City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From sky - so probably wrong -

Manchester City manager Pellegrini has a number of injury concerns to contend with ahead of their FA Cup showdown with Chelsea.
The City boss will be left to sweat on the availability of Matija Nastasic (knee), Javi Garcia (muscle strain) and Samir Nasri (knee).

Chelsea manager Mourinho will be without the centre-back partnership of Gary Cahill and John Terry when they travel to the Etihad Stadium.
Cahill is waiting to discover how long he faces on the sidelines, having sustained a calf injury, while Terry could return next weekend following a muscular strain.

Good news about Terry & Cahill if accurate.

Eastlander said:
I would go with Kolorov on the left, and keep fingers crossed Dzeko could get on the end of some crosses.

If Garcia is not fit, I would swap to Milner, then Milner to Navas.

I think we have better chance of progressing to the Final in the FA Cup than CL -

Hart

Zab, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy

Yaya, Navas/Milner

Milner/Navas, Jovetic, Kolorov

Dzeko

Kolarov can't play left wing

Eastlander said:
From sky - so probably wrong -

Manchester City manager Pellegrini has a number of injury concerns to contend with ahead of their FA Cup showdown with Chelsea.
The City boss will be left to sweat on the availability of Matija Nastasic (knee), Javi Garcia (muscle strain) and Samir Nasri (knee).

Chelsea manager Mourinho will be without the centre-back partnership of Gary Cahill and John Terry when they travel to the Etihad Stadium.
Cahill is waiting to discover how long he faces on the sidelines, having sustained a calf injury, while Terry could return next weekend following a muscular strain.

Good news about Terry & Cahill if accurate.

If I had a penny every time Terry was ruled out of a game by Chelsea in the run up to the weekend to then magically recover I'd be a very rich man....

mansour's tow ropes said:
Eastlander said:
I would go with Kolorov on the left, and keep fingers crossed Dzeko could get on the end of some crosses.

I think we have better chance of progressing to the Final in the FA Cup than CL -

Hart

Yaya, Navas/Milner

Dzeko

I think Kolarov playing left wing is the least of our worries when he's got Navas playing holding midfield :)

Would go for it in this game. Pellegrini tries to win every game we play, he is able to get a good performance out of the side even when key players are missing. Fernandinho is usually central to that, helping turn defence to attack. I think we should play a more unorthodox system just to try it out;

------------------Pantilimon
Richards----Kompany---Lescott---Clichy

----------------Rodwell-----Milner
------------------------Yaya
Navas-------------------------------Jovetic
-----------------------Dzeko

Bring on Nasri/Garcia if possible and give Demichelis a run out. The fact is players can get injured in any situation and you cannot protect them forever. If a key player was injured in this game then i wont say after it we should have rested them. This is a game we want to win to keep up morale and dent Chelsea's. It will then turn the stats against them in terms of saying "failed to win their last two in all comps", rather than an unwanted failure to win in the last three, and losing two consecutive at home tag we will get. All about confidence for the Barca game.

That side can win and also will give us some weight in midfield. Give Silva a game instead of Jovetic, but I wouldnt play them both unless you replace Rodwell with Yaya and Jovetic plays in the hole. They both seemed to slow play down a bit whereas playing one of them with Yaya further forward will give us some more pace, direction and urgency. It is why Nasri is so good for us, he adds a bit of pace and width whereas Silva will always look to bring the ball more centrally.

Nasri and Garcia back in the squad. Good to get some more bodies back. Nasri in the last 20-30 mins as a sub could be the game changer. I'd say both teams will be defensive so hoping we can nick a goal early and take it from there.

nasri (especially) and garcia are giant boosts! now if fernandinho and aguero are fit for barca we can play our entire first team

mansour's tow ropes said:
Eastlander said:

Hart

Yaya, Navas/Milner

Dzeko

Agree - Kolly fantastic when overlapping at pace, not half as good when already too far forward with standing start

munster said:
If I had a penny every time Terry was ruled out of a game by Chelsea in the run up to the weekend to then magically recover I'd be a very rich man....

John Terry has played 411 games for Chelsea. Lets assume that EVERY GAME he was ruled out by Chelsea and then recovered. Lets also assume that EVERY GAME was in the run up to the weekend. EVEN GIVEN THIS, if you had a penny every time, you would have collected £4.11. So you would NOT be a very rich man. Please get your facts straight before engaging in such hyperbolic nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.