City vs. Chelsea Pre-Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image003.png

http://soccerlens.com/messi-number-1/91022/

May have been asked and answered but I am working away - is this on TV and what channel?

Ta

Airbags Optional said:
May have been asked and answered but I am working away - is this on TV and what channel?

Ta
Bookmark this site:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/214266/manchester-city-vs-chelsea/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/21426 ... s-chelsea/</a>

Tells you what channel everything is on for whatever country you live in.

Would we say this is one of if not the most important games of the season? It feels really make or break for me, if we win this then i have a feeling we will go on a roll. If we lose then, to me, our season is a loss or a draw from being over

ban-mcfc said:
God game lover said:
ban-mcfc said:
those 2 midgets are the best forwards we've got, i reckon you're a dzeko fan. pizarro has had one poor game since arriving against sporting and even then he sent mario clean through where he slipped. and big strong chelsea defence? luiz and cahill will probably start and i'd definitely not describe that as a "big strong defence".

so shush.

Dzeko fan????? I am fan of all our player, but two midgets hahahahahaha??? No way mate, just is not going to work :-( Aguerro is fit, but he must play either Balo either Dzeko if Manchini want some goals. Wit two "midgets" we will not score and we can play with them till tomorrow.
And for me Tevez can just f**k of from club he humiliated. Also he is not the best striker. Maybe he is better than Aguerro, but better then Balo and Dzeko - hahahahahaha.
An also for this "Dzeko fan????" You are a Tevez fan???? If that's even a accuse.

look at these attacking giants

FA11_Replica_Barcelona_Team_f_cmyk.jpg

you don't need tall players to score goals. dzeko and balotelli are shit in the air anyway so what's the point??

you clearly have no idea what you're on about. do you seriously think tevez is better than aguero but worse than dzeko and balotelli??

aguero>>>>balotelli>>>>dzeko.

WRONG! Your wingers are shit when it comes to crosses. Actually, they are not that bad (example: Kolarov), but Mancini's tactics puts the crosses in the background. Therefore, most of the crosses come at the point when the opponent players are already well positioned.

I am pretty sure that Balo can score with his head. As for Dzeko, he was a nightmare for every defence in Bundesliga and also in the matches for the national squad, when we talk about scoring with head.

I have thought about this for a while, and believe we must control the game with our passing, to give us the best chance of winning. This is the underlying thinking behind how to deploy the players.

Goalkeeper
Joe Hart in goal. No explanation warranted.

Defense
The back 4 is pretty set. Same as Sporting barring a Clichy for Kolarov switch (rest and speedy attacker to contend with demands this change). Micah is the biggest worry here. If his habits from the Sporting game persists then we will be in trouble down his flank. He was piss poor against Sporting. No defensive positioning whatsoever. He played RB as if he was a RF. Abysmal discipline. Had little regard for his primary job, Just sat up near the Sporting defense line even when the ball was in our half with the CD's or had switched to Kola's side. Simply unacceptable from a player of his calibre. Hope Platt and Mancini had a good talk with him after reviewing the tapes. But Micah is talent, so he'll start. Zab is just back from injury, expect him on the bench. CD picks itself. We only have 2.

Midfield and Attack (Complicated. Lots of factors to consider)
When we play only 2 midfielders Yaya drops deep and is not as effective offensively. Thus, in order to use our current most in-form player (Yaya) in the best possible position (AM), we must play 2 CMs behind him so he can play as the AM. The 2 likely to give us the best balance of ball possession and a higher chance of winning are Pizzaro and Barry. But Barry's health and the shaky chemistry of our CDs might have De Jong on the radar. I think if we go with 3 in the middle, De Jong is a bad decision, but I can see the reasoning. He was good at Sporting, and his defense is his strenght. But then it has to be with Pizzaro and not Barry.

Our other concern is neutralizing strenghts. Chelsea's being the Mata/Cole combo. This need might see us starting Milner wide right.

Another complication is the impending return of Tevez. It is almost certain he will make the bench. And if he does, this means 2 strikers will start. As Mancini will not have 3 strikers on the bench. Thus if 2 strikers start then we either have a 442 (Strikers will be Dzeko and Aguero) or 4231 (Strikers will be Balo and Aguero) with Balo playing wide left.

However the other consideration that may come into play, is starting Milner on the right to Neutralize the Mata/Cole strength of Chelsea/ if Milner starts wide right (The only position I can see him getting a start) then we will have to lose one of the mids in the middle coz Yaya will have to drop to CM to accommodate the 2nd striker Tevez's inclusion on the bench has pushed onto the field. Which means we will go with a 442 and not a 4231.

So here are alll the possible permutations O can see based on the considerations
1, My personal favorite (Best Team)
Hart
Micah Kolo Savic Clichy.
Pizzaro Barry
Silva..Yaya..Balotelli
Aguero

2. The Mata/Tevez Factor
This values possession over fear of CD frailty, yet hedges by giving support to Neutralizing CFC strong side combo of Mata/Cole. Good, but Yaya is slighly less influential. And we need to hope Sliva is on top form. Less desirable in my opinion. Plus Tevez on the bench forcing a 442
Hart
Micah Kolo Savic Clichy
Milner Yaya Barry Silva
Aguero Dzeko

3) The CD Factor
Fear of CD fraility is given precedence. So De Jong in But Yaya is put in his most likely best position. This might be better than my best team if De Jong plays well offensively too. But if he is simply there only for defense. Then Yaya will drop deeper and it will have been pointless having him at AM. Might be a cracking lineup with Pizza pulling strings deep next to the terrier.
Hart
Micah Kolo Savic Clichy
Pizzaro De Jong
Silva Yaya Balotelli
Aguero

4) The Keeping it tight Factor.
Helping both the CDs with De Jong and the left with Milner, and Tevez's presence forcing 2 strikers on the field to start. Using my PDE formula, I reckon this will be a poor possesion team for us. And I hope the worries of defensive frailties does not force us into this Combo. But it is a likely permutation.
Hart
Micah Kolo Savic Clichy
Milner Yaya De Jong Silva
Aguero Dzeko

I really think any other permutation will involve too much risK. I expect to see one of these 4 permutations tonight.

Analysis over! Just Win Baby!!!

ban-mcfc said:
God game lover said:
ban-mcfc said:
those 2 midgets are the best forwards we've got, i reckon you're a dzeko fan. pizarro has had one poor game since arriving against sporting and even then he sent mario clean through where he slipped. and big strong chelsea defence? luiz and cahill will probably start and i'd definitely not describe that as a "big strong defence".

so shush.

Dzeko fan????? I am fan of all our player, but two midgets hahahahahaha??? No way mate, just is not going to work :-( Aguerro is fit, but he must play either Balo either Dzeko if Manchini want some goals. Wit two "midgets" we will not score and we can play with them till tomorrow.
And for me Tevez can just f**k of from club he humiliated. Also he is not the best striker. Maybe he is better than Aguerro, but better then Balo and Dzeko - hahahahahaha.
An also for this "Dzeko fan????" You are a Tevez fan???? If that's even a accuse.

you don't need tall players to score goals. dzeko and balotelli are shit in the air anyway so what's the point??

you clearly have no idea what you're on about. do you seriously think tevez is better than aguero but worse than dzeko and balotelli??

Those attacking giants play together from pioneer ages. They play in Spanish league - where everybody is small. If your logic's have sense then put all defense players shorter then 1.60 meter. maybe you wouldn't receive any goals. I keep asking myself "Why managers even bought big players when they have plenty of small and they are cheaper for the club (they eat less and they need smaller rooms)". Aguerro is a shit without Dzeko - prove - game against Sporting. Where he was in the 1-st half? Did he play anyway?

God game lover said:
ban-mcfc said:
God game lover said:

Those attacking giants play together from pioneer ages. They play in Spanish league - where everybody is small. If your logic's have sense then put all defense players shorter then 1.60 meter. maybe you wouldn't receive any goals. I keep asking myself "Why managers even bought big players when they have plenty of small and they are cheaper for the club (they eat less and they need smaller rooms)". Aguerro is a shit without Dzeko - prove - game against Sporting. Where he was in the 1-st half? Did he play anyway?
You're one thick ****, Aguero and Balotelli is a much better partnership than Aguero & Dzeko.

Blue Smarties said:
God game lover said:
ban-mcfc said:

You're one thick ****, Aguero and Balotelli is a much better partnership than Aguero & Dzeko.

Evidence please. How many Aguerro scored when he plays with Balo and how many when he play with Dzeko? Maybe they look fancy together on the pitch both running toward ball and look like playboys with stupid T-shirts and idiotic haircuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.