City Vs QPR Post match Thread

Marvin said:
Way too open? QPR barely got into our half

hahaha this is what i find funny about today and some fans the only thing at fault in our game today was not scoring enough and mancini even said that as well didn't he?

i honestly had no worries about us losing we played well enough not to but i do believe we need to be more clinical and some wasted chances/decisions was are only fault!

Given our dodgy defensive displays at the moment I wonder if one of Silva and Nasri should be benched to allow us to field a midfield three of Garcia, Barry (Rodwell) and Yaya in a more advanced role. That would be a really formidable midfield and Yaya is incredible when he gets forward. Our defence is beginning to feel a bit like Barca's where teams only need a couple of chances to score.

LoveCity said:
Given our dodgy defensive displays at the moment I wonder if one of Silva and Nasri should be benched to allow us to field a midfield three of Garcia, Barry (Rodwell) and Yaya in a more advanced role. That would be a really formidable midfield and Yaya is incredible when he gets forward. Our defence is beginning to feel a bit like Barca's where teams only need a couple of chances to score.

I love when someone knows what they're talking about. This is what worries me too. I find that there's plenty of offensive power on this team but we still arent at the Barca level..so if our defensive game isn't very strong (which as we're finding out is not) we won't be going very far in CL. Have a bad feeling against Real Madrid. We should be able to compete against them but it could be a total failure.

EDWARD19 said:
LoveCity said:

I love when someone knows what they're talking about. This is what worries me too. I find that there's plenty of offensive power on this team but we still arent at the Barca level..so if our defensive game isn't very strong (which as we're finding out is not) we won't be going very far in CL. Have a bad feeling against Real Madrid. We should be able to compete against them but it could be a total failure.

Agree re CL where I think in a tight group like ours clean sheets will make the difference, but this is still the team that had the best defence in the league last season and if we have Yaya plus Tevez and Aguero firing on all cylinders then we should make more of an impact in CL this time?
TBH from what I saw it was in the bag today and we just got lazy and switched off for a moment. What annoys me is that some of the headlines would have you believe it was like the final day of last season again - in truth we got caught, then sorted it out with a goal minutes later without breaking a sweat.
If you follow the headlines you would think we spent a billion pounds on two players yesterday in a panic buy, and then were lucky to score an injury time winner today - CUNTS.

Key points about this game are

1) First half dominated, should have been 3 or 4.
2) Second half urgency dropped
3) Zab/Kolarov advanced too far forward, leaving us exposed - see the goal.
4) We still won

I thought we started very very well, we really need to be more brutal in front of goal.

Thought most of the players put in a good shift. Particularly Yaya/Tevez/Dzeko... the backline was not really bad, Lescott/Kompany didn't do anythin wrong for me... just as a team we got caught which is happening too much right now.

EDWARD19 said:
LoveCity said:

Think the team we pick against Madrid will be totally focussed and do their job, not sure the same will apply to games either side of it.

Rammy Blue said:
considering we've played 2 absolute wank sides at home we've made extremely hard work of getting 6 points that last season we'd have absolutely pissed getting.

Yes, because of course we pissed getting 3 points at home to QPR last season didn't we?

Dzeko has played 194 minutes so far this season. While he's been on the pitch the team has scored 8 goals.

He's been on the bench for 76 minutes so far this season. While he's been on the pitch the team has scored 0 goals.

Morning all...

Yesterday was a funny game. Started fantastic however I always feel if we don't get that killer 2nd goal other teams will always think they can score as has happened the last 2 home games.

Shape looked a lot better but was totally unimpressed by Kolarov and Dzeko.

Rodwell along with Yaya and Tevez was immense.

Message to Mancini. Please don't bring lard arse on for Zab man again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.