City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

Pablo1 said:
Chippy_boy said:
Mister Appointment said:
If it's any consolation I find the "it's pathetic/shit/unacceptable" brigade equally tiresome and it's true most of you sound like undercover rags. Your "look at me" "10 consecutive wins" thread stank of raggy behaviour. You even put an emoticon in the thread title. Not five minutes after the final whistle.

Even an emoticon??? My God that's just terrible.

Perhaps it was because I was a bit pissed off (and pissed for that matter). And the "raggy" comments bollocks, jesus, I've been a supporter for 49 years - how long have you?
Being pissed off with yesterday is perfectly acceptable, as is having a little rant on a message board for city fans set up to discuss all things City - strange but true.
We've been told for six years now by some that we're no longer "ickle City" and as a fan base have to stop behaving like that. Well that's fair enough, I know I've had to change my mindset as a blue over recent years. I grew up going to watch us throughout the 90's when we had fuck all to be cheerful about on the pitch, so instead we learnt to laugh at ourselves, enjoy the day and be grateful we weren't Utd fans whatever the result.
They were great times, admittedly because I was in my late teens and early 20's having a whale of a time before life's responsibilities really kicked in.
These days are different though, I absolutely love where we are as a club both on and off the pitch, watching us nowadays is a privilege, fighting it out for trophies every year, playing sublime football in a fantastic stadium which is about to become even better and being secure as a club for the first time in decades, it's fucking wonderful.
With that comes higher expectations though, which in fairness we're matching on a regular basis.
That's why I was a bit pissed off with yesterday. Not so much the fact it was 2-2 because that happens, more so in the manner it finished like that. There can be no excuses for throwing away a 2-0 lead the way we did, from the first few seconds of the half we were sluggish, giving away a needless corner which eventually led to the goal. I know it was offside and I know overall the standard of refereeing was abject, but it was our own problems that were our undoing more than anything else. we put ourselves under pressure with misplaced passing, silly free kicks in dangerous areas and a left hand sided defence that struggled to get to grips with what was taking place before them.
We could, and should be waking up today a point behind Chelsea with a better goal difference but we let them off the hook. There's still a long way to go and I still feel we will win the league but days like yesterday are few and far between in regards to catching them, we have to capitalise when they drop points.
I appreciate everyone of us has a different outlook, and sometimes I wish dropped points didn't piss me off so much, especially when I know before a ball is kicked in August that there will be weekends like this.
Anyway, today is another day and I look forward to getting back on track against Sunderland.

The Quality players that grace that pitch each week should be enough in itself to dispense with this tag and what I call Small club mentality, but fuck me listening to fans yesterday say that dreaded old proverbial Typical City Pissed me right off.
Someone posted a City TV link on youtube, speaking to fans leaving outside the ground and the presenter on that even said it...
Thought the Aguero moment would of dispensed with these ideals, for that was the day we arrived and should of dispelled with that Media fed old tag against our club but people keep rolling it out. Just wish they would stop living in the past we are the Champions of England and that second half standard of performance was not acceptable for a club of our stature..

PS Never thought I would be saying things like this 30 odd years ago, but I guess you have to move with the times as they say..

Maureen, saying officials and managers have it in for his team?? Wrong team you fucking idiot. He would be mid table now if they had the shit dished out to us week in week out by dodgy officiating..

Found the link [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duIxPfkSmlg[/video]

Stop fucking saying it then would of been the answer..

Mister Appointment said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
Mister Appointment said:
Aren't they just.
They're not really here.

If only they weren't really here.
The difference here is PB is calling out an obvious rag whilst you're concentrating on posters who are obviously blues but who have a different opinion to you.

Another 2 goal lead chucked away Chelsea dropping points ref fucked us over bad day all round. Long way to go though and City wouldn't be City if we did it the easy way, this would be boring and we don't do boring

Prestwich_Blue said:
butty69 said:
So disappointed that I have made my first post in 2 years!!
Can anybody tell me why this team only gets motivated when we fall behind or are under pressure. Pelli has no idea how to motivate this team of overpaid pre-madonnas. Second half was hard to watch. I agree that we have been riding our luck last few games but the biggest mistake is allowing Pelli to buy that totally consistent shite of Mandela.... But we are stuck with him cos paying all this money and admitting a mistake is too much to expect from this guy.
In summary I think we will win the league by luck and nothing to do with the manager........
You joined this forum on May 10 2011.

4 days later we won the FA Cup, our first major trophy in over 35 years. Yet you didn't post.
We won the league in one of the most dramatic climaxes ever seen in football the following season. Yet you didn't post.
The next season we again got to the FA Cup Final, came second in the league and Mancini was dramatically sacked. Yet you still didn't post.
Last season, for the first time in our history, we won a league and cup double. Yet not a peep from you.

Yet we draw 2-2 with Burnley and up you pop. You people are so transparent.
I personally enjoyed his idea of "pre-madonnas", presumably being people who were doing the madonna thing way before it was cool? Not knowing Mangala's name is another clear sign of a Man City expert (although I would agree that paying big money for Mandela would of been a mistake, given his recent death)

Pablo1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
They're not really here.

The difference here is PB is calling out an obvious rag whilst you're concentrating on posters who are obviously blues but who have a different opinion to you.

Or maybe I've just got a much better rag radar than the average poster. :)

Gaylord du Bois said:
Pablo1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Oh no he's not!
He's behind you..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.