City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

the big thing to come out of this game is that we held in there, which tells me a lot.

of course eventually a two man midfield which includes yaya will eventually prove to be suicidal.

the manager has got to stop thinking in terms of names but who is right for the position and if that means putting someone's nose out of joint then so be it

once fernando was on we were back in the game in terms of control, it was way too open before then

so chuffed we got the win, KDB is on his way to legendary status if he keeps this up

but what was joe doing right at the end when he threw the ball back to sevilla, i was having kittens when he did that

I know it's good to win "pretty", but the elation when kdb scored was something else! Loved the reception for captain fantastic for his few seconds on the pitch!

And yet there was someone on here last night saying he didn't celebrate our winner at all because he was so pissed off with the way played. Seriously, what the fuck? We've got some fucking weird fans if they refuse to celebrate an injury-time winner in such an important game.

Once again we were hugely naive, bordering on arrogant. People can make all the excuses, but we should have been beaten lst night, individual quality has again bailed us out.

Far too many flaws with the system, the lack of pressure, lack of cohesion defensively. We're going to get a hammering soon because the way we play is suicide with the players at our disposal.

Pellegrini will be gone in the summer, and whilst I admire the football we've played, his tactics are borderline suicide. He's making two very good CBs in Otamendi and Mangala look vastly ordinary due to the lack of cover.
We struggled to get the better of a team who player for player were as good as we are. They edged the game in terms of possession and possibly chances.

We played one of the better teams in Europe without Silva, Nasri, Aguero and both left backs so we had a right back who struggled to get forward playing on the left so anyone who expected us to turn them over with the players we had out is actually the one bordering on arrogant - no disrespect intended! You make the same mistake as our enemies in the media who think that just because City have a big cheque book they should be able to outplay any opponent whatever the circumstances

Take the best attacking players out of any team on the planet and they will struggle.

the big thing to come out of this game is that we held in there, which tells me a lot.

of course eventually a two man midfield which includes yaya will eventually prove to be suicidal.

the manager has got to stop thinking in terms of names but who is right for the position and if that means putting someone's nose out of joint then so be it

once fernando was on we were back in the game in terms of control, it was way too open before then

so chuffed we got the win, KDB is on his way to legendary status if he keeps this up

but what was joe doing right at the end when he threw the ball back to sevilla, i was having kittens when he did that
Agree, but I am not sure given the players we had out that we could play a game we had to really win without Toure. Our attacking options / creativity were really limited and we couldn't keep the ball to get our forwards in the game so you'd have started without Toure? It was a marginal decision, and that tells you how far Toure has fallen.

Very lacklustre performance. No pressure on the ball when they were in possession. At one point they looked as if they just wanted to pass it across the back four with no intention of going forward but we sat off them so much, it invited them forward and allowed them to dominate and dictate. We got the win and everything looks pretty rosy so credit to us for keeping at it but we look nowhere near the required standard at this level. I thought they looked better than us pretty much all over the park.
Given the teams, what we got was exactly what we should have expected.

It is the Champions League for a reason and you have to be at your best. We weren't for very obvious reasons. Very sad that we play key games without key players. it is bound to have an effect

We struggled to get the better of a team who player for player were as good as we are. They edged the game in terms of possession and possibly chances.

We played one of the better teams in Europe without Silva, Nasri, Aguero and both left backs so we had a right back who struggled to get forward playing on the left so anyone who expected us to turn them over with the players we had out is actually the one bordering on arrogant - no disrespect intended! You make the same mistake as our enemies in the media who think that just because City have a big cheque book they should be able to outplay any opponent whatever the circumstances

Take the best attacking players out of any team on the planet and they will struggle.

They weren't as good as us player for player, the difference was they tactically out thought us. I disagree that they're one of the better teams in Europe, they aren't even in the top 10 of sides. We have a habit of making good sides look great against us due to poor tactics.

Like I said, when players are out you have to adapt. We again try to impose our possession based game, when we didn't have the players to do so, and off the ball our pressing was non existent.

I know, what the fuck was that all about?!

He gave an apologetic wave to the south stand after the danger was over.

And yet there was someone on here last night saying he didn't celebrate our winner at all because he was so pissed off with the way played. Seriously, what the fuck? We've got some fucking weird fans if they refuse to celebrate an injury-time winner in such an important game.

Been lucky enough to see Agueros winner last year against Bayern and KDB last night, don't give a shit how we've played when them goals go in.

Agree, but I am not sure given the players we had out that we could play a game we had to really win without Toure. Our attacking options / creativity were really limited and we couldn't keep the ball to get our forwards in the game so you'd have started without Toure? It was a marginal decision, and that tells you how far Toure has fallen.

Toure will always play if he is fit. The manager never drops him so Pellegrini has to work his team around that. At the moment in Europe, he doesn't.

If Toure hadn't played last night there is a good chance we would have lost. Offensively he was good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.