City vs Real Madrid Post match Discussion Thread

Marvin said:
jrb said:
It took Piss Can 5 seasons, and the CL wasn't as good as it is now.
Is it good?

I have seen one good team in our Group: Dortmund. We should have beaten the others, certainly at home

Annoying that we haven't been good enough

Players haven't been up for it, and neither have the fans. Next season, if we qualify we have to be right at it from the very first minute and approach each game like a Derby.

Mentally we show our strength regularly in the Premiership. I think the problem is on our heads.

I think the problem is on our heads.

-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 pm --

Marvin said:
Everyone left it to each other

Every Champions League home game has seen us gift all the opponents goals. We have been responsible for every single goal!!!! That is unbelievable for a team with such a strong defence.

We did well to recover after a shaky start.

Not sure our forwards are playing that well either. Aguero is missing too many chances

On the plus side the performances of Silva and maicon. Outstanding

Only a few weeks ago, many fans were writing off Maicon.

Maicon was at fault for their goal Marv. Sloppy as fuck.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:22 pm --<br /><br />
mansour's tow ropes said:
one of our youth players has tweeted this:

Ronaldo was soo sik to see live when he chopped kompany 3 times was a soz

what the fuck is wrong with these stupid kids?

Little ****. I'll fuckin 'chop' him when I see him. See how sick he is then.

Carstairs said:
crystal_mais said:
I thought Garcia played well when he came on last night.

On a side not there was a couple from Columbia sat behind us last night. The girl was gorgeous.

You know the rules...

It was obvious enough me and my mates gawping at her. Should have taken a photo - I know

She was mad keen with her camera, Tranny, Aguero, Silva even Tevez - as soon as they came anyway close by she was snapping away

Shaelumstash said:
Ronaldo is apparently one of the best players in history. We kept him fairly quiet, and in the second half I'd go as far to say that Kompany and the 19 year old Nastasic had him in their pockets.

We were playing against the team that won the league ahead of the best football team in history, and we completely outplayed them in the second half, and had 65% of possession over the whole game.

We were playing against the new "Galactico's" with the most expensive player in history, and a collection of some of the best players in the world. David Silva was the best player on the pitch by miles.

Overall it's been a fairly disappointing CL campaign, despite having the toughest group there has ever been in the competition, but tonight there is plenty of room for optimism.

Heart warming post. Good work son.

I think by this time, we should have established that Dzeko will always be a super-sub this season. He's a great player, but he should have taken it upon himself to grab the rare starts he got with both hands to justify that he should continue getting those starts.
Mancini benched a player who scored two goals and who was instrumental in another two during the weekend, to give Dzeko this chance against Real Madrid, and while he was not too shabby, we need to get more out of him..We know he can do it, as we saw beginning of last season..

Silva was amazing, and on the whole proud of how the team fought back to hold Madrid to a draw, but I couldn't understand why Aguero was taken off when we were trying to go for a win during the final moments..

Silva's best ever game in a City shirt, wonderful to watch.

Rather than pin it all on Maicon re the goal, I would say it was down to the space allowed for the cross and Hart not commanding his area.

Nasri was shocking, looked so much better when Garcia gave us more in the middle.

But not kidding myself. Madrid held back plenty of gears, playing against ten men, and Mourinho had Mancini sussed from minute one.

Personally, I thought Ronaldo tore our defenders a new one in the first 20 minutes including the legend that is Vincent who got twisted blood when Ronaldo took him on - and lets be honest, embarrassed him. We were lucky we weren't 4-0 down after 20 minutes. Having said that we were much better in the second half and definitely the better team. Vincent sorted Ronaldo out a couple of times, although a little fortunate with some of the shoves.

Our problem is that we developed from non-euro comp team to Champions League team too quickly. Consequently, we always get drawn in a group of death rather than the piss easy groups United get.

Another positive from last night was we preserved our amazing home record against foreign opposition in European competitions....just one defeat in 45 years. During that time the teams we have remained unbeaten against include:

Juventus (twice)
AC Milan
PSG
Porto
Ajax
Schalke
Dortmund
Monchengladbach
Valencia
Real Madrid
Athletic Bilbao
Bayern Munich
Hamburg

Throw in our recent wins over Barca (Thomas Cook, Joan Gamper). Not bad for a club with no history!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.