City vs Real Madrid Post match Discussion Thread

I love Mancini but sometimes he bemuses me. Playing wing backs against Di Maria and Ronaldo was always going to be suicidal considering Real's ability on the counter attack. Factor in Yaya Toure has a holding midfielder and you have a recipe for disaster.

After the switch to a back 4 we dominated the game, especially in the second half once Garcia came on. We just need to be more clinical. Aguero is world class but sometimes his finishing is awful. Dzeko was the wrong choice for that kind of match but understand why he was playing given the fact we deployed Maicon and Kolarov as wing backs. Nastasic and Kompany were class. Silva was immense. Nasri wasn't. Aside from their goal, Maicon looks good. Runs like he had a piano on his back at the minute so could do with losing some weight but he's a good outlet. Overall, a lot to be positive about. Providing we learn from these mistakes, we will be fine. Onwards and upwards.

what doesnt kill us makes us stronger.

we WILL win the champions league within the next 5 years im sure of it.

on another note, i cant believe how hated we are by everyone these days. the press love it when we fail. my mates love it when we fail.

i sometimes wish we were still in the 2nd division when everyone felt sorry for us.

All I am going to say is that David was immense last night, great skill, determination and hard work. We are blessed to have him

ono said:
I love Mancini but sometimes he bemuses me. Playing wing backs against Di Maria and Ronaldo was always going to be suicidal considering Real's ability on the counter attack. Factor in Yaya Toure has a holding midfielder and you have a recipe for disaster.

After the switch to a back 4 we dominated the game, especially in the second half once Garcia came on. We just need to be more clinical. Aguero is world class but sometimes his finishing is awful. Dzeko was the wrong choice for that kind of match but understand why he was playing given the fact we deployed Maicon and Kolarov as wing backs. Nastasic and Kompany were class. Silva was immense. Nasri wasn't. Aside from their goal, Maicon looks good. Runs like he had a piano on his back at the minute so could do with losing some weight but he's a good outlet. Overall, a lot to be positive about. Providing we learn from these mistakes, we will be fine. Onwards and upwards.

My opinion is similar to yours but if the wingbacks would have started deeper like they did against Spurs it would have given Ya Ya more space.
It then becomes a 5-3-2 when we lose possession and we look more solid .
The biggest issue was Dzeko as when he received the ball from the wing backs he lost it and they played it to where our "fullbacks/wingbacks" should be.
I believe the formation can work, maybe need to have a more technical /touch player than Dzeko.
We had this problem at Ajax away with Dzeko/Aguero.
At the same time I do like the fact that Dzeko scores lots of goals so i will never call him on the pitch, but i think certain types of games do not suit his style.
Bring on Europa and hopefully another great day out in Amsterdam in May.

ono said:

Spot-on analysis. I thought Garcia was excellent. Injury-free, he could be an asset for us. If Silva carries on like last night we will win the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.