City vs chelsea pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinturicchio said:
SuperSilva said:
carefree said:
I am not writing of your attack at all, I think you have an outstanding attack, but without Aguero and Nasri i think gives us a much better chance in this game.

cue Negredo, Yaya, Fernan and Dzeko... throw in Jovetic as well... damn, Chelski still have a better chance!!

Aguero and Nasri do not have the most goals/assist for city...

The goals and assists are spread across more than half of our squad especially our strikers, which is why without Aguero or Nasri we are not too worried...

If I'am not mistaking these 2 were involved (setting up or scoring) in almost every goal we scored against Chelsea since they joined (Touré & Tevez also do great usually).

Aguero was set up by Nasri for his wonderful equalizer last time at the bridge.
You've got me fooled; you and Jose Matalan.
orig_188344.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvcJqcUlYTo[/youtube]
I'm the Grumpy Old Troll who lives under the bridge
Hey, I'm the Grumpy Old Troll who lives under the bridge
Who's there?
If you want to come over, all you have to do is this
All you have to do is this
Solve my Riddle

km09 said:
The Team picks itself, One question is will it be Dzeko or Jovetic to partner Negredo
....................Hart
Zab...Komp..Demi...Kola
...........Yaya....Fern
........Navas............Silva
............Negredo....??

Negredo/Jovetic or Dzeko/Jovetic , but not Negredo/Dzeko.

km09 said:
The Team picks itself, One question is will it be Dzeko or Jovetic to partner Negredo
....................Hart
Zab...Komp..Demi...Kola
...........Yaya....Fern

If I know Pellegrini (and obviously I don't) there's no way he'll pick a recently returned, unproven in the team, Jovetic over an in-form, motivated Dzeko. Barring injury, the rest of that line-up is pretty much guaranteed.

CaliforniaBlue said:
km09 said:
....................Hart
Zab...Komp..Demi...Kola
...........Yaya....Fern

If I know Pellegrini (and obviously I don't) there's no way he'll pick a recently returned, unproven in the team, Jovetic over an in-form, motivated Dzeko. Barring injury, the rest of that line-up is pretty much guaranteed.

Jovetic adds more balance to the team than Dzeko and he can produce that touch of magic that you sometimes need to win these games. I think Pellegrini may play him on the left (he likes cutting in form there) with David Silva a free role behind Negredo

....................Hart
Zab...Komp..Demi...Kola
...........Yaya....Fern
Navas....Silva....Jovetic
.............Negredo.........

CaliforniaBlue said:
km09 said:
....................Hart
Zab...Komp..Demi...Kola
...........Yaya....Fern

agreed. Jovetic is still working back to full fitness. I am sure Ed will start with the beast.

Can't wait for the first rendition of "Maureen what's the score, Maureen Maureen what's the score? Be funny to hear that followed by wolf whistles.

I am a bit nervous for this one. They have really tightened up their defense recently. Even though we outplayed them at their place and were unlucky not to win, and really unlucky not to draw I'm still nervous. If we can score early then we'll cruise. They haven't been able to score much at all and I don't see them overcoming a goal or 2 deficit. Not worried about them in open play. Just worried about the counter. They have a lot of pace and will certainly park the bus, and Mourinho will make some excuse why it's OK for him to park the bus but bad when West Ham does it. kind of like when he rips other team's players for diving but when his dive it's OK because they were trying to get a player sent off. SMH. I still expect a win but I expect it to be a nervy affair. Need to take our chances.

I think well miss Aguero for this one. Terry And Cahill will prefer to play against two big forwards. It's going to tight. We need to take our chances and keep Willian, hazard and oscar quiet. A draw wouldn't be a bad result for either team.

Gillespie said:
stavros said:
Gillespie said:
Chelsea wil do what they did at Old Trafford and the Emirates. Play for a 0-0 draw. He may get it but Mike Dean is unlikely to penalise the persistent and cynical fouling that Chelsea will employ to stifle City. City had better keep their heads if provoked as I can see a red card if they don't.......and yes, I do mean you Di Michelis and Zabaletta.

Id say Yaya is more easy to wind up to be honest.

Although I can't actually remember him ever being sent off

As a non City fan, I'd be surprised if Yaya was provoked but you never know.

I have to admit, I do like Yaya - a great player and exciting to watch. I wish we had him.

I see where you are coming from there. Probably the closest thing the Prem has to Vieira in his pomp.
A truly unplayable player - when he is completely arsed that is. Hope he has one of his unplayable days tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.