City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo1 said:
zola said:
Pablo1 said:
But you're not talking about the points that originally riled a few of us up are you? You came on and told us that we were getting things all our own way and had been lucky with referee decisions, then when having been asked to explain the ones that had gone against us you decided to change tac and go down the 'you're as bad as your neighbours' nonsense. Come on, you can do it, even if you think I'm wrong at least let me sleep tonight having got an answer from you. Thanks

So are you saying that of all what Mourinho said the only thing that riled you was that you've had the rub of the green lately ? Not so bad then.

Don't watch you close enough to comment on 90 minutes of every game to know about every decision can only see the ones highlighted and they went your way at key moments. Perhaps some were debatable but they fell your way, that's football, when other refs wouldn't have given them the key being is they happened at game changing times.
But the handball was in the first half which would have made it 2-0 to us at half time. We'd have come out even stronger in the second half from that advantage. The Newcastle one had it been allowed would more than likely left us without having to play against a team/support that thought they'd be aggrieved and a referee determined to even it out. I've no doubt we'd have gone onto win that game. Mourinho didn't rile me one bit, not arsed about what he has to say. It was your attitude to City fans on our own forum that I responded to.

But the fact is the way most on here rant about Jose he clearly is under a lot of peoples skins.

zola said:
Pablo1 said:
zola said:
Listen to yourself you're saying how you had to put up with "Gloating gloryhunting rags" can you not see how many of you are turning into the same thing you used to despise. If you actually read what I have written and not just gone all defensive/abusive you'd see I'd not said anything particularly bad.
But you're not talking about the points that originally riled a few of us up are you? You came on and told us that we were getting things all our own way and had been lucky with referee decisions, then when having been asked to explain the ones that had gone against us you decided to change tac and go down the 'you're as bad as your neighbours' nonsense. Come on, you can do it, even if you think I'm wrong at least let me sleep tonight having got an answer from you. Thanks

So are you saying that of all what Mourinho said the only thing that riled you was that you've had the rub of the green lately ? Not so bad then.

Don't watch you close enough to comment on 90 minutes of every game to know about every decision can only see the ones highlighted and they went your way at key moments. Perhaps some were debatable but they fell your way, that's football, when other refs wouldn't have given them the key being is they happened at game changing times.

See by that statement you have just lost the argument and proved how a biased media can swing people's opinions against us.As others have said we should have had a penalty for the juggling in the area against Spurs and Newcastle should have had two players sent off if the ref hadn't bottled it.These things were conveniantly forgotten.

At Newcastle there were THREE players standing in an offside position,one of who ducked out of the flight of the ball.Dawson and Adebayor were both offside,Adebayor flicking the ball on with his head and the free kick came from a blatant dive prior to that.Spurs goal Zabaleta was shoved over.The penalty he was tugging his arm and clattered him,but yes he got a toe on the ball as well.

zola said:
Pablo1 said:
zola said:

But the handball was in the first half which would have made it 2-0 to us at half time. We'd have come out even stronger in the second half from that advantage. The Newcastle one had it been allowed would more than likely left us without having to play against a team/support that thought they'd be aggrieved and a referee determined to even it out. I've no doubt we'd have gone onto win that game. Mourinho didn't rile me one bit, not arsed about what he has to say. It was your attitude to City fans on our own forum that I responded to.

But the fact is the way most on here rant about Jose he clearly is under a lot of peoples skins.

I'm all for oppo fans coming on expressing their views. However I think you've said enough now and basically hijacked our thread. "Will no mod rid me of this meddlesome Zola?"

Bluep*ss said:
zola said:
mac said:
Hello Zola where we're you when you were fighting it out for the div 2 title with the likes of city.shit club with glory hunters.10 k a game back then.

Go find the Chelsea thread that explains everything for you....do you remember Chelsea taking over 8000 to City twice in the 80's when we were shit ?
God do you believe everything from the 80's. You did not "bring" 8000 to Maine Road in the 80's. I am guessing you mean Cup Ties / - not true mate. I'll give you 4000 twice.
Think they brought big numbers when they beat us 3-2 in division 2 plus when they won promotion i would say there were well over 8000

Burtonblue said:
I think we should stop trading insults with Chelsea fans.
Zola has his points of view and although we may not agree with them he is entitled to them. We City fans are unlikely to change his belief through argument.
I do take exception to being labelled an arrogant lot. I think Zola may interpret the excitement running thorough our veins in view of the exceptional quality of football we have been treated to over the last few months as arrogance.
It isn't Zola. For us it is a long awaited joy to be a able to finally see our club compete at the top level.
I have watched City for over 40 years now and arrogance is not a trait of our fans. Doubtless we will attract our share of glory hunters as all top clubs do (including Chelsea) but to single us out as arrogant just cos we are threatening to be successful is crass and to come onto this forum to wind us up is not on.
Anyway, hope we smash you on Monday!

Thing is I wasn't on a wind up I just posted what Jose had said, the vast majority complimentary about City, and said I couldn't see what was the problem was. Apparently that was enough for some to go into full idiot mode as the rabid hatred of Jose spewed out.

Gloryhunters is par for the course and clearly I understand you want to smash us and I clearly hope you lose.

zola said:
Pablo1 said:
zola said:

Well he's a bit of a dick isn't he? Great manager and there was a time I'd have loved him here. This seasons showing from him goes to prove the old saying 'be careful what you wish for' is true. He's lost his magic and gone from interesting to desperate. Like I said though, as long as the media carry on as if he's the master of mind games there'll be plenty who lap it up. Us on the other hand will quietly go about our business - which so far has been smashing teams by playing some of the best football seen on these shores for a long time. Think you'll find we're a pretty happy bunch overall.

paulchapo said:
zola said:
Pablo1 said:

See by that statement you have just lost the argument and proved how a biased media can swing people's opinions against us.As others have said we should have had a penalty for the juggling in the area against Spurs and Newcastle should have had two players sent off if the ref hadn't bottled it.These things were conveniantly forgotten.

At Newcastle there were THREE players standing in an offside position,one of who ducked out of the flight of the ball.Dawson and Adebayor were both offside,Adebayor flicking the ball on with his head and the free kick came from a blatant dive prior to that.Spurs goal Zabaleta was shoved over.The penalty he was tugging his arm and clattered him,but yes he got a toe on the ball as well.

Biased Media ? perhaps in favour of United because anything we do we are seen as the enemies of football so am used to that. If you don't see the 90 minutes you can only go on clips, you'd be lying if you at some point hadn't said that refs were biased in favour of United or Chelsea, not because you'd seen the 90 minutes but because of clips and talking points.

-- Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 pm --

robinhood CITY said:
Bluep*ss said:
zola said:
Go find the Chelsea thread that explains everything for you....do you remember Chelsea taking over 8000 to City twice in the 80's when we were shit ?
God do you believe everything from the 80's. You did not "bring" 8000 to Maine Road in the 80's. I am guessing you mean Cup Ties / - not true mate. I'll give you 4000 twice.
Think they brought big numbers when they beat us 3-2 in division 2 plus when they won promotion i would say there were well over 8000

Thanks for confirming a few other City lads on another thread also confirmed, it's not an attack on City so not sure why some or so keen to pretend it never happened.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:01 pm --<br /><br />I'll leave you lads in peace now and even though some of you have got a little carried away I'll stick with my thoughts that if we don't win it, which I don't think we will, I hope you lot do as it would be well deserved.

zola said:
Pablo1 said:
zola said:

Zola do you mean most who commented on the thread or most on Bluemoon or most City fans.

Who are you really pointing the finger at IMO is (without counting) possibly 2 dozen at most.
As for my two penneth, i think Mourinho is a despicable ****, not for what he`s said or will say about City but by what he`s said about other clubs and what he did to Vila Nova alone when Real played Barca was enough for me to decide the bloke is a Knob Jockey. and any respect he`d gained in the past for his teams success was lost

zola said:
Burtonblue said:
I think we should stop trading insults with Chelsea fans.
Zola has his points of view and although we may not agree with them he is entitled to them. We City fans are unlikely to change his belief through argument.
I do take exception to being labelled an arrogant lot. I think Zola may interpret the excitement running thorough our veins in view of the exceptional quality of football we have been treated to over the last few months as arrogance.
It isn't Zola. For us it is a long awaited joy to be a able to finally see our club compete at the top level.
I have watched City for over 40 years now and arrogance is not a trait of our fans. Doubtless we will attract our share of glory hunters as all top clubs do (including Chelsea) but to single us out as arrogant just cos we are threatening to be successful is crass and to come onto this forum to wind us up is not on.
Anyway, hope we smash you on Monday!

Thing is I wasn't on a wind up I just posted what Jose had said, the vast majority complimentary about City, and said I couldn't see what was the problem was. Apparently that was enough for some to go into full idiot mode as the rabid hatred of Jose spewed out.

Gloryhunters is par for the course and clearly I understand you want to smash us and I clearly hope you lose.

The thing is his compliments are said tongue in cheek and given to deflect the pressure away from his team.It is like a lower league manager drawing a big gun in the cup and saying they have nothing to lose.Jose's team gets smashed,he told us so,he said what a great team we have,what did anyone expect?If he wins,he is the maestro masterminding a win against the might City.The trouble is we all see through his claptrap now.

Sure as and when we become higher profile we will attract more fans worldwide but anyone accusing our fan base now of being gloryhunters is as devoid of knowledge as the idiots who sing,''Where were you when you were shit?''

I want to smash you more than the rags and that is saying something,you are probably on a par with Arsenal as the team i enjoy beating the most.

paulchapo said:
zola said:
Pablo1 said:

you like me watch too many repeats 8-) i agree with all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.