City Vs Hull Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho pressurises the ball/player but Yaya will never do that

I thought we played with a higher tempo with the ball and without it against Newcastle, but the Cardiff performance was last seasons City with added defensive glitches.

I suppose this is the type of thing that can happen at this stage in the season, but we need to lay down a marker this weekend

Marvin said:

I thought we played with a higher tempo with the ball and without it against Newcastle, but the Cardiff performance was last seasons City with added defensive glitches.

I suppose this is the type of thing that can happen at this stage in the season, but we need to lay down a marker this weekend

Dihno's natural inclination is to pressure quickly, but this has to be more organized than that. It has to be more of a team ethos. Not just pressuring the ball, but doing it tactically. I.e presurring from a certain area just to force a particular outcome.

For example:

Say the LCB has the ball, Dzeko just doesn't pressure and try to steal the ball. Instead he should take an angle from from the right and close in. This cuts of any passes to the right side of the field. and forces the CD to pass into the short side of the field or hoof it up. If he passes left Navas must already be a foot away from the left back and able to arrive just as the ball gets to the left back. Again also banking hard to the right of the left back. Which give him only an option up the line to the left midfield. IF the LB chooses that option as opposed to hoofing it, Zaba should be on the Left mid and Yaya already closing in for the double team. I thought Pelegrini was going to bring this to our playing style. But it isn't there yet.

And it is not a very complexed idea. It just needs muscle memory (i.e. players have to train themselves to do it when not with the ball). It is quite simple too. You simply force the play to the shortside of the field. Once everyone knows the rule, it is simpler to accomplish. SO even before the strike zone defends on the first CD, everyone knows what side the ball is more likely to, and you pressure harder to that side. The goal is to shrink the field, force a pass closer to the line and then double team the player an never let him get the ball back to the middle.

We are poor at doing this. Frankly, most English teams don't do this. The complexity of Premiership defending is limited to 1) Park the Bus 2) Two Banks of Four 3) Shielding Back four with DM 4) With 2 DMs e.t.c.

I believe we can be that team that takes it to the next level. At least I hope we are. I see a bit more early defending sometimes, but its too inconsistent and not organized. Often its Nasri, Milner, DIhno, SIlva, or Navas, just doing a solo hustle.

Again, I am patient. But this is what I expect from the Engineer.

Pants in net for the set pieces until everyone reverts to Pellers defensive systems.

Zabba, Garcia :( , Lescott, Clichy

Dinho, Barry :)

Navas, Aguero, Silva,

Dzeko

Lets destroy them ! 1-0!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:30 pm --<br /><br />
smileyriley2 said:
Pants in net for the set pieces until everyone reverts to Pellers defensive systems.

Zabba, Garcia :( , Lescott, Clichy

Dinho, Barry :)

Navas, Aguero, Silva,

Dzeko

Lets destroy them ! 1-0!

in saying that i would love ot see Negredo get a start! (not sure if Nasty is back)
----------------------Pants
----Zabaleta----Garcia---Nastasic----Clichy
---------------Barry------Fernandinho
------Navas----------Silva-------Jovetic
---------------------Negredo

It looks like we are going with the same back four as the Cardiff game which is not good at all, if Hull get a corner or two and are clinical with their chances we will get done in.

We need to score early if we can.

daxman said:
Marvin said:

Dihno's natural inclination is to pressure quickly, but this has to be more organized than that. It has to be more of a team ethos. Not just pressuring the ball, but doing it tactically. I.e presurring from a certain area just to force a particular outcome.

For example:

Say the LCB has the ball, Dzeko just doesn't pressure and try to steal the ball. Instead he should take an angle from from the right and close in. This cuts of any passes to the right side of the field. and forces the CD to pass into the short side of the field or hoof it up. If he passes left Navas must already be a foot away from the left back and able to arrive just as the ball gets to the left back. Again also banking hard to the right of the left back. Which give him only an option up the line to the left midfield. IF the LB chooses that option as opposed to hoofing it, Zaba should be on the Left mid and Yaya already closing in for the double team. I thought Pelegrini was going to bring this to our playing style. But it isn't there yet.

And it is not a very complexed idea. It just needs muscle memory (i.e. players have to train themselves to do it when not with the ball). It is quite simple too. You simply force the play to the shortside of the field. Once everyone knows the rule, it is simpler to accomplish. SO even before the strike zone defends on the first CD, everyone knows what side the ball is more likely to, and you pressure harder to that side. The goal is to shrink the field, force a pass closer to the line and then double team the player an never let him get the ball back to the middle.

We are poor at doing this. Frankly, most English teams don't do this. The complexity of Premiership defending is limited to 1) Park the Bus 2) Two Banks of Four 3) Shielding Back four with DM 4) With 2 DMs e.t.c.

I believe we can be that team that takes it to the next level. At least I hope we are. I see a bit more early defending sometimes, but its too inconsistent and not organized. Often its Nasri, Milner, DIhno, SIlva, or Navas, just doing a solo hustle.

Again, I am patient. But this is what I expect from the Engineer.
Good post. Apart from muscle memory which is not applicable here

Hi, hoping someone can help me here.

I'm looking into buying my Dad a present, he's a Manchester City fan (and I have a soft spot for City, born out of his love for them and a mutual dislike of Salford F.C.), so I was thinking of getting tickets for the match tomorrow.

I'm wondering if someone can tell me if two adults (with no children) are allowed to sit in the family enclosure - its the cheapest option? All we'd really want is to be able to watch the match with a decent view - being part of the loud atmosphere is not important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.