City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

This. We can not play this system AND use Toure in that role.

We'll suffer in the long run, it's blatantly obvious.
This. We can not play this system AND use Toure in that role.

We'll suffer in the long run, it's blatantly obvious.

you realize that all the good chances that Seville got came from the wings... they created little to nothing from the middle... every thing we created came from Yaya... Seville is a top team that is built for cup runs (thus their winning records) they flooded the wings and made Zaba/Sagna look ordinary... i get irked by the bandwagon on Toure's back regardless of what transpired in the actual game... what we did in the past 2 UCL games is similar to what Juventus did to us and every one praised them for only having two chances and putting them away... isn't that what this competition is about: winning... every good chance we had came from Toure... give credit when it is due

Highlights
Navas
De Bryune
the ref
mangala
Barker was on the bench
Juventus result
Hart

Lowlights
Sterling!
start good, havnt scored after 25 mins, opposition attack, city heads go down, anything can happen after this point
Hart
Bony ffs

The problem or me is Yaya, you just cant play him in a 2 man midfield. the only option would be to have two from Ferny 1, Ferny 2 and Delph plus Yaya. but this leave just 3 positions up top. Assuming Aguero is always going to start that leaves just 2 positions available for Silva, KDB, Sterling, Navas, Nasri.

Given KDB form you have to go with him and most people then would go for Silva, this leaves no width.

But Yaya is key to so much we do as his two assists tonight show.

Sometimes the choice and options available give us more headaches than answers.

Thought we deserved a win against Juve and were very fortunate tonight, so I guess things even themselves out.

Having Yaya against top class opposition is worse than defending with 10 men, because he's on the pitch you expect him to cover space or pick up his man but he gets bypassed so easily it's unreal.

It was not showing for the ball when the centre halves were looking for options that got me, but he set up both goals so not too shabby. I'd rather see tweedledum and tweedledee in Europe though.

It was not showing for the ball when the centre halves were looking for options that got me, but he set up both goals so not too shabby. I'd rather see tweedledum and tweedledee in Europe though.
Agree, but not just for Europe, any game against a top side, especially away from home.

Great result but the performance was sluggish, too open defensively and generally average. The fullbacks were both run ragged and the midfield had no control. On the plus side Navas had another good game and Kevin is a gem.

Glad to get the win and we move on.

While I agree we have to be more compact in these games and we were well off the mark for much of the game I thought the effort wasn't as bad as many are making out.

I don't think this is a great group to be honest and we can easily end up with 15 points without having to play top notch football as we always seem to have a goal in our locker at some stage.

In saying that we have to change tactics , get in a few more proven winners and game changers in years to come if we are to see ourselves in the last game of the season.

Have to keep a clean sheet on Sunday now , that's 7 on the spin without one and that's not good enough.

Manure are average in a pretty average league to be honest so far at least but again if we leave ourselves open as we continue to do they will punish us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.