City vs Real Madrid Post match Discussion Thread

Re: Why take Kun off !?

Don't have a problem with it , things were not happening for us and penalty aside Kun had fluffed our only real two dangerous scoring positions in the second half.

He had a bad night overall and while I understand a goal sneak like Kun can weave his magic anytime it gave Milner who did a few good things in the brief time he was on ( they were going to replace Kun in the 80th minute but waited until the outcome of Kompany before deciding on the change ).

Milner should start on Sunday along with Barry so it was good for him to have a run albeit brief.

Anyone see if Mancini shook his hand as he came off ? It didn't look like it.

citymad said:
Anyone see if Mancini shook his hand as he came off ? It didn't look like it.

He rarely does if he happens to be in the tech area at the time citymad.

Its just his style and at least he doesn't play favorites in that regard.

They were having a chat afterwards probably discussing Sunday already I would imagine.

We played as if we knew results wouldn't go our way especially in the first half after we conceded which is no excuse for not going all out for the win but I sense the club is focussing in on all out attack on the title now without the distraction of Europe than Manure , Arsenal and maybe Chelsea will have.

This season will be a great opportunity for some side like Everton or WBA to stake a claim for a top four spot.

Blue Heaven said:
taconinja said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
one of our youth players has tweeted this:

what the fuck is wrong with these stupid kids?
At first blush, I would say poor mastery of their language skills. Perhaps he was dropped as a child though.

You lose any possible credibility you might have as a poster here by making such insulting comments about someone you don't even know. Why you felt the need to personalize this is beyond me, but I'm extremely disappointed in you. Please try to act like an adult here in the future...
Huh. Sure. Okay. So you don't have a problem with someone saying "what the fuck is wrong with these stupid kids?" but you have a problem with someone making an obvious joke. Sure you do.

Garcia had hes best game so far, but I still think he didn't play that well. He did break up play, twice or maybe 3 times tops, and whats so special about that? seriously, its hes only job, and thats what he is supposed to do... He can't pass, forward, he can't even pass sideways, he only passes to kompany and Nastasic, and sometimes just to yaya, ho is next to him... Think Milner would do a better job in that position...

Nastasic so far is immense, he is only 19, and so far he hasn't played worst than Kompany in any of the games they where partners... Kudos:-)

MissingCityInMelbourne said:
This one has slipped the net. What a completely ridicolous decision to take him off with 5 mins to go and needing one goal to win it and bring on fucking Milner.

Kun himself was that baffled he sat down on the stairs from dugout asking Bob for an explanation.

A bit of respect for Milner wouldn't go amiss. He was class when he came on and playing wide against ten tired men might have led to a converted cross by Dzeko for example.

could and should have been dead and buried in the 1st 20 minutes. Shocking defending for the goal. This is whats cost us this year, playing 3 at the back, awful defending in games inc from set pieces.

But after we reverted back to a normal back 4 i thought we matched them but they looked more dangerous on the attack with thier pace and we struggled to find the final ball at times but a 1-1 draw v Madrid isnt a bad result for any team.

MissingCityInMelbourne said:
sam-caddick said:
Maybe because we are out of the CL anyway and Mancini was looking towards the Chelsea game?

That's what I think.
Would 3 mins really have made a difference ?

How many goals can yer score in three mins? Think we got three at The Swamp once in three mins!

hertsblue said:
could and should have been dead and buried in the 1st 20 minutes. Shocking defending for the goal. This is whats cost us this year, playing 3 at the back, awful defending in games inc from set pieces.

But after we reverted back to a normal back 4 i thought we matched them but they looked more dangerous on the attack with thier pace and we struggled to find the final ball at times but a 1-1 draw v Madrid isnt a bad result for any team.

this is the most frustrating thing for me, for the last 2 years we have had the best defensive record in the premier league, this has been the foundation for our success. Now i keep on hearing that Europe is different and is more tactical but surely the defense isn't the thing to tinker with.

Every game in the CL that we have played with 3 at the back has been poor, as soon as we revert to what we know we improve.

More baffling to me is that we have just got back to some consistancy in the PL and look to have tightened the ship, surely we should be building on this confidence.

Not having a pop in any way, i thought after the first 20 minutes we bossed one of the worlds top teams. But the fact of the matter is we have gone out of the competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.