City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

yayas trusty right foot said:
Dont worry we will win the league..

We were bound to drop points soon and today was the day..

Now we start the next run..

We hope! Last time we took the opposition for granted in Moscow we went on a terrible run!

So 19 games done.

Chelsea brilliant. Just heard Twatrick Barclay say they could be the best team since well.... you guessed it Mou's double winning side.

And City have generally been patronized by the media. Poor defence of the league. poor defence full stop. One man team etc

And yet we are 3 points behind. God help Chelsea if they drop below their exalted standard and we start playing well!!

The reality is Chelsea are pretty decent, organized as you'd expect. But for me the weak link is Mourinho. Just watch him implode in the second part of the season as we overhaul them. He'll start telling the world how his own team is young, a work in progress etc etc

2bluejacko said:
I thought yaya was on 4 yellows??? He should have started today, bossed the game, killed them off 2nd half then late on, kick the ball away or tug a claret shirt back etc etc, get his 5th yellow, and ban out of the way against Sunderland before he flies off to Africa. Terrible decision to rest him today that could cost us
Think today was the cut off for 5 bookings for a ban

Thoroughly pissed off, but once again I cannot imagine we would of dropped points if the officials had actually done their job. Miles offside, not even a difficult call as it wasn't one of those where the attack and defence are moving in different directions, he was just a yard offisde. I'm sure the beaten wives section of our support will claim that once again that we deserved to have poor officiating screw us over as we played poorly, but that's just bullshit that we shouldn't put up with. Our rivals frequently play shit but get bailed out by poor decisions in their favour, we shouldn't just accept poor decisions against us as being somehow justice for us playing badly.

If they don't score at the start of the second half, I think we cruise that game, we were fine untill that point. Joe Hart can't exactly be pleased with jumping over the ball either, even if it was offside. Once they got the goal, they had their tails up and we started to put ourselves under pressure with some really poor play and it looked like playing without a striker finally caught up to us, with poor Jimmy having a bit of a stinker and Nasri not showing half the determination and bottle that he had done in the previous couple of games. If I'm being kind, I think we've worn ourselves out having to put in so much effort compensating for our lack of a striker, as all our attacking players bar Navas looked knackered in the second half.

Kolarov put in a solid 0/10 performance as well, needs a special mention.

I thought Burnley played well .
I do think we looked a bit knackered today .we were well off the pace in that 2nd half .Anyway not too worried even though we dropped 2 points .
Spine of our team was out today .
I wonder how Mourinho would cope with that . Say Terry ,Hazard, Fabergas , and Costa were out . Anyway we will bounce back !!!

moon said:
2bluejacko said:
I thought yaya was on 4 yellows??? He should have started today, bossed the game, killed them off 2nd half then late on, kick the ball away or tug a claret shirt back etc etc, get his 5th yellow, and ban out of the way against Sunderland before he flies off to Africa. Terrible decision to rest him today that could cost us
Think today was the cut off for 5 bookings for a ban
Cheers pal, IMO Should definitely of started then!!! When does he fly out? Needed to win today not worry about the Sunderland game...

We had a bad game, every team will have them, we are just lucky that everyone around us drew aswell, some players looked knackered today and it showed in the second half...

also can't remember Kolarov having a game that bad in a long time, was awful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.