. Dortmund werent leggin it all over the pitch, they were in control because they were so well disciplined.

Dzeko and Aguero both played well but had no connection with each other. Both ran along the same lines or into the same space so there was never any interplay between them. That alongside Nasri and Silva having wide responsibilities and 2 CDM we had nobody behind the forwards centrally on two many occassions to link with Yaya and Jack/Javi.

Just watched highlights on sky talk about onesided only chance we had was penalty,i must have been at a different game i know they were good but not that good.

The first half was pretty even,don't forget their keeper also pulled off about 5 world class saves as well.

The second half they just upped everything and we were hanging on for grim death.They were faster,more skilful,passed it better,looked fitter and actually looked like a TEAM where everyone knew their role and everyone seemed to understand each other.

At the moment everytime a team attacks us it looks like they will score.Our midfield is too slow and ponderous and is outfought and outgunned.Our forwards aren't snapping up the chances coming their way.I have no idea how to sort it but then i am not the manager being paid megabucks to do just that.

We look unfit,slow and lacking heart save for Zabba and Joe.Worrying.The only bright spark is we won't play the quality we are facing in the champion's league every week here.

Didsbury Dave said:
Yet another game this season where we can't control the game because of our midfield. Yaya and Garcia doesn't work. Yaya is not a holding midfielder. Nasri the usual waste of space. Hart magnificent,

But yet again the manager changed formation twice. You can't keep doing that every single fucking game.

They pressed us well and we struggle to cope with anyone who does that.

Overall, a poor performance against a good side. And yet another lucky point.

My thoughts exactly. Don´t we have scouts? This is BVB´s style of play, they crowd MF, run like crazy and counter with the best of them. It just seemed nobody told this to our manager or any of our players. FFS that was our home fixture, but if felt like we were playing away. Poor performance, we got a point and now we have nothing to lose, we have to beat Ajax twice and show a different attitude at Dortmund.

I never thought I was gonna say this in my life but here goes. WE DID NOT DESERVE A POINT TODAY! Team play never showed up to play today. Sloppy and selfish is what we were today. And when you play German teams, teamwork is the only thing that can beat them. Our middfield really looked miserable. they looked very tired for some reason. Our defence was falling apart way too much. If you ask me, the main problem is tactics. And who is in charge of that-Mancini. It blows my mind that he would pick Nastasic(please don't get me wrong I think he is an okay player right now that can potentially grow to be amazing. The thing is, he is not amazing now) over Lescott who has prooven that he has great partnership with Kompany and who has saved our a** many,many times. I think that is why Kompany has been playing badly too. He is not used to playing with Nastasic and he gets lost from time to time. So in important games, like for example CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, I would play Kompany and Lescott. Nastasic can start in less impostant league and cup games where he would get playing time,learn from Kompany, and probabbly build up his confidence that way. Same thing with Rodwell. He is young, doesn't have too much experience, yet Mancini keeps pushing him in important games. Milner and Barry as I recall have played that position before, and did fine. So instead of throwing him into fire, give Barry or Milner time and start Rodwell in easier games. Attack if you ask me is the least to blame. They were completley cut off. Mancini go back to the team that has won you the league. Because this right now looks like crap.

dajd1984 said:
I like the idea of having an alternative setup and trying out a 352 but lets do it against Sunderland and Southampton when we're ahead or hitting a brick wall continually, not against Champions League teams when we've already got a new CD partnership on show and a new CDM in front of them. Bad decisions tonight and I really hope thaese are the things Bobby meant in his post match interview with SKY. I totally disagree with him that we needed more speed and fight tonight. We needed more organisation. Dortmund werent leggin it all over the pitch, they were in control because they were so well disciplined.

Dzeko and Aguero both played well but had no connection with each other. Both ran along the same lines or into the same space so there was never any interplay between them. That alongside Nasri and Silva having wide responsibilities and 2 CDM we had nobody behind the forwards centrally on two many occassions to link with Yaya and Jack/Javi.

Agreed but we needed more speed going forward as well to open up the mid line they were forming which became more effective in the second half.

In saying that I have never seen us more disorganised in midfield and defense when we didn't have the ball.

They were able to waltz through our half with play that sides like Ajax and Porto and Chelsea would have been easily able to combat.

Re: Our home atmosphere tonight was pathetic.

GOATERS HEAD GROOVES said:
I was in block 110 tonight and we did manager to drown out one of their songs with the good old Uwe Uwe Rosler chant.

Wrong.. they were singing a song, and we latched onto their chant and started singing Uwe Rosler

I could still hear their version even though I was singing it myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.