City Vs Seville Champions League Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should actually leave kolorov out, keep sagna in and bring back vinnie. I think wouldn't be too bothered if we left yaya out of this, I think having Both ferns in for this would be more suited for this game in particularly, as we've said in alot of CL games previously. Plus i'd rest him for the league.

I'd play

Hart

Sagna
Otamendi
Vinnie
Zab

Fernando
fernandinho
Sterling
De Bruyne
Nevas

Bony

Though i think pellegrini will drop Fernando for Yaya.

Anyway i think we'll do it tomorrow, 3-1.
Sagna doesn't get forward much at all on the right side, and even less so on the left. And he got totally caught out on one occasion, which led to his yellow card, against Bournemouth. We're without Silva and Aguero so if Kolarov is 100% I expect him to start, but we don't know that he is despite him being in the squad.

Bony's going to score again tonight. Telling you now. Quite possibly two again. One's going to be a swivel short from outside the box which skims across the wet turf and into the bottom corner.

Bony's going to score again tonight. Telling you now. Quite possibly two again. One's going to be a swivel short from outside the box which skims across the wet turf and into the bottom corner.
They might find it difficult to play against a player with that amount of power. Not sure he is 100% yet. Think he needs 2 or 3 more games, but then as soon as he's 100%, Aguero will be back and its back to the bench.

They might find it difficult to play against a player with that amount of power. Not sure he is 100% yet. Think he needs 2 or 3 more games, but then as soon as he's 100%, Aguero will be back and its back to the bench.

There are no minnows in Sevilla's centre of defence who will know about Bony's strenghts (and weaknessess). And that he is still human being and no cartoonhero with unhumanly powers.
This is in fact the first truly important match Bony will be playing in a Cityshirt since he arrived. In fact it's his first truly important match ever in a clubshirt. So I expect him to be fully up for this (and the next) one. To be honest I'm more worried we cannot keep a blanc sheet in a CL-game at home.

As much as I'd like to see us play Fernando, Fernandinho and Toure, I can't see Pellegrini doing it. I think it will be the same starting XI as Saturday, with Kompany replacing Otamendi.

As much as I'd like to see us play Fernando, Fernandinho and Toure, I can't see Pellegrini doing it. I think it will be the same starting XI as Saturday, with Kompany replacing Otamendi.

I definitely wouldn't play those 3 in the middle, as we haven't found a way to make them all work together before (that I can remember of). Tottenham with Toure 10 yards forward was a joke, it was far too rigid and he looked so rusty in that role.

It would also mean not starting Navas, who for his faults is the only player who has performed well on the right side at all this season.

If Bony gets fully fit and in form he could be banging in goals all over the place. If he was to average close to 2 a game or more and we were on a solid winning run would you drop him for Aguero?
I’d be tempted to give Bony a good run now and not consider AGuero until he is back to 100% fitness and then I’d bringing him off the bench in games. We need to get both fit and in form and Bony will suffer unless he gets a run at some point.

I think we should actually leave kolorov out, keep sagna in and bring back vinnie. I think wouldn't be too bothered if we left yaya out of this, I think having Both ferns in for this would be more suited for this game in particularly, as we've said in alot of CL games previously. Plus i'd rest him for the league.

I'd play

Hart

Sagna
Otamendi
Vinnie
Zab

Fernando
fernandinho
Sterling
De Bruyne
Nevas

Bony

Though i think pellegrini will drop Fernando for Yaya.

Anyway i think we'll do it tomorrow, 3-1.

Playing Fernando instead of Yaya will improve us defensively against the counter attack, But Yaya is very important to our possession game. Leaving Yaya out (especially when Silva isn't playing) will result in a significant drop in possession.

I think the key is where De Bruyne and Sterling play. If they play as they did on Saturday then that will leave a large space behind Sterling which Yaya would naturally step forward to fill, leaving us exposed at the back. But if Sterling and De Bruyne swap, with De Bruyne playing 10m deeper than Sterling did on Saturday, Yaya can play a more conservative game. He can keep our possession ticking over, but without leaving us too vulnerable on the counter.

Would anyone take a win both tonight and Sunday for a loss against Palace next week?
(Bearing in mind a cup exit could mean we come out with nothing like last year)

Sevilla are still much better than Bournemouth. According to the OS we had 54% possession on Saturday. More than enough to see off Bournemouth but that would translate into about 45% against Sevilla if we play the same formation. We've seen many times that what works well in the PL often doesn't work in the CL.

I would swap De Bruyne and Sterling, play De Bruyne a tad deeper than Sterling played on Saturday. Just make it that bit more solid.
Not sure exactly how we should approach this game but I don't think possession stats matter that much in Europe look at the Gooners last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.