City Vs Seville Champions League Post Match Thread

I have to say it was a classic City victory.
Yes, extremely scary game at times. Very easily could have lost that but we didn't.
It's just in the bones of this club it seems. Crazy, fight 'til the end, joyous victories.
Navas was really up for it against his old side, I enjoyed the nut-meg. Mangala impressed although he had at least one of his "moments".
I thought Yaya was very good. Excellent for our first goal, good run and assist for the winner too. Even if he did absolutely zero defending (I'd say he does some) I just think he frightens opposing players, we all know what he can do going forward and I'd want him to play every game.
But the Belgian genius truly saved us with a very lovely, very late goal. Ohhhhhh Kevin De Bruyne!
Well done Pellegrini for his good, if late, tactical switch. Vincent Kompany returning to the team was the icing on the cake.

Not been at our best in the last few weeks but 4 wins in a row since Spurs is not to be sniffed at.

If we can fluke a win against the rags this weekend then it has been a good response.

Even if it's not pretty, all we can do is keep winning until we get our world class stars back.

Mangala was really good tonight. Thought him and Otamendi played really well seeing as Sevilla had most of the ball. Mangala made repeated interceptions and I don't remember them having too many clear cut chances despite getting into a lot of dangerous situations.

The fact we won tonight is down to KDB and good defending by Mangala and Otamendi. Navas worth a mention too. The other players kept at it, but a poor performance from most

Mangala and Otamendi were all over the place. Partly because they were both doing the jobs of the right and left backs too. Some of their clearances were woeful.

Think you need to watch the match again as Seville had plenty of clear cut chances and a better side would have put them away.

Vincent Kompany was doing a better Captain's job on the sidelines in 10/15 mins than Toure did in both the last two matches! YaYa should never be Captain. IMHO Joe or Zaba when no Vinnie.

And what on earth were Mr Pellegrini & Cousillas doing when Vinnie was coming on? I think Cousillas thought YaYa was coming off because he was taking the armband off! But it was weird, Cousillas looked as if he was going to have a heart attack or was having a tantrum!!!

We must be one of the worst teams around off the ball. We literally let teams do whatever they please until they get near our goal, it's a joke we don't press one tiny bit and it's frustrating as fuck to watch.

ahora vas a tener que ir a un buen juego de Sevilla jejejeje, tables was the best result, come on city come on city, come on navas... but in BPL jejeje

A lot to criticise despite the result.

1) Poorly set up - with what we had I'd have played 4-2-3-1 with the two Ferns in front of the back four and Yaya in the middle of the three, with KDB & Navas either side. That leaves Sterling on the bench as a potential impact sub.

2) Lack of pressing/pressure on the ball. Didn't start pressing until 85 minutes.

3) Too casual both with the ball and with our passing. De Bruyne had the ball taken off him from behind about 4 times and so many passes fell short.

4) Bony & Sterling a few times failed to attack the far post when we had the ball in a good position. Even when De Bruyne scored, Sterling was stood outside the area istead of looking to get on the end of the ball in.

But we got the points somehow and a win in Seville sees us through.

Probably our worst performance of the season , we played better at spurs and got hammered , if we play like that on Sunday , it will get very messy , VK has to come back in place of Mangala , because Mangala is to gung ho , and we also lacked a leader tonight , to give Yaya the captaincy with his work ethic really is a joke , a captain leads by example and Fernandinho always gives 100% , he should wear the armband when VK is not playing. Not many positives tonight , KDB is worth every penny of £50m , and Zabs got another game under his belt , and we got a very very lucky 2-1 win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.