City Vs QPR The Final Game Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the "i'm absolutely bricking myself" thread.

Our home league form since the Everton defeat in December 2010:

WWWWDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWW

I was nervous before the rag game and Newcastle, but the way the team performed in both games, nerves of steel, a calm refusal to panic, professionally going about the task has finally rubbed off on me. Anything can happen in football, but I've a lot of faith in this bunch of players.

No doubt come match-day I'll be my usual gibbering wreck though.

Petrovs left peg said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Ban....hope these help.

Last 28 home league games W26 D2 L0

Last 5 games W5 scoring 15 conceding 1

Qpr last 6 away games L6

Qpr away form 20/20 in division worse than wolves!

19 attempts at Newcastle away!

Rags no attempts on target last week.

Qpr lost 13 out of 18 away.

Last 6 qpr away games conceded 17 goals.

Only game we didn't win at home, no Tevez, no aguero, no lescott and kompany first game back from injury. Also no clichy.

45000 fans v 2900 fans

Yes anything can happen in a one of game but the stats point to a city win.

I am nervous and can think of nothing else but I am confident and optimistic which for me is quite something :)

I'm printing this off and putting one copy in my wallet and one by the side of my bed. This week is dragging already.

-- Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 am --

fergal_oc said:
I hate it, really hate it.

Everytime I play Fifa I'm getting thumped, the players touch is rubbish, they can't score open goals as a defender or a keeper literally comes from nowhere to stop them and Vinnie and J can't defend for toffee. I've never been thumped before in online matches and I conceded 16 goals in 3 games last night to my 1 scored.

Something seriously dodgy is going on or it's the most clear omen for Sunday. The wife is getting annoyed because I'm on the edge all the time and quite snappy and I'm glad it's my last week in this current job otherwise I'd probably get sacked because of my crap productivity at the moment.

I can think of nothing but City, so much so that I've started composing a song - yes a proper verse & chorus number. Just utter rediculous because I'm crap at those things.

I'll be sure to post it somewhere and share it on here for shits and giggles when it's done!

For the superstitious ones of us on here, can you confirm its because you are actually crap at Fifa?

Right now I'd like to admit that, but if you've played the online seasons mode then you'll understand when I say that I got to division 3 in I think 10 seasons and I'm currently in division 4.

I think it's down to a dodgy squad file, I had some errors with an update a week or so ago and my run of form since then has been dreadful.

My nerves are on the ground. Can't wait for Sunday. Watching the matches against the rags and Newcastle again and again. It can't get wrong against QPR. Believe!

the goats backside said:
Been nervous since Everton scored the 4th, gradually got worse to me now being a wreck

lol

so true

to all of you bricking it, there is a little light relief available in off topic to calm the pre QPR nerves.......

Had a dream that we threw away a 2 goal lead and drew 2-2. Means I won't even be able to relax at 2-0 now (if we get there)

If we don't win It's because we haven't performed at our best, if we do, surely we'll do it!

Sunday could be a very difficult game for us

I turned up to watch us roll over Sunderland but it didn't happen, there will be expectation and we need to give the team top vocal support as we can..............we need to beware of....

- an early red card could put us in serious trouble

- a wet windy day can reduce us to the same level

- Barton is very capable of raising his game and Tarabt and Cisse are very dangerous

- the ref could have a complete nightmare

- overwhelming expectation could get to players

I hope beyond hope that non of the above happens and that we play to our full potential. However, the support from the fans will be critical so give it all we've got. Keep the faith.

to be honest, after the arsenal game i said i couldnt see us getting another point.

i didnt know we would start playing like we had earlier in the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.