City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

chestervegasblue said:
Milner needs to start every game. We should have cashed in on Yaya in the summer. We need a fourth striker.

Milner was outstanding in the last two games and is dropped. No wonder he is stalling on a contract. What else does he need to do to prove himself.

The difference was clear when he came on last night and suddenly Maicon was a lot quieter.

Meantime, Yaya wanders around as he feels like, sometimes looking back to his best but mostly looking unfit and disinterested, and again he stays on for the whole game.

There was hesitation in the passes, notably with Zabaleta and Yaya. And all those wasted set pieces and continuously falling victim to Roma's pressing were depressing to see.

But that handball should have been given, no excuses for that.

kwm1988 said:
Really embarrased by the attendace tonight its worrying how on a big champions league night like this we cant even get 40 000 the club really needs to look at this.
fuck off rag.Who did you play......Fucking no one...prick

I just don't know about the way we play these games, I have said it on more than one occasion we should move the ball faster then we are doing. passing 30 times around the bloody half way line wont do anything for us, how many times did we go into there half then pass back to go forward then pass back. and why the hell do we keep passing to yaya for him to do a 5 yd pass back then go after the ball, its school football chasing the ball all the time. roma when have the ball never passed back but went forward, us kept going back to do nice 5 yd passes to each other while roma had a brew waiting for us to go forward.

Kun was bullied out of the game all night and need to be replaced while Dzeko should stay on to keep the ball, imo.

Awful performance.

Disappointed in the boss. He was too slow to change it and is far too stubborn over our formation and style of play.

We looked naive tonight.

I actually think we've gone backwards since last season.

Jocks Y-Fronts said:
chestervegasblue said:
Milner needs to start every game. We should have cashed in on Yaya in the summer. We need a fourth striker.

Milner was outstanding in the last two games and is dropped. No wonder he is stalling on a contract. What else does he need to do to prove himself.

The difference was clear when he came on last night and suddenly Maicon was a lot quieter.

Meantime, Yaya wanders around as he feels like, sometimes looking back to his best but mostly looking unfit and disinterested, and again he stays on for the whole game.

Hitting the target once in a while may help and passing to someone in blue

The guy sat next to me was banging on about Milner all night as he came on I said just watch how many times he gives the ball away he actually started watching for it he soon shut up about Milner

Pellegrini last night should have took Silva off for Jovetic at half time Silva had one of his poorest games in a blue shirt

We really missed Nasri and Fernando last night Romas midfield three bossed the game

God I really do hate the Chumps league I think that will be my last group game I have had enough

Just another typical home champions league night really. Draw but second best throughout the night. Tactically we were miles behind roma but ultimately a point is the worst result in the world. I didn't think the atmosphere was too bad however there was obviously a lot of people that didn't turn up. Overall a pretty poor night and we need to buck our ideas up if we are ever going to do anything in Europe.

Yaya wasn't as gash as he was in the match against bayern,but still it is time and again proved that it is a liability to play him in a midfield two in european games,almost everybody except for pellegrini seems to have noticed this.He needs to be dropped once Fernando is back.Would like to see Lampard in a midfield three with both the Ferns beside him and David Silva ahead of them.Going with two strikers against top teams,that is suicidal,it is like we are asking for trouble even before the game has begun. Yday Aguero should have been taken off instead of Dzeko,who was doing extremely well, that substitution didn't make much sense. Dzeko and Silva played well,eventhough towards the end Silva fluffed the best chance that we had and should have shot while he was in the box instead of looking for that extra pass,he did play well.Also when Frank and Milner came on we improved so much,if only both of them had started the game with Silva in the number 10 role,the outcome of the game would have been entirely different.Pellers needs to stop being stubborn and adopt a more pragmatic approach in the reverse fixtures against bayern,roma and against moscow,even if that means dropping some of our super star players,this competition needs players who will give everything that takes to win the game while on the pitch.

bluethai said:
Kun was bullied out of the game all night and need to be replaced while Dzeko should stay on to keep the ball, imo.
Exactly this! Kun should've been taken off earlier, Dzeko was bullying them kept the ball brilliantly every single time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.