City vs Real Madrid Post match Discussion Thread

Saw enough tonight to tell me we have one hell of a fucking team, with an immense amount of spirit. And enough to know that as long as we keep progressing I couldnt give two shits about going out of the CL. Just hopr all the lads are ok for Chelsea at the weekend, 'cos if it wasnt before, its certainly all about the league now.

Not had time to read all 21 pages so sorry if already been said:
STUPID STUPID tactics and team selection. 3 at the back - totally exposed. Only started looking good wen reverted to what players were familiar with. Team selection - why so much mucking about with the team. Don't buy this needing 2 squads crap. Players want to play and when they start gelling in the prem Bobby f####g changes it all so you've got players un-used to each other leading to massive mistakes costing us progression to knock out stage (this started with our first Euro match). But I'm only a council worker and paid peanuts - what do I know? Very frustrating decision-making by the boss.

To reflect. That was arguably, the second best team in the world. Had luck been on our side, and if we didn't have that stupid defensive slip up, that game would have been easy takings. Bring on Chelsea....

adrianr said:
Saw enough tonight to tell me we have one hell of a fucking team, with an immense amount of spirit. And enough to know that as long as we keep progressing I couldnt give two shits about going out of the CL. Just hopr all the lads are ok for Chelsea at the weekend, 'cos if it wasnt before, its certainly all about the league now.

cracking post and bang on the money.

Apalling start to the game which shook us but we got better and better.

Some very good performances and once again I left a European game thinking what if. We can't keep giving goals away at home in the Champions League. Every single goal we have conceded at home in the Champions League has been a big mistake.

We responded very well.

Real madrid were poor. They wont win anything this season.

very encouraging

still finding our way in the competition but lots of positives to take from tonight

fuck the europa though

So proud we went toe to toe with a European superpower like Madrid and played such an even game.

The plus points

Silva was fucking brilliant, Nasty was, for a 19 year old kid, fucking brilliant and Kompany is back to the player we know and love.

65% possession and 13 shots on goal against such an immense club is extremely impressive and promising. So much so I've even had rags on the text lavishing praise on us.

The negatives:

Very slow and sloppy start.
Maicon was woeful for their goal. Criminally lackadaisical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.