City Vs Liverpool Post Match Discussion Thread

Thought we played well tonight.

some of this stuff written on this forum is a joke, come May one or twoof you will look like right numpties.

come on blues keep the faith.

Even though we didn't see a lot of Kolarov, he was so so bad. I think a minimal amount of teams in the premier league would take him.Really don't see us getting anything out of the away fixture, the Kompany 4 game ban is bugging me since we need him for such an important part of the season.Praying to god we beat Tottenham, but I doubt it. An yes I know I need to stop being so pessimistic.

Platt said Silva has only got a knock on his ankle .... we're good. They even said we should have him ready next week. I ain't the least worried .... maybe a little with Savic now as I had a lot of faith in him... eeeeek lol

Damocles said:
Danamy said:
i8rags said:
Width....................................................................................................................width
Please.

I'm not just saying this because we've lost as i've posted it previously after winning and i never got an answer, but:

Can somebody please tell me why he puts Dzeko on and then takes off the width (source for crosses)?

He isn't great in the air and we will nevercross behind a team who parked the bus. Better to play through them

Disagree

You'll never play through a team that parks the bus and that's the problem, you need width to get behind them and supply.

Obviously the lads were suffering the effects of the derby, which is hardly suprising given the nature of that game, Aguero and Milner in particular. Massive overreaction regarding savic on here, he made a couple of mistakes but he has hardly played for us so also not suprising and as the game went on I thought he looked better.

The positives were a very assured performance from Joey, great effort from nasri (although I dont think playing the hard man against carragher is really a good idea) and micah was magnificent. Remember that they only scored by way of a penalty so its not like they tore us apart

But equally you cant deny that the dippers are a good side and very tight in midfield. Their weakness is in finishing and that continued in this game. The 3-0 was not an accurate reflection of the relative difference of the 2 sides, and we were unlucky not to draw this.

2 points about the second leg. First obviously they will park the bus and so we need to work hard in training this week to find a way through, especially from wide areas, and there is enough quality in the squad to do it.

Second, dippers are often poor at anfield so I think if we can get a early goal all the pressure will be on them.

This aint over by a long way, we re still right in this and the doom merchants need to calm down

I despair when Kolarov comes on the pitch ... So wasteful and absolutely spineless. Please, pleas sell and buy Samba for 5-7m. Would prop up the back and piss the spuds off. Plus move Dejong on and get a quality winger with some pace.

Danamy said:
Damocles said:
Danamy said:
I'm not just saying this because we've lost as i've posted it previously after winning and i never got an answer, but:

Can somebody please tell me why he puts Dzeko on and then takes off the width (source for crosses)?

He isn't great in the air and we will nevercross behind a team who parked the bus. Better to play through them

Disagree

You'll never play through a team that parks the bus and that's the problem, you need width to get behind them and supply.

Exactly. We tried this time and time again and got crowded out. Johnno kept cutting inside or passing backwards, and he brought Kolarov on to supply some width and crosses - and we saw what happened there!

A bit of credit for Micah

Thought I would find a positive to talk about.

What a performance this evening! He won everything and was an absolute Colossus. And after his outstanding second half vs rags. His game is improving at such a rapid rate right now. He seems to have regained that blistering fast pace that we all thought he had lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.