City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
sam-caddick said:
Andouble said:
Really don't like the rumours of resting key players, especially with that midweek game off.

We aren't winning the CL, but very good chance of FA cup.

I don't get why many think this, this team was built to win the European Cup, not the FA Cup.

I believe we are good enough, and I think we have a coach who is good enough.

Who would have thought Dortmund at the start of last season would get to the final when they came bottom of a group consisting of Arsenal (albeit a top side), Olympiacos and Marseille the season before.

It only seems to be City fans who rubbish this team going all the way whilst many top pundits and opposition fans think we can.

Bloody hell has someone hack your account Sam! That has to be the most positive post you have ever made on here

haha, if we turn up i think we have a chance.

we have the team so why not.

sam-caddick said:
Ducado said:
sam-caddick said:
I don't get why many think this, this team was built to win the European Cup, not the FA Cup.

I believe we are good enough, and I think we have a coach who is good enough.

Who would have thought Dortmund at the start of last season would get to the final when they came bottom of a group consisting of Arsenal (albeit a top side), Olympiacos and Marseille the season before.

It only seems to be City fans who rubbish this team going all the way whilst many top pundits and opposition fans think we can.

Bloody hell has someone hack your account Sam! That has to be the most positive post you have ever made on here

Your my favourite pessimist on here Sam ;-)

To me it's how many of the injured players get a game, because we have suffered without them anyone of them can make a huge difference, but we will see, I am sure the team will want to win this game as much as they want to win any game

Blackcrowes said:
My philosophy is to play every game like its your last. Beating Chelsea would put everyone in the winning mentality going into the Barca game. Loosing with a weakened team v Chelski might actually damage our chances against Barca - Stuffing Mourinho is also a priority for me - I would love to see Pellegrini punching the air in victory - we could then sign our new song <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLExErglm0A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLExErglm0A</a>

terrible terrible song mate .<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:02 am --<br /><br />
TrueBlue1705 said:
Too many people letting heart rule head on this wanting to stuff Moanrinho. Barca is Priority on Tuesday, I would rest as many key players as possible ....

why rest players ?

are barcelona resting their players ? I don't think so.

Alright lads <nods>

Thought I'd stay away after last 10 days or so. I know this place can get after big defeats. But, when Chelsea and Arsenal drew, I figured the place will have calmed down :)

(Not that anyone'd miss me or anything, haha)

I feel like we should take this one. the players have a point to prove after last fixture and it would be very unlucky to have another 'bad day at the office' coinciding with Chelsea 'great day at the office.'

Without Fernandinho's mobility and anticipation, I reckon if we play two men in the engine room, they will win the midfield battle again, which will not be good, so we should play with three in the centre instead.

I hope he fields a strong side. We've had the luxury of not playing mid-week, so hopefully that will come into consideration too, and not just the Barca game in the near future.

xenon_ said:
Alright lads <nods>

Thought I'd stay away after last 10 days or so. I know this place can get after big defeats. But, when Chelsea and Arsenal drew, I figured the place will have calmed down :)

(Not that anyone'd miss me or anything, haha)

I feel like we should take this one. the players have a point to prove after last fixture and it would be very unlucky to have another 'bad day at the office' coinciding with Chelsea 'great day at the office.'

Without Fernandinho's mobility and anticipation, I reckon if we play two men in the engine room, they will win the midfield battle again, which will not be good, so we should play with three in the centre instead.

I hope he fields a strong side. We've had the luxury of not playing mid-week, so hopefully that will come into consideration too, and not just the Barca game in the near future.

chelsea didn't win the midfield battle. they pretty much conceded the midfield.

Ducado said:
sam-caddick said:
Ducado said:

Your my favourite pessimist on here Sam ;-)

To me it's how many of the injured players get a game, because we have suffered without them anyone of them can make a huge difference, but we will see, I am sure the team will want to win this game as much as they want to win any game

Haha, cheers mate :p

I agree with what you have said mate.

He has to beat Chelsea at least once, especially as a draw is pretty bad in this match, while losing 3 times to them would give lot of mental power to them. Cant see us beating Barca with the previous 3 matches being 2 losses and an awful draw potentially 3 matches without scoring...

But both matches will be down to tactics. With wrong tactics we have no chance to win any of them. With great tactics its still possible to lose but at least we wont play in to their hands.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Too many people letting heart rule head on this wanting to stuff Moanrinho. Barca is Priority on Tuesday, I would rest as many key players as possible ....

100% disagree. As much as we think we are the dogs bollocks and are playing the best football to be seen, with the squad we currently have, our aspirations for this year have to be domestic only I'm afraid.

We will not win CL this year (I believe we will win it in another year or two), but to go from a defensive outfit to an attacking outft in one season, under new management is too big an ask.

Beat Chavs and we have a 2nd potential trip to the Smoke.

Lose to the Chavs and momentum & confidence against Barca will be gone.

Saying it as I see it and I know the forum is split on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.