City Vs Roma Post Match Thread

The gods honest truth is that we're so ridiculously over rated by the English media who love to rank us along side Bayern, Real and Barca etc. We're light years behind those teams and don't seem to be closing the gap anytime soon. Roma deserved all three points tonight, didn't even make their keeper work they had us by the balls.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/516922313384943616" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/MCFC/status/516922313384943616</a>

Really what sort of cunts are working at City?

Bonjour from Paris! (on business)
Well what a heap of sh*t that was.
A master class of dire midfield play from YaYa and woeful defending by Cliche tonight.
Roma fully deserved their point and with their best two players out injured as well!

YaYa is just totally fecking dire at the moment. He should have been sold in the summer. He certainly shouldn't be starting till he sorts his head out. As to Cliche - he seems to have forgotten how to defend. Finally we come to Pellers - The man is just on another planet to leave out James Milner from the starting line up when he is clearly on fire at the moment. After he came on he was clearly the best City player on the pitch by a million miles. Shame nobody else could step up to the plate.

Ah well can we make the UEFA cup I wonder?
Whoever made the decision that it was fine everybody coming back from the World Cup late needs to be be shot.

Dzeko was the best player on the pitch for us, cannot for the life of me work out why he was subbed.

PSG 3-2 Barcelona

This result interested me. PSG do have more European pedigree but before the money were doing nothing of note. They have had easier groups due to no other French teams in Pot 1, but beating Barcelona in a high stakes situation (aka Barca haven't already qualified and haven't taken the foot off...) shows without a doubt that they're already ahead of us in Europe.

We have a team built for the Premier League, they have a team built for the French League and Champions League.

Our style just seems largely ineffective in the Champions League, it's too methodical and easy to play against for opposition defenders. There is no pace whatsoever, we struggle so much to get past defences and end up in tight, congested spaces.

Earlier, CSKA played Bayern and using the pace of Musa got behind Bayern's defence several times and should have scored.

Let me highlight that...

CSKA Moscow presented a more dangerous attacking threat than Manchester City against Bayern Munich.

We were far from crap, but we played a team who were exceptionally quick and passed with precision which we struggled to cope with for large parts of the game.

To Roma's credit, they didn't come entirely to defend and catch us on the break (even though breaking was a significant part of their game), they brought the game to us, especially in the first half, and looked the better team.

Second half we upped our game a little, but once again struggled to break down a resilient defence. Aguero's a fantastic player but long balls to him are unlikely to be successful, particularly against top class defenders. Dzeko's improved his ability to hold the ball up, but it's not his forte, and at this level, you've got to be damn good at it to make it work.

Milner made a world of difference in the second half, because he ran at defenders.
Yaya did little to inspire any sense of foreboding for opposition teams, and Clichy wasn't particularly effective.

Roma reminding me of last season's Liverpool. Exceptionally quick to intercept any loose ball, and attack with pace. City can be a quick team, but we don't have THAT level of pace.

Surrounded by Roma fans once again, and a notable array of empty seats in most blocks. Very disappointing all in all. I have no idea what the cause of the issue is. Pricing seems to be an issue, but this is Champion's League against a top club, and we should expect a full house. Whilst I abhor that Roma fans manage to get tickets all over the stadium, it's hard to be too critical when City fans are choosing not to buy.
I know money is tight, but it's just as tight for (say) Liverpool fans. I feel there's something more behind it than money alone.

Anyway, back to football. In isolation, a draw with an in-form Roma side at home is not too bad, but when we look at the bigger picture, we've made our task significantly harder. It's going to take a serious amount of effort to get out of this group, and there's little indication we have the grit, or know-how about how to do so.

Some fans on the radio have been critical of Pellegrini. Sure, there's a few choices that make you wonder what his thinking is, but the team on the pitch tonight was certainly a very decent one indeed. Some will prefer Kolarov, some Clichy. Some will go for Navas, some for Milner etc. but there was nothing woefully lacking in the team at 7.45pm

As things, we do not seem to be feared by teams in Europe, and we have done little to put fear into them. We look 'capable but fragile' - probably because that's what we are.

We seem to be at our best when we think everything is already lost, so nothing left to play for but pride. The moment we HAVE to perform, we are found wanting.
City's end of match report card should read: 'shows ability and talent, but really must apply themselves more. Could do better and must do better'.

oppa gangnam style said:
I would say without 9-11 points we just wont go trough.

6 points vs CSKA is what Bayern/Roma will have too. Us hopefully too if not than no reason to even thin we can advance...

Thats 6 points for the 3 stronger teams as a basic.

I think Roma at home will get a draw vs Bayern especially if De Rossi, Strootman can be back for them. At home Bayern beats them tho.
That is 8 points for Romabefore last game Roma-City.
We probably get a draw vs Bayern at home if Pelle doesnt fuck up completely and makes the needed changes in formation. That is 8 points too for us.
Roma-City could be huge pressure in this case, and only beating Bayern at home could put us into a situation where a draw is good enough in Rome.

But right know its hard to see how we turn around what we saw in Byern and today game and we just go out, play fearless style vs Bayern and beat them and in a bloody tough atmosphere in Olimpico vs a very good Roma side when we hardly did much at home vs a Roma that had their best players out with injuries.

Too many tactical/mental problems in our CL games it wont change in a fucking week or month. Its deeper than that. Key players not performing to their level regularly. Its not just Yaya...

We usually waste a half or 60-70 minutes before we correct the mistakes that comes from putting up the wrong team/formation. In CL you get punished for that. do your job before the game and get it right is the way to avoid it.

You want two strikers on? Good then have 4 midfielder that work their ass off and cant stop running 90 minutes otherwise you will be open. The way Silva/Yaya tracks back to help is a fucking big present to any opponent's manager.
Remember what Frank de Boer said years ago that City have players that decide when to run when to relay in games like Balotelli, Nasri etc.
Discipline is huge part of of tactics.

Hard to be optimistic about reaching next stage. Yes we can beat Roma away, but more likely that we go there and start a midfield duo again by that time we could 2-0 down tho...
Also today we were lucky they missed top players. Maybe next time they wont and we will miss Silva, Aguero, Kompany. Whats then?

CL is a priority for the board imo, not winning it but reaching a late stage like a semifinal finally...

I am yet to see anything that would make other teams really fear from City in CL. They dont fear us, we keep making same mistakes, being open, not being aggressive enough, tactical mistakes in a row, and all we get is punishing for all these things.

If CL is a priority for the board then why do they think we can do better this season than last with pretty much the same first 11.

If you want to play 442 then you need two wingers who are fast and can get up and down the pitch with quality. We do not have these players yet two were available in summer and we sign a squad player and a potentially good CB.

The teams that do well in the CL frighten the opposition. Our attack looks stale and at times pedestrian. Really needed freshening up last summer

Armaan said:
Dzeko was the best player on the pitch for us, cannot for the life of me work out why he was subbed.

Spot on. Gave us a focal point and held it up well. Aguero ran down cul-de-sacs all night and I never saw him in the second half till he was subbed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.