City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

Ali Benarbia said:
de niro said:
pathetic. absolutly pathetic.

hey pellers read this.

DO NOT ROTATE IN THE FUCKING PREM. there will always be a bent ref or liner wanting to undo us.

title and pellers gone in one half of football.

First line is true.
Rotation is necessary.
Last line must take the prize for biggest and daftest over-reaction.

de niro is a known wum so i would take with a pinch of salt

LoveCity said:
I feel quite petty saying this but it really pissed me off.

Before the match Fanzone Danny and Jason Manford were mouthing off on the screen, being very patronising towards Burnley with the whole "aww, they'll try but we should win" shtick... while Burnley players (maybe subs) stood there listening (Burnley fans booed after it and I don't blame them... the whole 'pat them on the shoulder' patronising bollocks that we used to endure).

It doesn't excuse our performance but do we really need those two acting like arrogant rags + fans screaming "CITY WILL WIN 5-0!" on the big screen to motivate our opponents?

Rant over...
It was going on in the pre-match thread as well, as usual, with a call to stop being pessimistic...

Just got back. I'm normally the first on here to slate the fucking moaners, can't be arsed with it. I'll change my tune a bit today though, because despite our belting run, I'm utterly pissed with the fact we have blown a 2 goal lead. The way the game was going we should have been out of sight. I thought burnley were fucking excellent in the 2nd and fair digs to them for having a go, most teams would have gone under in that situation. Not blaming the officials. We carry the can ourselves, yes the first was a light year offside but its not an excuse we should have won that game. Simple as that.

However. 28 points from 30. Terrible luck with injuries. Chavs dropped points. We haven't lost any ground there. Bang in the title race.

We need to knuckle down now. Get it out of our system and heads up for sunderland. We can't be dropping any more points, not to this chavs team. They are far better than last year.

Pissed off with the way we gave away a 2 goal lead to Burnley if we were playing a half decent team we would have been found out earlier.

If Pellegrini comes out with too many games/hard on players shit he needs taking around a hospital and seeing hard graft by the nurses of this country.

Fair play to the six fingered brigade though as they came for a point and got it.

hilts said:
Ali Benarbia said:
de niro said:
pathetic. absolutly pathetic.

hey pellers read this.

DO NOT ROTATE IN THE FUCKING PREM. there will always be a bent ref or liner wanting to undo us.

title and pellers gone in one half of football.

First line is true.
Rotation is necessary.
Last line must take the prize for biggest and daftest over-reaction.

de niro is a known wum so i would take with a pinch of salt

True. He's acts as if it was a mistake to get rid of Mancini and bring Pellegrini in but he pulled the exact same thing with Hughes/Mancini. Slagged Mancini off for over a year and stated that Hughes could have done the same job. Now he suddenly loves Mancini like he did with Hughes. Very strange.

Very poor result that. Worse home record than both title winning seasons with half the games still to play.

Arrogance cost us today and anyone who wants Yaya out, watch that game again a and reassess your opinion because without him we have no control in midfield.

Poor performances today from the reliably wank Kolorov....Mangala, Milner, Hart and Fernando (where was he in the midfield?)

Add to that Jovetic who is just a waste of money and it was a bad day at the office.

Burnley deserved their point and could have won had they shown a bit more ambition in last 10 mins.

I saw enough today to see that we will struggle in January big games without Yaya.

Still we lost no ground and 9 wins in last 10 is a good return so put it down to bad day at the office and refocus.

Yeah it was offside and yeah we are still within touching distance of Chelsea. Bigger concern for me is this is just the latest in a series of performances over 2-3 years that the team just switches off if they perceive there's no challenge. We are undoubtedly a group of players who perform when they have to, but we wouldn't have to so often if they show more professionalism in these games.

Proper gutted about that second half capitulation - from the kick off we were fucking wondering around half arsed which resulted in a soft corner. The goal then put the wind in their sails, their fans were buzzing and the players knew there was something in it for them if they got at us - and fucking get at us they did. The amount of times we were beaten not only to the first ball but the second as well meant that there was only going to be one end result. Silly free kicks from professional footballers in dangerous areas is something I can't wrap my head around. Week after fucking week we do the same and today Burnley exploited it fully, they knew the left side was the way to go and fuck me did they utilise it.
Mandala and Kolorov were a disgrace. Defensively Kolorov is a liability at the best of times, but understand what he offers going forward, except it was clear early on that even that part of his game wasn't happening. As for Mangala, no excuses. His positioning, his lack of awareness and his all round defending gave his critics plenty to go at - he was awful.
Fuck all the people saying "that's football" I accept that sometimes results go against you, I can't accept a team fighting it out for the title passing up an opportunity to go within a point, bring down the GD and break records for most wins on the trot falling apart so easily.
Listening to the radio on the way back the general consensus was if we'd been offered the points we've gained over 10 games they'd snap your hands off... I'm sorry but you take each game and performance in isolation, and fucking 2-2 against Burnley at home is not good enough.

City Raider said:
Yeah it was offside and yeah we are still within touching distance of Chelsea. Bigger concern for me is this is just the latest in a series of performances over 2-3 years that the team just switches off if they perceive there's no challenge. We are undoubtedly a group of players who perform when they have to, but we wouldn't have to so often if they show more professionalism in these games.

Every team switch off now and then even the Bayerns, Madrids & Barcelonas of the world you notice it with City because you focus on every game it's called football you can't always be perfect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.