City Vs Chelsea Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart said:
Citizenhill said:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy; Yaya, Garcia; Milner, Aguero, Silva; Dzeko.
How I hope we line up, there's question marks over Barry over his game against Saints, but its a stick up between him and Garcia. An argument for Tevez's work rate could put him ahead of Dzeko possibly, but Aguero needs to be starting no questions.
Doesn't Tevez have a good goal-scoring record against Chelsea? He must start alongside Silva and Aguero. Unfortunately, Chelsea have an infinitely better defence than Leeds Utd and have a pretty good goalkeeper too. As a reult, I simply don't see us scoring more than once. On the other hand, Mata and Lampard are scoring goals willy nilly. I genuinely fear the worst. A draw would be a good result on current form, maintaining our push for second place. Deep down inside, I suspect Mancini may have the same opinion. Sorry guys.
Not like you to predict us not winning a match lionheart..

Tevez combines well with Aguero, but he doesn't remotely look like scoring goals

With the insanity that is the Chelsea midfield I say we go three at the back if Kompany is fit.

Hart
Kolo Kompany Nasty
Zab Milner Garcia(Rodwell) Kolarov
Silva
Dzeko Aguero

Clearly I should never become a manager...

The cookie monster said:
lionheart said:
Doesn't Tevez have a good goal-scoring record against Chelsea? He must start alongside Silva and Aguero. Unfortunately, Chelsea have an infinitely better defence than Leeds Utd and have a pretty good goalkeeper too. As a reult, I simply don't see us scoring more than once. On the other hand, Mata and Lampard are scoring goals willy nilly. I genuinely fear the worst. A draw would be a good result on current form, maintaining our push for second place. Deep down inside, I suspect Mancini may have the same opinion. Sorry guys.
Not like you to predict us not winning a match lionheart..
Like I said, a draw against Chelsea is not such a bad result.

This might be harsh, but please no Nasri. He is fantastic when he gives his all, but rarely does unless he has something to prove.

Marvin said:
Tevez combines well with Aguero, but he doesn't remotely look like scoring goals

Think that's because he's now in a playmaker role?
10 goals and 8 assists overall this season..comparatively Silva is 7 goals and 10 assists overall.

As long as he is assisting Aguero in scoring goals, I'm happy..

lionheart said:
Citizenhill said:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Clichy; Yaya, Garcia; Milner, Aguero, Silva; Dzeko.
How I hope we line up, there's question marks over Barry over his game against Saints, but its a stick up between him and Garcia. An argument for Tevez's work rate could put him ahead of Dzeko possibly, but Aguero needs to be starting no questions.

You fear for thr worse every week. Fearing for the worse is what you do.

CaliBoy said:
--------------------------------------Hart-------------------------------------------

Zab--------------------Vinny--------------------Nasty----------------------Clichy

---------------------------Milner-------------Barry-------------------------------

---------Tevez-------------------Y. Toure---------------------Silva---------------

-------------------------------------Aguero-----------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind seeing Nasri in place of place of Milner, as I think he could link up well with the midfield, but then we are not nearly as strong defensively. Barry had a bad game, but has been solid all season. I'd like to see him redeem himself against Chelski.

This is the one I'd go for too, aren't Barry and Kompany injured though?

Without wishing to be set upon by the Bluemoon hounds from hell, there may be a case for Nasri's inclusion in this game.

Roberto has a penchant for left field selections, and Nasri scored a scintillating winning goal against them last season. It's a little bit like horses for courses, Nasri might actually give 100% against their little midfield, and his ball retention might come in handy.

Just food for thought given the unpredictability of Mancini's selections. If he did come in it might be at the expense of Tevez. There is no way I would want to weaken the defence and displace Milner.

Also in this game I can't see Garcia playing against their mobile,fast players. He wouldn't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.