City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

mancity1 said:
Questy said:
de niro said:
pathetic. absolutly pathetic.

hey pellers read this.

DO NOT ROTATE IN THE FUCKING PREM. there will always be a bent ref or liner wanting to undo us.

title and pellers gone in one half of football.

Versus Palace Line Up.... Fernando for Yaya today

Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Silva (Lampard 68), Nasri (Sinclair 88), Milner (Fernando 81).

Versus West Brom Line Up.... 2 Full Backs Changed

Hart, Sagna, Mangala, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernando, Toure (C) (Fernandinho 68), Navas, Silva (Kolarov 62), Nasri (Lampard 74), Milner

So last 3 games we have seen rotations, we have seen very similar line ups and Yet nothing much said after Palace and West Brom game..

Usually the way the result first and foremost and the performance dictates the nature of the posts.

We were poor especially in the second half today.

We looked tired simple as so maybe thw West Brom game took a bit more out of us than we would think.

Hopefully we will correct the situation on Thursday with 90 minutes of football we know we are capable of producing.

anything less than 5-0 will not be acceptable.

We deserved everything we got there. We were utter shite!

Shit performances all over the pitch: Milner Mangala and Kolarov were especially dreadful. And Navas' end product was a joke!even though he was actually quite good overall, he just ruins all the good build up by some of the shite he puts in at the end, whether it be simple five yard passes to Zaba that are overhit, not taking the man on, taking up Zaba's space after he's sprinted forty yards to join him in an attack, or an inevitable shit cross. But he did do a lot of good things and he was way better than those other three I've mentioned. Nothing came off for Milner at all, he was a wasted player and today we really showed that we are lacking our two strikers. Not particularly James' fault; he's not a striker after all. Mangala was terrible. Naïvely falling for almost every enticing bit of play from their players which either saw him turned inside out or he gave a foul away. And Kolarov was atrocious!

Pelegrini "rests" Yaya when we have no strikers and no captain?! I'm afraid that's fucking appalling management! Unfortunately, as much as it would be lovely to give the big man a rest with us having a number of games in a two week period; with our current injury situation as it is, he has to be on the pitch. Everyone has to be going the extra mile at the moment due to the injuries. So forget rotation, forget fannying around, get the game won with the best we have available and then bring Yaya off. Fucking bobbins from the boss, that!

Credit to Burnley. They gave it a good go and sniffed out a soft arse side to us today. They took advantage of us pissing about with the team, then playing with no intensity, no desire, no direction, and they totally deserved a point out of that.

On that decision for their first: the linesman didn't have a clue what to do, he wasn't sure at all and unfortunately he did exactly the right thing because when you're not sure you're supposed to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team and he did. A video ref would have cleared that up in about five seconds! But it was very poor from the linesman in the first place, he wasn't looking at the right part of the play and found himself missing the moment when the ball was struck - shite concentration from someone whose job is to concentrate on exactly that situation. But, again, a video ref would have sorted that out in seconds!

Even so the way we played I could see Burnley scoring a few anyway. We were pathetic in that second half.

Fans should be ashamed of ourselves too. We were fucking embarrassingly quiet! Fucking shite. Even Silva was getting pissed off with the lack of support, trying to get the fans going when it was 2-1 with about fifteen to go. The bulk of the stadium is often shite but were especially shite today and the so called singing sections are appalling. Got to be one of the worst grounds for noise for these types of games now. Just shite!

Right, rant over, on to Sunderland!

Just another one here. The free kick for their 2nd goal, wasn't. Like I said earlier we carry the can because we have the people to beat the officials but it was another very fucking bent performance today. It was a 50/50 with zaba and he'd never shy away from one of those. Its on my side it was right fucking in front of me. Shocking decision

The law of averages (with us about to break the winning streak record and making it 5 years without winning at home after taking the lead) and the way that football goes (Chelsea and United slipping up) suggested that we were never going to win this game. Chin up. Half way through and 3 points behind. It's a marathon not a sprint. Our team will be fit soon.

80s Shorts said:
cityboy5 said:
We need to win games like these because I don't think we will win at Stamford Bridge or Anfield Road

We will beat the Chavs.
Give fabregas, hazard and Costa the space we gave Burnley and west brom and we'll get beaten.

Pablo1 said:
Proper gutted about that second half capitulation - from the kick off we were fucking wondering around half arsed which resulted in a soft corner. The goal then put the wind in their sails, their fans were buzzing and the players knew there was something in it for them if they got at us - and fucking get at us they did. The amount of times we were beaten not only to the first ball but the second as well meant that there was only going to be one end result. Silly free kicks from professional footballers in dangerous areas is something I can't wrap my head around. Week after fucking week we do the same and today Burnley exploited it fully, they knew the left side was the way to go and fuck me did they utilise it.
Mandala and Kolorov were a disgrace. Defensively Kolorov is a liability at the best of times, but understand what he offers going forward, except it was clear early on that even that part of his game wasn't happening. As for Mangala, no excuses. His positioning, his lack of awareness and his all round defending gave his critics plenty to go at - he was awful.
Fuck all the people saying "that's football" I accept that sometimes results go against you, I can't accept a team fighting it out for the title passing up an opportunity to go within a point, bring down the GD and break records for most wins on the trot falling apart so easily.
Listening to the radio on the way back the general consensus was if we'd been offered the points we've gained over 10 games they'd snap your hands off... I'm sorry but you take each game and performance in isolation, and fucking 2-2 against Burnley at home is not good enough.
I must have stumbled across knee jerk FM or even worse TalkSport. Yes I agree today was a poor result but the way we are playing is streets ahead of any other side.
Let's just let the media keep on the mourinho love in, it will just make it sweeter.we are winning this by 6 points MINIMUM

proy said:
Just another one here. The free kick for their 2nd goal, wasn't. Like I said earlier we carry the can because we have the people to beat the officials but it was another very fucking bent performance today. It was a 50/50 with zaba and he'd never shy away from one of those. Its on my side it was right fucking in front of me. Shocking decision

totally agree, which is why you play your big players, just incase you get a barmy ref. they have it in them to overcome that sort of shit.

super_city_si said:
80s Shorts said:
cityboy5 said:
We need to win games like these because I don't think we will win at Stamford Bridge or Anfield Road

We will beat the Chavs.
Give fabregas, hazard and Costa the space we gave Burnley and west brom and we'll get beaten.
Let a fit Aguero, Silva, and Nasri play to their best and Chelski will get beaten.

super_city_si said:
80s Shorts said:
cityboy5 said:

We will beat the Chavs.

That's assuming any one of them make it over the half way line.

This type of result has been on the cards since the opening day at Newcastle. We’ve got away with it on a number of occasions, but Burnley were well worth a point today.

Once again we started the second half slowly, looking limp, lethargic and lacklustre. Too many fancy flicks and complicated reverse passes,(and that was before Jovetic came on), too many unforced errors, and not for the first time, a lack of concentration from our goalkeeper. Too many needless fouls conceded and a general lack of leadership

We missed Yaya’s dependability and both Silva and Nasri were disappointing. Navas had a good first half, but otherwise there weren’t many positives.

We can still win the League, but my biggest fear is that we’re pinning all our hopes on the injured players being fit in a fortnight.

Recent history suggests that they will all break down again in February.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.